Water resistant phone like xperia z2 and e ink screen at the back of the phone like yota phone. The screen cost is very cheap but useful for enterprise customer and reg. Customer alike. Entrp. Customer like map drawing idea e sign etc the possibility is endless. Reg cust. Notification display, map reading book put picture etc...please
    Please if water resistant is expensive put e ink at the back of the phone....

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:08 AM
    I think a lot of people would like the water resistant device.
    03-02-14 10:09 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:17 PM
    Agreed, BlackBerry phones should be water (and coffee) proof.
    03-02-14 07:20 PM
    The Yota Z2

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:27 PM
    I think a Blackberry with a e-ink screen would be a potential solution for me, because I use my phone outside very much so that e-ink can afford my needs. Also, I only want to use phones to keep in touch with friends (via Facebook Messenger, Instant messaging, SMS, calls) and receive emails quickly so that a black-white screen isn't too bad comparing to colour screen. And at last, the battery of that phone will become a beast, which helps the phone lasts for weeks...
    05-14-15 08:25 AM
    e-ink has potential to be a solution in the next couple iterations. It's still very slow in touch response and not many people will want to go backwards from where we are now.
    05-16-15 08:24 PM
    I posted an idea for a slightly larger screened Q10 with an eink screen.

Typing on an eink screen is awful. I'm just wondering if einks refresh fast enough to actually replace a phone screen.
    05-16-15 08:35 PM
    Gone are the days of BlackBerry releasing a billion types of phone but I think a real spared down e-ink device could be great. I actually thought this yesterday when I realised I hadn't opened a single app, using the hub the entire day. Yes, granted, it won't happen but a BlackBerry with an e-ink screen and only the hub (maybe with some sort of calendar app linked off to it) would be a superb device for people who are just about using their BlackBerry for communication only.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 01:53 AM
    [QUOTE=donmateo;10075097]Agreed, BlackBerry phones should be water (and coffee) proof. [/QUOTE

Agreed..

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-20-15 01:55 AM
    Gone are the days of BlackBerry releasing a billion types of phone but I think a real spared down e-ink device could be great. I actually thought this yesterday when I realised I hadn't opened a single app, using the hub the entire day. Yes, granted, it won't happen but a BlackBerry with an e-ink screen and only the hub (maybe with some sort of calendar app linked off to it) would be a superb device for people who are just about using their BlackBerry for communication only.

Posted via CB10
    Completely agree... As I see, more people return to using phones for basic needs - communication. For entertainment, they have many choices rather than a 5"-7" touch screen: a PC, a laptop, a tablet, a console,...
    05-20-15 08:41 AM