What happened to that?

I think the slider is horribly ugly!
    07-29-10 09:28 PM
    No one knows.

though I personally like the 9800

the ONLY way I would want to see a Treo Like BB would be if it was the 9000 form factor or slight larger.
    touch would suck on the 9700,
    07-29-10 09:37 PM
    exactly, 9000 bold would be perfect for that! certainly not the 9700!
    07-29-10 11:50 PM
    At one point and time, there was a device code-named Magnum, that was supposed to be like the 8800 with touch-screen. I think people were hoping it would become a 9000 with touch screen. The Magnum got scrapped over a year ago.
    08-02-10 09:33 AM
    It's still floating around out there. Code name Dakota. Last rumor was that it will be a new Curve line though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 11:32 AM
    You know, I was trying to find a funny thing to say in this thread and then realized one thing in my searches... Just like Zoolander, pretty much each and every BB made looks the same.

If RIM used Zoolander poses for the codenames, this would be a good example of what each different BB would look like.
    08-02-10 11:50 AM
    Civic you got to be up for an upgrade by now why don't you just use it and get something else and stop all this negativity
    08-02-10 12:02 PM
    It's still floating around out there. Code name Dakota. Last rumor was that it will be a new Curve line though.

What we thought would be the Dakota has turned out to be the Onyx Delta/Onyx II nka 9780 . . . but it ended up not having a touch screen. Or at least as far as we know (and we don't know all that much), it won't.
    08-02-10 12:07 PM
    I like the slider idea, but for some reason i find myself wanting the flip thing they are working on.
    08-02-10 03:27 PM
    you know, i was trying to find a funny thing to say in this thread and then realized one thing in my searches... Just like zoolander, pretty much each and every bb made looks the same. :d

if rim used zoolander poses for the codenames, this would be a good example of what each different bb would look like.
    bwwwwaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roflmbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-02-10 11:16 PM
    It was the magnum! Would have been a sick phone if they didn't scrap it

08-03-10 01:41 AM
    It was the magnum! Would have been a sick phone if they didn't scrap it

I totally agree!!
    08-03-10 09:28 AM
    I totally agree!!
    Add me to that list.

BTW, your signature indicates the Magnum is a prototype. I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. Care to point me in the direction of some news?
    08-03-10 09:34 PM
    I was hoping RIM would have announced a non slider touch screen with full physical qwerty today in addition to the 9800. It would have been an extreme surprise to everyone...instead of all of us already knowing full well what the press release really was about.
    I'm still holding out for the magnum though. Give me a bold 9000 with a touchscreen and I'll be first to order it.
    08-04-10 01:57 AM
    Add me to that list.

BTW, your signature indicates the Magnum is a prototype. I haven't heard anything about it in a long time. Care to point me in the direction of some news?
    My signature is kinda old. I remember I changed it when I saw a video of the then Magnum being fondled by a techie on some blog.
    08-04-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD