I'm wanting to use my GPS while driving, cause I'm travelling right now.

The downside is that the GPS is taking way too long to find my position. And there are also times where it doesn't pick it up at all.
    Is there a way to speed this up?

Am I doing anything wrong? Any tips?

Thanks in advanced =]
    08-20-09 03:38 AM
    You could try driving slower so the GPS can catch up (haha). Seriously, I've had the same problem. That's why I have a seperate GPS for the car

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 03:47 AM
    That's just the way the GPS is... Your driving too fast to keep up especially if you are in an out of the way area. Usually my GPS runs smooth if I am in a major 3G covered area, but when I drive closer to rural areas it takes way longer to follow along.

I too use a separate GPS for the car, only because the bold auto-shuts off the backlight after like 5-10 seconds. And if you change it to always on, it drains battery really quickly.
    08-20-09 04:10 AM
    GPS seems to work a lot better in Vancouver than it does in Calgary (where I'm travelling to now).

Also for me, it seems to work better the more I move. When I'm sitting at a restaurant it always fails to pick up any sort of signals.

08-20-09 04:33 AM
    You could try driving slower so the GPS can catch up (haha). Seriously, I've had the same problem. That's why I have a seperate GPS for the car

LOL yes i saw something in space was following me yesterday !

for a car and long trips .. get a seperate gps better
    08-20-09 05:10 AM
    GPS seems to work a lot better in Vancouver than it does in Calgary (where I'm travelling to now).

Also for me, it seems to work better the more I move. When I'm sitting at a restaurant it always fails to pick up any sort of signals.

if you mean sitting in the restaurant, then that's why it goes in and out, no good clear view of the sky. as for the long time finding your position, if you mean when you first open the application, make sure you open it all up before you get going on the road, if you're not already. as for the keeping up...can't help that one (unless maybe there is a way in the engineering screens to adjust the refresh rate of the gps??? anybody know if that's possible?).
    08-20-09 05:33 AM
    In options>advanced options>GPS, turn "location aiding" on.

08-20-09 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD