Do the screen works but its quite blurry.

I think this is due to water vapour getting in somehow.

How do I clena the screen for the blackberry 9000?
    04-19-12 02:54 PM
    04-19-12 02:57 PM
    leave it in direct sunlight for a couple days
    thats how i got my screen to dry out
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-19-12 02:58 PM
    Fubaz is correct. I had to do the same thing a long time ago, and it worked.

I would advise propping it up vertically or sideways, to allow the moisture to escape from the seams on the sides or top.

leaving it sitting on it's back will cause the moisture to accumulate on the back of the screen before dissipating.
    It WILL dry out, but you may get remaining water spots on the back of the screen.

Similar to the water spots left on a glass after using the dishwasher. lol.
    04-19-12 03:07 PM
    Just to add, I would normally recommend the bowl of rice thing, but it sounds like slight condensation from being in a pocket while sweating or a quick change in temperature like what happens on a camera lens, not actual water damage.
    04-19-12 03:11 PM
    I never dropped this in water... I think water was accumulated when I left the phone in the bathroom
    04-19-12 03:16 PM
    I had my Style in a foot of water twice... I pulled out the battery, stuck it in a bag of rice over my heater vent for a day...

Worked great...
    04-19-12 04:46 PM
    *sigh* why are people still recommending rice to dry out a phone?

unless you put the rice in boiling water it is terrible at absorbing moisture. plus it will leave rice particles in your device that will become food for bacteria and other nasties.

if you want to dry out your device then go to an electronics store and get some dissicant silica gel.

this is the same stuff you find in every box that contains an electronic device. it looks like a small pack of salt.

just place a pack or two in a sealed ziplock bag with your phone for a day or so and you'll be fine.

oh and remove battery and place it in a dry place while your phone is
    drying.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    04-19-12 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD