I think I might have turned the water damage sticker pink by cleaning my phone. I have 8130 pearl, and in side the battery compartment on the bottom there's the white sticker, so I am guessing that is one of the indicator.

Well I have an OCD thing about keeping my phone clean and I use alcohol wipes to clean my phone, i clean the area on the back of the phone that the battery door covers, so I am guess I hit that sticker one time.

Well it didn't turn it completely pink, just part of it, so my concern is now that If I need to warranty out my phone, or use insurance will that pose a problem?

I am guessing that VZW may not believe that I was just cleaning my phone.
    06-05-09 12:23 PM
    I don't know about warranty but the best answer for insurance- you lost it. Plain and simple, they can't prove anyting if they don't have something to look at.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 12:29 PM
    There's more than 1 water damage sticker..they are all over the device.. removing the back battery cover should expose 2-3 (depending on model)..

then there's some inside the device hidden.. They can tell if you did or did not drop it in water.
    06-05-09 12:30 PM
    My experience has been that if the sticker is pink then they assume it has water damage and nothing is covered. A friend of mine is a painter and his turned wet after the phone was just on his belt (from sweat). There was a non-related issue and he took the phone in and Verizon wouldn't cover it under the warranty because the sticker was pink. The tech admitted that it could have turned pink without actually being in the water.
    06-05-09 12:30 PM
    You really shouldn't have any worries, The techs know what they are looking for when it comes the a water damaged phone, just rubbing a wipe across the white strip doesn't constitute full blown dropping your BB in the drink or toilet, I think there is another strip inside the phone you can't see, that may be the one they really look for. I haven't cleaned this BB with an alcohol wipe, but on my first one I did including inside and out and there was never any concern with Sprint when it was time to replace the unit due to broken screen, not working etc.
    06-05-09 12:32 PM
    Yes, but it wont turn the indicators that are inside the shell pink.. ultimately there's more than 1 sticker.. remove the cover theres one.. remove the battery there's another one.

open the device up and you'll see 3-4 more..if it's been submerged in water, all of them will be pink.. you can plead this case and you'll win, trust me.
    06-05-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD