I've used Android phones, and I've never seen anything that is faster than the Blackberry Hub for communications. With a single swipe from any screen or app, I see all notifications, phone calls, voice mails, social networks, emails, etc with sender and subject line. When I'm ready ro replace my phone, I'll look at Android again.

Generally, it feels like Android and iOS think you should use 3rd party apps for everything, and most of those apps don't play well, or at all, with each other. My #1 requirement for a mobile phone is that it allows me to read and respond to hundreds of communications each day. I want a single location that I can work from without selecting different apps from my home screen.

My work flow is dead simple:
    1. Open hub.
    2. Read, respond, file, and/or delete message.
    3. Proceed to the next message.

It doesn't matter to me whether the message comes via email, BBM, SMS, Calendar notification, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. The work flow is exactly the same.

Last I tried, about a year ago, I couldn't do that in Android, but. If it turns out that I can, I'll be happy to consider Android. Gosh know that Apple is a total nightmare when it comes to efficient work flow!

Posted via CB10
    The Hub was always slower then the unified inbox on BBOS for me. Just my opinion.
    But while Android still may not be AS quick these days, it has caught up and the difference is probably microseconds. The only thing that will probably slow you down on Android is dealing with multiple messages that have stacked up, and even then that will depend on your app of choice for emails and messaging.
    10-15-15 03:00 AM
    BlackBerry will not survive as an Android OEM. Nobody wants a BlackBerry handset nor do enterprise see any value in continuing with BB solutions given their lack of clear direction.

Chen has fscked up BB all thanks to the majority shareholders who are totally self-serving mongrels.
    Blackberry's target business is not as an Android OEM. Chen has made that perfectly clear.
    They would rather be a MDM company among other things.
    In one interview he pretty much said Blackberry will be a services company and the hardware will continue as a means to show off those services.
    Thats why Android or iOS are not Blackberry's main threat, it is Microsoft who wants the same pie as Blackberry.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-15 03:03 AM
    We don't have a choice.. I'll keep all my BB10 phones and also get the Priv... There is no way out folks... Just get it too.
    10-15-15 09:25 AM
    IIRC, in an earlier post, you made a point of inferring that smartphones don't preclude you from needing your laptop anyway.

Thus, it seems even the Hub isn't sufficient for your workflow. I specifically use smartdevices to avoid carrying a laptop.

Having used each system, I don't know that I'd say any gives me a major time advantage (so much so that it would make me pick one over the other), but I do believe the Hub would be great on Android.
    That's correct, but I use my laptop for full-featured software programs that I need access to throughout the day (and often the evenings). For 90% of written communications, I prefer my BlackBerry. For one thing, no application on my laptop can compete with the hub for simple access to all my communication channels.

I work.on my laptop, but communicate primarily on my BlackBerry. For example, this morning I ran a series of statistical analyses to create bubble graphs, which I saves as a PDF. I then posted them on Dropbox. Then I used my BlackBerry to send a BBM to three different clients with a link to the files. Of course I could have done that in my desktop email application, but because I use separate client-domain email address for two of my three clients, it would have taken me longer to switch email accounts than it did to use BBM, and email doesn't have the same level of immediacy that IM does. It's much quicker to switch accounts in the Hub!

The only time I use my email client on my laptop or desktop is when I have to do a lot of HTML formatting that isn't possible on my BlackBerry.

Of course I realize that everyone's work flow is different, and I appreciate the choices available in the marketplace. I just have my work flow dialed in and can't find a compelling reason to switch platforms at this time.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 10-15-15 at 10:19 AM.
    Tre Lawrence, George_B and undone like this.
    10-15-15 10:07 AM
    ....The only thing that will probably slow you down on Android is dealing with multiple messages that have stacked up, and even then that will depend on your app of choice for emails and messaging.
    You talk about using apps for emails and messaging. I'm not sure what you mean. In BB10 I don't have to launch any apps for written communication. It's built in to the OS. That's pretty much my point! I prefer a unified experience for all communications, not different apps for each channel.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 10:12 AM
    If BB10 dies, I'm going Jolla too!
    Just wondering why?

Is there something about Jolla that is better?

I haven't read much about their focus on Security and Privacy.... especially while using Android Apps. Nor have I heard of anything that it really does better than a standard Android device. In fact most of the reviews say it's fun to play with something different, but it isn't really a primary daily driver....
    extisis likes this.
    10-15-15 10:25 AM
    We don't have a choice.. I'll keep all my BB10 phones and also get the Priv... There is no way out folks... Just get it too.
    LoL.. No.
    10-15-15 10:45 AM
    Just wondering why?

Is there something about Jolla that is better?

I haven't read much about their focus on Security and Privacy.... especially while using Android Apps. Nor have I heard of anything that it really does better than a standard Android device. In fact most of the reviews say it's fun to play with something different, but it isn't really a primary daily driver....
    Open source not owned by Big Brother. That's why I got one.
    10-15-15 10:45 AM
    They should keep Releasing phones with BBOS10 and one day BBOS11, see what happens?

the fact the 'priv' is coming to android is a really low blow to me..... its no longer a blackberry... its just like samsung and other droid phones they all run the same OS core...

Blackberry is now just a brand, (we understand chen wants to turn the company around) this isn't the way to go... this is a desperate situation by him.

and its a great shame.

if he wants to go down this route then make 3 based type phones

Windows Phone
    Android Phone
    BlackBerry OS Phone

see which sells more

at least the priv has some decent specs and an sd card though (something apple and now samsung don;t have)

but we can all rest assured and not worry about apps on the priv.
    George_B likes this.
    10-15-15 10:59 AM
    if he wants to go down this route then make 3 based type phones

Windows Phone
    Android Phone
    BlackBerry OS Phone

see which sells more
    Interesting experiment. At the moment, Android outsells WP by over 20 to 1, and WP outsells BB10 by over 10 to 1. So if you put these three OSes into the same hardware -- Priv hardware, for example -- is there any reason to think these numbers, or at least the rank ordering, would be different?
    10-15-15 11:24 AM
    People need to get through their heads that blackberry doesn't have the cashflow to keep risking the company with bb10. Using android is a matter of ppl being in a comfort zone. People hate change...period. We wouldn't have had this problem if bb10 was created in 2007, not in 2010.

If the Priv is successful, it can probably bring some attention back to blackberry itself and get people to try out BB10. Right now they have to rebuild their image. Who knows? Maybe they can offer both BB10 and Android phones. One step at a time everyone. It took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    Yes you have a choice..you do not have to buy a Blackberry..
    10-15-15 01:07 PM
    People need to get through their heads that blackberry doesn't have the cashflow to keep risking the company with bb10. Using android is a matter of ppl being in a comfort zone. People hate change...period. We wouldn't have had this problem if bb10 was created in 2007, not in 2010.

If the Priv is successful, it can probably bring some attention back to blackberry itself and get people to try out BB10. Right now they have to rebuild their image. Who knows? Maybe they can offer both BB10 and Android phones. One step at a time everyone. It took apple 4 years to get back on its feet to success after Steve Jobs came back. It didn't happen overnight....

Posted via CB10
    Aww, don't worry. There's always Windows Phone. Oh, wait. Not only does that have nearly as few apps as BB, it's can't run Android to make up for it. Oops.
    10-15-15 04:58 PM
    Interesting experiment. At the moment, Android outsells WP by over 20 to 1, and WP outsells BB10 by over 10 to 1. So if you put these three OSes into the same hardware -- Priv hardware, for example -- is there any reason to think these numbers, or at least the rank ordering, would be different?
    To be honest, i think it would be more profitable in the (long term)

See, the fact is chen choosed Android.. why? obviously it's the DOMINANT POWER in the market at the moment, but why stop there?

Make BBOS10/11 Phones for the 'Business Enterprise Market'

Make Android Phones for the 'consumer' no need to worry about applications anymore.

Make Windows based phones (for both business and consumer) the Windows platform isn't dying its doing ok, but android does get in the way.

if they release three types of series of BB phones for the 3 main operating systems.

How could they lose out? (right now its make or break they should do it, they have 3 operating systems in there market, how the hell could they lose money on that?
    10-15-15 05:07 PM
    To be honest, i think it would be more profitable in the (long term)

See, the fact is chen choosed Android.. why? obviously it's the DOMINANT POWER in the market at the moment, but why stop there?

Make BBOS10/11 Phones for the 'Business Enterprise Market'

Make Android Phones for the 'consumer' no need to worry about applications anymore.

Make Windows based phones (for both business and consumer) the Windows platform isn't dying its doing ok, but android does get in the way.

if they release three types of series of BB phones for the 3 main operating systems.

How could they lose out? (right now its make or break they should do it, they have 3 operating systems in there market, how the hell could they lose money on that?
    Come on, really? You were almost believable until your last paragraph.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:34 PM
    If BB10 dies, I'm going Jolla too!
    A Holla for Jolla from me too... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-15-15 06:04 PM
    Totally agree if bb10 was created near ios and android came out bb10 would of been a success.. but unfortunately that's not the case and android is the way to go at least they sprinkling some bb10 apps on it like the hub and who knows what else.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:09 PM
    Come on, really? You were almost believable until your last paragraph.

Posted via CB10
    And what's wrong with the 'last paragraph' ? like i said and chen has said 'its make or break'

make 3 OS based BB phones (best of both worlds)

If he uses android, then whats it going to hurt to use windows??

Might as well try right?

they have the bes tof both worlds, it could actually work

Has any company done that ? have 3 types of OS on there phones?? haven't seen one in a long time (samsung has tizen) etc but still...
    TheBirdDog likes this.
    10-15-15 06:42 PM
    And what's wrong with the 'last paragraph' ? like i said and chen has said 'its make or break'

Might as well try right?

Has any company done that ? have 3 types of OS on there phones?? haven't seen one in a long time (samsung has tizen) etc but still...
    What's wrong is development for 3 platforms.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 07:00 PM

Might as well try right?

Wrong is that BlackBerry doesn't have the resources (time or money) for two platforms let alone three. At this point, they're holding onto BB10 since they've already developed the OS and some large customers may continue to pay for next update or two. BlackBerry has fiduciary responsibility to not waste shareholders money. Your idea from a logistical standpoint would be like corporate ADHD.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 07:37 PM
    What's wrong is development for 3 platforms.

Posted via CB10
    1 platform BBOS10

The other two are down to google/Microsoft no ?

Wrong is that BlackBerry doesn't have the resources (time or money) for two platforms let alone three. At this point, they're holding onto BB10 since they've already developed the OS and some large customers may continue to pay for next update or two. BlackBerry has fiduciary responsibility to not waste shareholders money. Your idea from a logistical standpoint would be like corporate ADHD.

Posted via CB10
    So why the sudden jump to Android? why not windows? why not both ? they have time but money is limited.... there taken the quick exit to make a quick 'buck android.

like is aid its make or break fella. and you also say there holding onto BBOS10 ? other threads in this forum say something different about that.

ADHD? ha love a good chuckle.
    10-15-15 08:44 PM
    With Windows 10 Mobile focusing more and more on enterprise, I'm probably going to stay on board. It's honestly nothing on Android that I care about anymore

*I would take Here Drive over Google Maps 8 days out the week.
    *I don't use GMail, and I can use all of my work/personal email on the device and just create a unified inbox
    *I use Skype to talk to my family and the new messaging app that combines Skype and SMS is NICE
    *Windows 8.1 Update 2 introduce granular permissions, but now in Windows 10 Mobile, we can control all permissions
    *While my life isn't attached to apps, I know some are and with the introduction of UWP apps, people will begin to see more develop for it, especially with the Surface becoming more and more popular.

It's only 2 things that W10M is lacking that I need and that's Cisco Jabber and a real call blocker but it is what it is.
    10-15-15 10:52 PM
    *Windows 8.1 Update 2 introduce granular permissions, but now in Windows 10 Mobile, we can control all permissions
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...fault-settings

Any thoughts on this?
    10-16-15 03:31 AM
    You talk about using apps for emails and messaging. I'm not sure what you mean. In BB10 I don't have to launch any apps for written communication. It's built in to the OS. That's pretty much my point! I prefer a unified experience for all communications, not different apps for each channel.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but in Blackberry 10 each channel in the HUB has a seperate app as well, which as you point out you rarely have to use.
    Most Apps in Android would allow a similar experience as the Hub via the notification centre. so you can interact with any notification via one swipe.

The key difference would be the Notification centre in Android only shows new messages whereas the Hub shows old ones.

What i meant was some apps do not allow this interaction but most do. At the very least you can see all new messages with one swipe, whereas with certain apps you would be able to reply via the notification centre just like you could with hub
    10-16-15 04:05 AM
    1 platform BBOS10

The other two are down to google/Microsoft no ?

So why the sudden jump to Android? why not windows? why not both ? they have time but money is limited.... there taken the quick exit to make a quick 'buck android.

like is aid its make or break fella. and you also say there holding onto BBOS10 ? other threads in this forum say something different about that.

ADHD? ha love a good chuckle.
    Windows is their main competitor and the thing that could destroy Blackberry

A partnership with Google is their best chance for long term survival
    10-16-15 04:06 AM
    Yes but in Blackberry 10 each channel in the HUB has a seperate app as well, which as you point out you rarely have to use.
    Most Apps in Android would allow a similar experience as the Hub via the notification centre. so you can interact with any notification via one swipe.

The key difference would be the Notification centre in Android only shows new messages whereas the Hub shows old ones.

What i meant was some apps do not allow this interaction but most do. At the very least you can see all new messages with one swipe, whereas with certain apps you would be able to reply via the notification centre just like you could with hub
    If I have to open separate apps to see old messages, forget I! I'd rather carry multiple devices than not see all my communications in one place. Hopefully Blackberry's implementation of the Hub on Android addresses this.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 07:04 AM
162 ... 34567