does anyone know if there is an app that lets you bypass entering a password when my storm is locked?

My company has settings so that it requires a strong password (8 characters and must include: upper case, lower case, number and symbol).

It is also set so that it automatically locks after 30 minutes.

I am looking for an app that will let me bypass the strong password and use something simple. It is a pain when driving to enter the password.

Thanks for any help
    07-28-09 09:15 AM
    No there is not, if it is set by the IT policy from your company you are stuck with it.
    07-28-09 09:21 AM
    That is what I thought but it was worth asking. Seems like there could be an app written for it but I am by no means an IT guy!
    07-28-09 09:37 AM
    You could try mentioning to your IT folks that requiring ultra strong passwords (and including all 4 "flavors" of characters counts IMHO) is in fact less secure than requiring a slightly weaker password, because when the password gets past the "PITA level" people start doing things like writing it on a slip of paper or doing other that end up compromising its value (your post here qualifies), tell them that 2 flavors is usually good enough, particularly since BB's can be "remote wiped".
    Of course since your IT folks instituted the policy, I doubt they will be influenced by the opinions of a mere user.
    07-28-09 09:45 AM
    If an app is written to do this, you will see a wholesale removal of BBs from corporations. That would be a major security breach and one that would seriously compromise their image of secure phones.
    07-28-09 11:03 AM
    Nothing to offer on the topic, but having to do all of that on a Storm has got to be a pain in the a*s.
    07-28-09 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD