I know that if you have the Roxio component installed with Desktop Manager you can get to the various files/folders in internal memory.

Are there any other ways? I guess I should clarify - from or using a usb cable (I will skip bluetooth for this question although feel free to answer that, too). This came up in a Tour thread on getting to photos stored in Internal Memroy (guy had a mac).

I know my Canon Camera just shows up as a "device" in My Computer but not a lettered drive and while I can perform some actions on files, they are not as wide open as with files on a "drive!" I remember similar access or limitation on my Creative MP3 player although, if I recall, it could show up as a drive or in MyComputer as a device, Zen, I think.

Is there anyway to get to the intermal memory if you don't install the Roxio software (I know people have a dislike for it)? Any drivers? 3rd party access? Voodoo?

I know on the device you can EXPLORE and get to it and manipulate files. Same with FileScout but those can be tedious drilling down through the folders, finding the file, "copying" it only having to drill back up and across to the SDcard to finally copy it there.
    11-10-09 04:24 PM
    It's not possible to access the device memory without using Roxio. Sorry.
    11-10-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD