1 platform BBOS10

The other two are down to google/Microsoft no ?

So why the sudden jump to Android? why not windows? why not both ? they have time but money is limited.... there taken the quick exit to make a quick 'buck android.

like is aid its make or break fella. and you also say there holding onto BBOS10 ? other threads in this forum say something different about that.

ADHD? ha love a good chuckle.
    BlackBerry says they're supporting updates for next six months. Android isn't quick buck. It's only possible buck. They're running outta time and money for hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:24 AM
    With a heavy heart, I abandon Blackberry.

It used to be an innovative company with an fantastic, though not well marketed OS. Now it's just another commodity Android phone maker. And Android never excited me, else I would have bought into the HTC or Nexus long time back instead of the Z10 or Classic.

Bye bye Blackberry.
    jsmith00075 likes this.
    10-16-15 09:44 AM
    Me personally, I wont go andriod.....I have had a BB for 8+ yrs (except for 6 mos) & the reasons I have owned " privacy security, built good, OS like ,built more for professional / rather than games.....love the way it keeps me organized......
    I personally do not like google....i don't trust them....I dont even use their search engine...I use start page.....I have owned a driod for 6 mos, & I will tell you, yes, they have a million apps, but most want permissions that they have no buisness needing, so I didnt use them...I even messaged some of there app developers on why do you need these permissions ? there response was, well it was just standard protocall, & don't worry, we wont do anything with your texts,contacts,emails.....etc
    If BB10 is not going to be updated again & no more BB phones (using BB10) made, I will just use my Z-30 till its dead,then maybe buy a used one.....they still have to support BB10
    jsmith00075 and azjaws like this.
    10-16-15 11:45 AM
    I couldn't agree more. I will probably go to a Windows phone if as BB 10 goes away.
    I wouldn't take an apple phone as a gift and I certainly don't trust Google but then is the Redmond group any better?
    10-16-15 12:54 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I will probably go to a Windows phone if as BB 10 goes away.
    I wouldn't take an apple phone as a gift and I certainly don't trust Google but then is the Redmond group any better?
    Have you used Windows 10 yet?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 01:14 PM
    Actually Windows 10 Mobile is shaping up rather nicely. I've have been running a windows phone with W10 Mobile along side my Passport. To me, it is a very viable option. I have developed a certain comfort level with the software and I am most pleased with productivity found in the OS. Add to that the new round of W10 devices and I have found a suitable replacement for me and my organization.
    extisis and ayngling like this.
    10-16-15 09:54 PM
    Can the mods edit the title of the thread? Change "We" to "I" since the sentiment of the op is not the sentiment of the majority. I have a choice, the op doesn't have. So it's not "we".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-15 11:52 PM
    Can the mods edit the title of the thread? Change "We" to "I" since the sentiment of the op is not the sentiment of the majority. I have a choice, the op doesn't have. So it's not "we".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for ��Android��
    Ironic this post is...

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 12:43 AM
    Actually Windows 10 Mobile is shaping up rather nicely. I've have been running a windows phone with W10 Mobile along side my Passport. To me, it is a very viable option. I have developed a certain comfort level with the software and I am most pleased with productivity found in the OS. Add to that the new round of W10 devices and I have found a suitable replacement for me and my organization.
    I ran a Windows Phone 8.1 for a while. I like the live tiles and I think Cortana is much more developed than Siri. I'm surprised Windows Phone did not do better than it did. Cortana can sure make things easy. She was the only assistant I ever had that worked tirelessly and efficiently and never asked for a raise. Over the last few years, I also ran an iPhone 4s for comparison to try Siri and lately Apple Music. Apple's iOS is simply too dated for me. 5 years ago it was OK, but now I want something cleaner, fresher and more cutting edge. I thought about going with Windows full time, but I still like my 9900 bridged to my Playbook on my business line. I don't want to come off this platform yet for business, so only my personal line gets new phones.

So, I just purchased a new Q5 for my personal line. Wow. What can I say? Great phone. Outstanding keyboard, good battery, nice screen. And, the OS is simply amazing. It's simply the OS I was looking for as far as "cutting-edge" design goes. I can't imagine settling for Android or iPhone or even Windows now that I've tried BB10. It's the most elegant OS I have used, and I have used them all.

ANDROID on BLACKBERRY? I suppose it's a good idea for some. I do have a 4.4 Android that I use once in a while. It's very nice. However, if I were to go Android, I'd just stick with an Android phone. If I go Blackberry it will be BB10 or my beloved 9900.
    Well, since I do currently run BB OS7 and now BB 10.3, I guess I have gone BlackBerry.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    10-23-15 08:32 PM
    I ran a Windows Phone 8.1 for a while. I like the live tiles and I think Cortana is much more developed than Siri. I'm surprised Windows Phone did not do better than it did. Cortana can sure make things easy. She was the only assistant I ever had that worked tirelessly and efficiently and never asked for a raise. Over the last few years, I also ran an iPhone 4s for comparison to try Siri and lately Apple Music. Apple's iOS is simply too dated for me. 5 years ago it was OK, but now I want something cleaner, fresher and more cutting edge. I thought about going with Windows full time, but I still like my 9900 bridged to my Playbook on my business line. I don't want to come off this platform yet for business, so only my personal line gets new phones.

So, I just purchased a new Q5 for my personal line. Wow. What can I say? Great phone. Outstanding keyboard, good battery, nice screen. And, the OS is simply amazing. It's simply the OS I was looking for as far as "cutting-edge" design goes. I can't imagine settling for Android or iPhone or even Windows now that I've tried BB10. It's the most elegant OS I have used, and I have used them all.

ANDROID on BLACKBERRY? I suppose it's a good idea for some. I do have a 4.4 Android that I use once in a while. It's very nice. However, if I were to go Android, I'd just stick with an Android phone. If I go Blackberry it will be BB10 or my beloved 9900.
    Well, since I do currently run BB OS7 and now BB 10.3, I guess I have gone BlackBerry.
    You wanted something cutting edge so you got a Q5?
    10-24-15 08:29 AM
    I'm talking OS not Hardware.

Also, there is a thread you may wish to check out comparing the Q10 and the Q5 with just about everyone liking the Q5 better, so that's what I jumped on.
    Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-vs-q5-879800/

I'm not really a hardware chaser. When I had a Windows Phone it was the 521. I had an iPhone 4s. I've got an Android LG Volt. These phones may not be cutting edge hardware, but they all ran the latest OS, and that's what is important to me. The Q5 runs BB10.3.1 and that's all I really care about at this point and time. In the future? Sure, I may upgrade to a BB Classic. For now, I'm liking the Q5 very much.
    10-24-15 08:34 AM
    I'm talking OS not Hardware.

Also, there is a thread you may wish to check out comparing the Q10 and the Q5 with just about everyone liking the Q5 better, so that's what I jumped on.
    Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-vs-q5-879800/

I'm not really a hardware chaser. When I had a Windows Phone it was the 521. I had an iPhone 4s. I've got an Android LG Volt. These phones may not be cutting edge hardware, but they all ran the latest OS, and that's what is important to me. The Q5 runs BB10.3.1 and that's all I really care about at this point and time. In the future? Sure, I may upgrade to a BB Classic. For now, I'm liking the Q5 very much.
    That's cool. All that really matters is it works for you. I just thought it was odd you call iOS old and not cutting edge but then mention you got the Q5.
    10-24-15 08:53 AM
    That's cool. All that really matters is it works for you. I just thought it was odd you call iOS old and not cutting edge but then mention you got the Q5.
    I agree, it is odd.

I've posted many times in this and other Forums that I liked iOS well enough, and followed the changes from the original iPhone right up to using iOS 8.x I thought that the basic architecture of the OS changed very little. Tweaks and improvements, yes, but nothing overhauled like BlackBerry did by going from OS7 to OS10. Yet, I want Apple to do very well because even though I'm not a fan, having a world where ONLY Google holds all the power is not cool at all. Competition is key and I hope iOS fans keep Apple STRONG. As consumers, we need them to compete with Google to keep the market level and to push the envelope on technology.

Same with Windows Phone, however, as much as I liked the "Live Tiles", it was not cutting edge enough to crack Google or Apple. They are too entrenched. So I only see Apple as the prime champion to battle Google on the field of Smartphone consumers.

You know what's even more odd about me is that I still use my 9900 Bridged to my BlackBerry for my Business line. I still love that old technology. It works. I suppose that's why iOS users like Apple's slightly dated iOS. It simply WORKS for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, when I FINALLY got a BB10 and set it up, it was more of an epiphany than I expected once I dove in and really started using it. I sure hope that BBerry keeps it going. Truly. It would be a travesty to abandon such an elegant and ground-breaking OS as the BB10.3 QNX architecture. Of course, like everything else on the net, this is my humble opinion.

At this point, I'm happy with my LG Android Volt running Android 4.4. I would not personally buy a Berry that runs Android. But opinions change, and it's possible that at some point I would. But right now I have just entered the Honeymoon period with BB10. I have to let that run its course.
    TgeekB and werkregen like this.
    10-24-15 10:51 AM
    I agree, it is odd.

I've posted many times in this and other Forums that I liked iOS well enough, and followed the changes from the original iPhone right up to using iOS 8.x I thought that the basic architecture of the OS changed very little. Tweaks and improvements, yes, but nothing overhauled like BlackBerry did by going from OS7 to OS10. Yet, I want Apple to do very well because even though I'm not a fan, having a world where ONLY Google holds all the power is not cool at all. Competition is key and I hope iOS fans keep Apple STRONG. As consumers, we need them to compete with Google to keep the market level and to push the envelope on technology.

Same with Windows Phone, however, as much as I liked the "Live Tiles", it was not cutting edge enough to crack Google or Apple. They are too entrenched. So I only see Apple as the prime champion to battle Google on the field of Smartphone consumers.

You know what's even more odd about me is that I still use my 9900 Bridged to my BlackBerry for my Business line. I still love that old technology. It works. I suppose that's why iOS users like Apple's slightly dated iOS. It simply WORKS for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, when I FINALLY got a BB10 and set it up, it was more of an epiphany than I expected once I dove in and really started using it. I sure hope that BBerry keeps it going. Truly. It would be a travesty to abandon such an elegant and ground-breaking OS as the BB10.3 QNX architecture. Of course, like everything else on the net, this is my humble opinion.

At this point, I'm happy with my LG Android Volt running Android 4.4. I would not personally buy a Berry that runs Android. But opinions change, and it's possible that at some point I would. But right now I have just entered the Honeymoon period with BB10. I have to let that run its course.
    Can't disagree with the way you stated that. And I agree, it is to our advantage to have more than one OS because it breeds competition and innovation. BBOS had it's time, and is still quite usable for the basics, but the public has demanded more. BB10 is innovative, but was sadly too late to the game so I fear it is on it's last leg. Too bad because I thought it was developing nicely.
    I recently went to iOS because I don't want to be stuck with an OS that will have limited updates which I think is the path of BB10. I feel I at least get fairly good security, a top notch ecosystem with all my financial apps, Office apps, etc., and the best support in the business. I think I started with Blackberry in 2007 so it's kind of sad to have to move on but I'm sure I will survive.
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    10-24-15 10:59 AM
    Can't disagree with the way you stated that. And I agree, it is to our advantage to have more than one OS because it breeds competition and innovation. BBOS had it's time, and is still quite usable for the basics, but the public has demanded more. BB10 is innovative, but was sadly too late to the game so I fear it is on it's last leg. Too bad because I thought it was developing nicely.
    I recently went to iOS because I don't want to be stuck with an OS that will have limited updates which I think is the path of BB10. I feel I at least get fairly good security, a top notch ecosystem with all my financial apps, Office apps, etc., and the best support in the business. I think I started with Blackberry in 2007 so it's kind of sad to have to move on but I'm sure I will survive.
    Wow, this is a great post.

You and I are more similar than you may think. I started with a Curve in about 2006 ish. I picked it up and it just worked for me. I remember the T-Mo salesman saying "Please give it a week before you return it if you can't figure the OS out". No way. I walked out of the store and it was like I wrote the OS. I came off of an old Windows based Motorola "Q" so it was easy to upgrade back then. I stayed with BlackBerry right up to OS7 on the 9900 for my business line. I'm a business owner and I need stability and methodical productivity and I can't rock that boat just yet. So my 9900 Bridged to my Playbook is my daily driver there.

HOWEVER, for my Personal line, I have played around significantly. I had an iPhone 3 and then the 4s to try Siri and still have it running the latest iOS. I also have an iPad. I am a big music aficionado (mostly Jazz) and loved Apple Music. As you know, unlike other apps like Spotify, Apple Music is entrenched directly into iOS architecture. This has great advantages like full Siri integration. But it has a downside in that Apple can't upgrade Apple Music without doing a total OS upgrade because of the way Apple Music is part of the system core architecture. But I agree with you. Apple is a GREAT choice. I mean that. I almost took that plunge, and may regret that I didn't.

I played with Windows Phone quite a bit. I started with 8.0. It had potential and Cortana was superior to Siri on a few fronts, yet it never caught fire. I don't see it going anywhere. Apps are even more of a problem than it was for BlackBerry for me. And many apps are 3rd party and not official apps. And some don't work like they do on iOS or Droid. I have not tried OS 10, but I can't see it making that much of a difference to me.

Droid can be seductive to some. My LG Volt is a pretty cool phone. It does a lot of things automatically that really entice me to that platform. I also love my Chromebook (I'm typing on it now), and with apps like "Mighty Text" you can set it up like iOS "Continuity" or BB10 "Blend".

Yes, I'm happy for you that you embraced iOS. Actually a good choice. That reminds me, I opted for three more months of Apple Music. I have to get that iPad out and start enjoying some tunes this weekend.

Enjoy that iPhone!
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-24-15 11:15 AM
    TgeekB, I forgot to mention one key thing for me. Intuitive OS.

I don't know why, but from the minute I picked up BlackBerry, the OS just made sense to me. Like I had written the OS myself.
    No other phone has done that.

Android has come close to being fully intuitive to me, but iOS is counter intuitive. I understand many think it's the best thing since sliced bread and I respect that, but to me it's a struggle at times. It seems I'm constantly hunting for menu and back icons on the screen since the hardware only has a large HOME BUTTON. Again, no offense here, it's just that to me, iOS is at the bottom of the list for intuitive operating systems.

I know, it's strange that I feel this way. Steve Jobs would not ship an operating manual with iPhones because he thought the OS to be so intuitive, you did not need one. Well, I need one. It seems I'm constantly Googling how to do something on an iPhone. Even cancelling my auto pay for Apple Music was so counter intuitive to my brain, I had to Google how to do that. Sad but true.

That's probably the main reason I don't embrace iPhone, and I know that makes me a rare user. I would wager that most find iOS very intuitive. It's just not that way for me for some strange reason.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    10-24-15 11:54 AM
    TgeekB, I forgot to mention one key thing for me. Intuitive OS.

I don't know why, but from the minute I picked up BlackBerry, the OS just made sense to me. Like I had written the OS myself.
    No other phone has done that.

Android has come close to being fully intuitive to me, but iOS is counter intuitive. I understand many think it's the best thing since sliced bread and I respect that, but to me it's a struggle at times. It seems I'm constantly hunting for menu and back icons on the screen since the hardware only has a large HOME BUTTON. Again, no offense here, it's just that to me, iOS is at the bottom of the list for intuitive operating systems.

I know, it's strange that I feel this way. Steve Jobs would not ship an operating manual with iPhones because he thought the OS to be so intuitive, you did not need one. Well, I need one. It seems I'm constantly Googling how to do something on an iPhone. Even cancelling my auto pay for Apple Music was so counter intuitive to my brain, I had to Google how to do that. Sad but true.

That's probably the main reason I don't embrace iPhone, and I know that makes me a rare user. I would wager that most find iOS very intuitive. It's just not that way for me for some strange reason.
    Good point and that is very important when choosing an OS. It shouldn't be hard to "get around" the system, it should be almost automatic. I find iOS pretty well thought out and I do believe I heard they may be getting rid of the home button in the next phone. That would be interesting.
    The Bold was a beast, though it doesn't have the ecosystem to go with it that integrates it with so many features people want these days. But for business, email, etc. it doesn't mess around! It's a workhorse and why complicate it with things that would only take away from it's fluidity?
    I'm not a fanboy of any one system and enjoy trying them all. I have a Lumia 830 that's pretty nice with the live tiles and such, it just doesn't flow very well for my liking. I played around with Android for a couple of years and found myself just....playing around a lot. iPhone seems to give me a well-rounded combination of all the things I'm looking for but, who knows, I'll probably change my mind again some day! Have a great weekend!
    10-24-15 12:21 PM
    I am in the "Insider group" with Windows 10, have been since April and I really like it.
    dolco and ayngling like this.
    10-30-15 09:27 AM
    LoL.. No.

LOL
    07-03-16 03:57 PM
    Last week I bought the Microsoft Lumia 950 but didn't fulfil my communication needs, I returned the smartphone a couple of days later, and came back with my more than 3 years old BlackBerry Z10, still a beast.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-03-16 05:04 PM
    People need to get through their heads that blackberry doesn't have the cashflow to keep risking the company with bb10. Using android is a matter of ppl being in a comfort zone. People hate change...period. We wouldn't have had this problem if bb10 was created in 2007, not in 2010.

If the Priv is successful, it can probably bring some attention back to blackberry itself and get people to try out BB10. Right now they have to rebuild their image. Who knows? Maybe they can offer both BB10 and Android phones. One step at a time everyone. It took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    Exactly the point I've been making. Chens goal is to get 6 million phones into peoples hands. Until that happens I don't think we'll see anymore BB10 until then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-16 01:16 AM
    UPDATE:

The Q5 is a fine phone especially for the price, but I've since moved on to a Passport. So yes, I now have IMO the finest BB10 phone on the market. But the Q5 runs FINE with BB10. Actually, surprisingly better than I expected. And it's a nice one handed phone. The Passport is a 2 handed device. Unless you are a Gorilla.

As much as I like the Passport, it's a BIG PHONE. I personally would not call it a Smartphone, I'd call it a Phablet. There are times when I'd like to PULL the SIM in my Passport and put it in my Q5 again for portability sake, but the Passport takes a NANO SIM and the Q5 a MICRO. Yea, I could use an adapter, but it's not that great. Wish they would have kept the Passport at the MICRO SIM level.
    07-08-16 11:13 AM
    UPDATE:

The Q5 is a fine phone especially for the price, but I've since moved on to a Passport. So yes, I now have IMO the finest BB10 phone on the market. But the Q5 runs FINE with BB10. Actually, surprisingly better than I expected. And it's a nice one handed phone. The Passport is a 2 handed device. Unless you are a Gorilla.

As much as I like the Passport, it's a BIG PHONE. I personally would not call it a Smartphone, I'd call it a Phablet. There are times when I'd like to PULL the SIM in my Passport and put it in my Q5 again for portability sake, but the Passport takes a NANO SIM and the Q5 a MICRO. Yea, I could use an adapter, but it's not that great. Wish they would have kept the Passport at the MICRO SIM level.
    I agree, the Passport should be classified as a phablet. I owned one, and it was nice, but moved to Windows phone.

I'm sure the Q5 gets the basics done well, but it can't compete with today's smartphones. Everyone needs to use what works for them though.
    07-08-16 03:09 PM
    I agree, the Passport should be classified as a phablet. I owned one, and it was nice, but moved to Windows phone.

I'm sure the Q5 gets the basics done well, but it can't compete with today's smartphones. Everyone needs to use what works for them though.
    True. Although I can't think what my Passport does that the Q5 didn't do. I loaded Cobalt's Android Playstore on both and downloaded just about any app I wanted, and most worked OK. Some, like YouTube Music, have to go through Cobalt's "App Scrubber" to enable them to recognize the hacked Google Services on the Berry, but a Dual Core BB10 is a Dual Core BB10 and I didn't see any diff between the Q5 and the Q10 and the Z30 I had. The BB Passport is FASTER that's for sure with the Quad Core, and the wide screen is nice, but I'm not as "delighted" with it as I thought I was going to be and honestly, I think it's because I'm personally not a PHABLET guy. If I were, the Passport would be the best for me, but I'm sticking with it for now. Working wide and the HUB are just too nice for me at present. One thing that I think has happened, I think I have outgrown a keyboard. I think I prefer a virtual keyboard experience, especially the BlackBerry virtual Keyboard.

I tried a WindowsPhone for a year and it's a nice idea with the Live Tiles, but it's not for me. I felt that it was like BlackBerry with regard to App-Lagging and other issues I had with it. But if it works for you, great. It's got a loyal following and the Microsoft-Office integration is cool. And IMO, Cortana is ahead of Siri.

Honestly, the best phone for me would be a Droid because I am entrenched with Google on my Chromebook, using all the Google Office Products. I love my Chromebook and personally don't mind living in Google-Ville. Amazon is now offering a $59 fairly robust Droid from BLU for Amazon Prime members. I'm going to get one just to try it. Why not.

Eventually, I'm sure I'll migrate to a Droid-Berry. Best of both worlds I suppose. My ATT rep will be happy. She constantly pings me to get a Droid-Berry.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-08-16 04:40 PM
    With the fact that plenty of people are currently still using bb7 phones, I cannot see why current bb10 users who really enjoy the os would just abandon it.
    07-09-16 10:14 AM
162 ... 4567