Hey does anyone know how to get the "RED Strip back to white" ?I had some moisture but successfully dried out using the rice technique..works like new but now if something happened I would have to take in they would see the "RED STRIPe inside...Curious what to do???White out or paint???LOL Don't like like having the red stripe!Thanx
    09-08-09 10:31 AM
    First of all, the red stripe is there to stay. Not much you can do about it.

Second, the red stripe is just a quick reference. Any good tech can tell it's been in water just by looking at the board. It's not difficult.
    09-08-09 10:32 AM
    The moisture indicator is actually inside the BB where you can not access it. Best bet is to just play dumb, BUT to be prepared for them to catch you. Or get the insurance.
    09-08-09 10:36 AM
    If I understand correctly, a Red Stripe with clearly defined edges mean no moisture has been detected. If it does react, the Red colour bleeds into the White background leaving a fuzzy edge or solid Pink.
    09-08-09 10:36 AM
    You could just replace the strip with an exacto knife from another BB. But
    you'd be wasting your time because there is a water damage indicator inside
    the phone itself.
    09-08-09 01:20 PM
    Hey does anyone know how to get the "RED Strip back to white" ?I had some moisture but successfully dried out using the rice technique..works like new but now if something happened I would have to take in they would see the "RED STRIPe inside...Curious what to do???White out or paint???LOL Don't like like having the red stripe!Thanx
    In my opinion, what you want to do is completely dishonest. If it had moisture damage, doesn't matter if it works now or not. As a brand new poster on these boards, one might even guess that you want to cover it up to resell as a new or just slightly used device. Those indicators are there for a reason. Kind of makes me wish we had BBFAX, like Carfax for bb's. A wrecked car is still a wrecked car, no matter how good you fix it back up.

Don't like having the red stripe? Don't get it wet.
    09-08-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD