If they come out with traffic on BlackBerry 10 it will be incorporated in maps. Thing is, a lot of the traffic app has already been incorporated into maps. What else would you like to be added to maps to resemble traffic a little more? Just asking because I wasn't a huge user of traffic, but it definitely served me well the times I did use it. I did like the sharing options like ETA time and all.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:14 PM
    I did like the sharing options like ETA time and all.
    That was one of the cleverest and most useful features around, and I don't know why it hasn't survived and/or been copied by other mapping apps. Tap on the little envelope icon when you're en route, and a text is sent to the mobile you associate with the destination informing that person of your ETA.
    pantlesspenguin and imcurved like this.
    06-13-13 12:34 PM
    Well, it's still the early days. Who's knows what exactly they're working on and when exactly it is coming. It's definitely not a simple port from bbos so getting everything right like they did before will take a lot of time unfortunately. I agree the ETA was a nice feature, especially when one could program to share with a certain person based on location. Very quick and easy, and otherwise safe to do while on the road!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:54 PM
    I'm using the free trial of Mireo this week. Been awesome so far and I intend to pay for it. Good turn by turn. Easy UI. Offline maps. The bonus is I can input the coordinates of my favorites places from my OS6 device that I've collected over the years.

Though on my last camping trip I opened Waze to send my wife my location. Going to miss that and the user network alerts.

www.907outdoors.com
    06-17-13 11:50 PM
    That was one of the cleverest and most useful features around, and I don't know why it hasn't survived and/or been copied by other mapping apps. Tap on the little envelope icon when you're en route, and a text is sent to the mobile you associate with the destination informing that person of your ETA.
    Waze has this feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:08 AM
    Waze has this feature.

Posted via CB10
    Not really. Waze has the Share My Drive feature -- it sends a text or email to someone (you have to choose the contact, they're not and can't be associated with the destination, even if you have it saved as a Favorite), which provides a link allowing them to follow your progress along the route to your destination. That's nice, but it's not the same as hitting an icon and instantly sending a text to a person pre-associated with your destination telling them your ETA.
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    06-19-13 01:04 PM
31 12