Helo , I am wondering if anyone can help me , me being silly spilled some water over my phone blackberry 9300 , though the only problem i actually have is its only the screen that has been waterlogged , it is still working in every other way , but i took the battery and all other components out and left it to dry over night and then checked again in the morning , though it is still waterlogged , i took of the LCD screen to see if it was under that that may be wet but its inside the actual screen , how can i fix this , as when it is switched on the screen light flickers now and then , and you can still see everything , but its the watermarks that bug me ????
    03-21-14 06:46 PM
    Have you submerged the phone in dry rice for a few days? I wouldn't be using it at all. Put it in a bog of rice and totally cover it. Let it sit. Maybe some of the moisture will be sucked dry and in a few days you can try to put it back together and use it.
    anon(3732391) and kellbell123 like this.
    03-21-14 07:06 PM
    Overnight isn't long enough.. in order to dry it out properly you should leave the back off, battery out and prop it so it sits on an angle for at least 3 or 4 days.. maybe a week.. you'll likely always have some staining, but it should be much better.

Avoid the rice at this point, the water is already inside the screen, the rice will dry it too quickly rather then have it seep down and out.. it'll increase the mineral stains that will remain under the glass.
    anon(3732391) and kellbell123 like this.
    03-21-14 07:06 PM
    so if i leave the battery out and back off and leave it sitting at an angle for a few days should maybee help ? , if not im thinking of just replacing the whole screen , cannot use the rice anyway as i do not buy it due to allergy to the rice , Thankyou for your advice )
    03-21-14 07:14 PM
    Well, a quick fix would be to add more water so there aren't any bubbles.

And, silly's good! Just pour water on someone else device next time, instead!

The Flickering light is NOT a good sign. Enough moisture will kill your device closer to now, than then!
    Your device is a precision instrument and I wouldn't advise taking it apart..

Go to a place where they repair mobile devices. Chances are if you have the screen off already they may do you a favor.
    Worst case, you'll have to replace the screen or learn to love the watermarks!

And you can show off your BlackBerry as "uniquely yours!"
    03-21-14 07:16 PM
    so if i leave the battery out and back off and leave it sitting at an angle for a few days should maybee help ? , if not im thinking of just replacing the whole screen , cannot use the rice anyway as i do not buy it due to allergy to the rice , Thankyou for your advice )
    Yes, leaving it dry longer should help. At the end if you still aren't happy with the results you could always change the screen. It's not that hard to do and a screen for the 9300 shouldn't be that expensive on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:22 PM
    Well, a quick fix would be to add more water so there aren't any bubbles.

The Flickering light is NOT a good sign. Enough moisture will kill your device closer to now, than then!
    Your device is a precision instrument and I wouldn't advise taking it apart..

Go to a place where they repair mobile devices. Chances are if you have the screen off already they may do you a favor.
    Worst case, you'll have to replace the screen or learn to love the watermarks!
    I really hope this is a joke..

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:23 PM
    I really hope this is a joke..

Posted via CB10
    You should know me by now. Someone's gotta add a bit of comic relief
    Humor is the best medicine. There's nothing wrong with trying to lighten a situation like this.
    Read it again. There's also some good advice.

By the way, would you suggest white or brown rice?
    03-21-14 07:35 PM
    You should know me by now. Someone's gotta add a bit of comic relief
    Humor is the best medicine. There's nothing wrong with trying to lighten a situation like this.
    Read it again. There's also some good advice.

By the way, would you suggest white or brown rice?
    No wild brown rice is best. :-) it's a lot healthier.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:27 PM
    Actually, silica gel is a much better desiccant (moisture remover) than rice, though rice does work okay. The "crystal" cat litter is just silica gel, and will do the job great.
    03-21-14 11:05 PM
    Put the LCD inside a ziplock bag, leave it alone for a day and the water marks will magically disappear.

I did it with an iPhone 5 with the same problem

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:45 PM
    Actually, silica gel is a much better desiccant (moisture remover) than rice, though rice does work okay. The "crystal" cat litter is just silica gel, and will do the job great.
    Used or fresh??

Put the LCD inside a ziplock bag, leave it alone for a day and the water marks will magically disappear.

I did it with an iPhone 5 with the same problem

Posted via CB10

I'd take an extra precaution, being this is a BlackBerry and wave a wand over the bag as well!

WOW. This is cool! A few more posts with more home remedies and we can start a cook book of sorts!
    I remember, as a kid, chicken soup cured everything and duct tape fixed anything!

Last edited by Lostboy5151; 03-22-14 at 01:37 AM.
    03-22-14 01:25 AM
    KellBell,
    I do kid in fun... but it would be interesting to know what you ended up trying and the end result!
    Would you keep us posted?
    03-22-14 01:41 AM
    LOL

I work fixing phones, is simple, putting the LCD in plastic bag just speed up the evaporation process, it worked with an iPhone 5S screen that I consider more fragile than one of a blackberry. (before Z10 and Z30 and Q10)

Give it a try and tell us what happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:10 PM
    LOL

I work fixing phones, is simple, putting the LCD in plastic bag just speed up the evaporation process, it worked with an iPhone 5S screen that I consider more fragile than one of a blackberry. (before Z10 and Z30 and Q10)

Give it a try and tell us what happen.

Posted via CB10
    Good profession.. fixing phones. Whatdaya charge to put an LCD in a plactic bag? LOL
    03-26-14 01:35 AM
    Good profession.. fixing phones. Whatdaya charge to put an LCD in a plactic bag? LOL
    In that case you only have to pay for the bag

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-26-14 07:03 AM
    I'm really hoping the OP get's back to us on the fix.

My money's on the quick fix.... adding more water to eliminate the bubbles!
    03-30-14 04:22 AM
    I'm really hoping the OP get's back to us on the fix.

My money's on the quick fix.... adding more water to eliminate the bubbles!

I'm right again!
    It's uncanny how I'm always right.

But, for anyone whose counting.... I would have gone for the plastic baggy as my second choice. If for no other reason then to put it over my head if none of the other home remedies worked!
    04-07-14 11:12 PM
    I'm right again!
    It's uncanny how I'm always right.

But, for anyone whose counting.... I would have gone for the plastic baggy as my second choice. If for no other reason then to put it over my head if none of the other home remedies worked!
    LMFAO! Maybe you tried with a cheapy bag XD

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:57 PM