Dear gentlemen and fine ladies,

it has been a long time, since I contributed at this very board. On January I bought myself a BlackBerry Passport and since then I am a happy camper and sadly didn't wrote here. I don't know why. I guess I am fully satisfied.

Now, decided to delete my Facebook account. I asked myself which benefit I have being an "unpaid content provider". Day 3 now without it and it works very well.

I was then thinking about quitting Whatsapp. because I just don't like it. I read many comments on an article at CB one year ago. Many pro's and cons at WhatApp.

But then I read a powerful comment from a male. It had this tone of: If people want to reach me, they can send me a SMS, eMail, call or BBM me! Period!

I don't care if the masses are on WhatApp! I don't follow the tribe. Actually I do what I like! And I love that attitude.

I tried that 3 times in 2 years. Everytime I got back! But this time, I am 100% sure. No Facebook or Whatsapp. If someone will reach me, they will do it my way

MEN GOING THEIR OWN WAY! And you know what? I like it!

So what is the state of BBM cross-plattform? On that article I read that sometimes you don't get notifications on iOS. But that was 8 months ago!

Any actual states of BBM cross plattform??? I am about to delete my WhatsApp account as of right now!

Bless you guys! Keep BB strong!
    Andy_bb_king and MarsupilamiX like this.
    06-08-15 01:20 PM
    Guess it depends on how many of your friends have bbm installed

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    Donvald and menshawy like this.
    06-08-15 01:26 PM
    One thing I could say about BBM is the Group feature is awesome. It keeps our family members from all over the world stay connected. It enables my wife and I to keep our grocery lists and recipes, in order.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-08-15 01:31 PM
    You seem to have already made up your mind about whatsapp. Its just high time some people see things from another perspective. I know some old blackberry loyalist have bashed whatsapp since its very inception. For me i'll advice you not to delete it yet. Its a very good app and doesn't pale in comparison to bbm at all. Its one of the few apps that has been consistently updated to keep up with blackberry10.
    devin266 and Donvald like this.
    06-08-15 01:34 PM
    As always, thanks for your quick replies.

Well, to be honest, the chances are low that I get more users on BBM than WhatsApp.

It is decision time. Thankfully I am not a hype guy, wanting all apps. BlackBerry offers me everything I got out of the box. Sure, Whatsapp and Facebook are fun tools.

But a) I don't benefit from Facebook. I don't hate it either. I just like the fact, saying "no, thanks!". I really have no desrie anymore.

b) I don't like Whatsapp. Period. They were always good to blackberry and I won't forget that! But I just don't like it! I like being minimalistic. I don't tons of apps.

I have my BB for eMails, SMS, calls, photos, music web, business and BBM! Period. It just fits perfectly. Let us see. But I am 100% sure to switch to BBM!
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-08-15 01:39 PM
    You seem to have already made up your mind about whatsapp. Its just high time some people see things from another perspective. I know some old blackberry loyalist have bashed whatsapp since its very inception. For me i'll advice you not to delete it yet. Its a very good app and doesn't pale in comparison to bbm at all. Its one of the few apps that has been consistently updated to keep up with blackberry10.
    Great answer.

I just like to reduce the "noise". I am not willing to jump on every bandwaggon, although Whatsapp has been a good app. But I want to control who contacts me. Or let's say, reduce the surprises.

Maybe it's age. But I am a critical thinker. I love using options who fits my needs.

With facebook and Whatsapp, it was always something I wasn't 100% fine with it! Now, I just feel better without. People still can contact me. if they don't want or if they are too lazy, then let it be, right?

I just love making decisions and using my options. Not willing to party everywhere.
    SurajBH and heydahling like this.
    06-08-15 01:44 PM
    I prefer BBM over whatsapp because I don't like people who I just met ask for my phone number. I can give them my Pin. If things doesn't work out I can delete or block that person.

My sister deleted whatapp when she found out it cost a dollar after the first year.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 04:33 PM
    There is nothing wrong in having both as an option to communicate. Most of my friends use WhatsApp despite asking them to download BBM...so I am being accomodating!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:36 PM
    Shouldn't you be asking your friends and family?
    06-08-15 05:49 PM
    I do not know anyone on BBM or What's app either. All are with Apple except one Android Hangout guy. I just stick with free SMS.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:53 PM

it has been a long time, since I contributed at this very board. On January I bought myself a BlackBerry Passport and since then I am a happy camper and sadly didn't wrote here. I don't know why. I guess I am fully satisfied.

Now, decided to delete my Facebook account. I asked myself which benefit I have being an "unpaid content provider". Day 3 now without it and it works very well.

I was then thinking about quitting Whatsapp. because I just don't like it. I read many comments on an article at CB one year ago. Many pro's and cons at WhatApp.

But then I read a powerful comment from a male. It had this tone of: If people want to reach me, they can send me a SMS, eMail, call or BBM me! Period!

I don't care if the masses are on WhatApp! I don't follow the tribe. Actually I do what I like! And I love that attitude.

I tried that 3 times in 2 years. Everytime I got back! But this time, I am 100% sure. No Facebook or Whatsapp. If someone will reach me, they will do it my way

So what is the state of BBM cross-plattform? On that article I read that sometimes you don't get notifications on iOS. But that was 8 months ago!

Any actual states of BBM cross plattform??? I am about to delete my WhatsApp account as of right now!

Regarding BBM, I wrote this in another thread and stand by it to this day...

I'm stubborn and when I got my BlackBerry and BBM went cross-platform anyone that sent me a text would receive the default "add me to BBM" message with my pin. They'd send another SMS and get the same response. And again and again. Anybody contacting me knows that they will not get a hold of me unless they call or BBM me. Went from 0-30+ contacts pretty fast.

Most of them actually enjoy BBM and have asked me why BBM does not link with phone numbers in their contacts and my answer is of course the added layer of security which I prefer. If I meet somebody at a bar/club and they want to continue talking with me I give them my BBM PIN. Call me a BlackBerry fanboy, but I have admittedly become one and don't hide it one bit. Just my contributions to BlackBerry here in the good old US!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 06:50 PM
    BBM remains my messaging system of choice. All my family are on the page. SMS is fine for those not on BBM. I have no contacts who have asked to use Whatsapp so the app is not missed here.

C000C6078 Bits for links to world news and views, technology and science postings.
    thymaster likes this.
    06-08-15 07:12 PM
    Its a very good app and doesn't pale in comparison to bbm at all.
    But despite "Zuckerberg's Zillions", it is not long ago that Whatsapp finally got read confirmation that BBM has had for years and it is still lacking many of BBMs cool features.

BB, Still the One
    06-08-15 07:35 PM

I don't get delivered and read receipts reliably from my son's iPhone 6, but the Android version on another son's GS5 works very reliably. I know the messages are delivered and read, because I'll BBM him to take out the trash, and even though it says it doesn't get delivered, he is down shortly afterwards and I ask if he got the message and he confirms he did. Have same issues with other business contacts on iPhone. So still not sold on the iOS version of BBM.

I've never used WhatsApp. I am getting more people using Facebook Messaging to reach me from my rugby club.

Posted via Z30
    06-08-15 07:50 PM
    No BBM for me, WhatsApp will do just fine, especially when most of my contacts are overseas.
    06-08-15 08:22 PM
    I know more people who use Kik than BBM and Whatsapp combined, but I prefer regular old SMS anyway. These apps are for when you don't have an activated phone and can only use data over WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:12 PM
    Not only that I find BBM is more fluid on all 4 platform then whatsapp.

But despite "Zuckerberg's Zillions", it is not long ago that Whatsapp finally got read confirmation that BBM has had for years and it is still lacking many of BBMs cool features.

BB, Still the One
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-09-15 01:44 AM
    I have stopped telling people what they ought to use. Instead I am available wherever people want me to be. SMS, BBM, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Skype? Anything is fine. After all having a BlackBerry you have to be accessible on whatever works as a communication tool.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 01:56 AM
    I have only 2 contacts on my BBM ( wife and daughter) and a group chat.
    I think it's difficult to convince people to install BBM and show them the advantages. I only can tell them that it's more secure and use pin instead of phonenumber. But most Android or iPhone users don't care about security.
    If almost everyone on my contact list would use BBM, in would instantly remove WhatsApp.

Posted via my awesome Classic
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-09-15 02:14 AM
    I have stopped telling people what they ought to use. Instead I am available wherever people want me to be. SMS, BBM, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Skype? Anything is fine. After all having a BlackBerry you have to be accessible on whatever works as a communication tool.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 02:28 AM
    Dnt delete whatsapp...text everone in whatsapp to join BBM
    And dont reply to anybody whoever texts u anything, just kp sending "add me in BBM for replies"

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.680
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    06-09-15 02:53 AM
    BBM is a better messenger for me than anything else. The only draw back is the fact that many of my friends are not using it. Even when they installed it, they had to remove it either because they couldn't find contacts -by default as other IM does- or because of UI complicity in compare to e.g. WhatsApp or Viber.

If BBM could have met people's standards/expectations specially in terms of finding friends in more accurate way. relying on email is bad idea in reality but good idea in an ideal world where every person is using just one email and sticking to it. But reality is average person now has 3 emails. While the average person has one phone number, which is more accurate way to find contacts. I know many of you have 'concerns' but that's another discussion
    06-09-15 02:54 AM
    I have stopped telling people what they ought to use.
    This is pretty much where I am. When BBM first went cross-platform, I urged many of my contacts to install it, and they did so. There were lots of problems, especially on iPhones. They stopped using it, and most switched to WhatsApp. I'm not about to beg them to give BBM another chance. So, at this time, I almost never use BBM.

As for Facebook, I seldom go there and look at my News Feed, etc., but there are some people who prefer to contact me via Messenger, and that's fine with me. I haven't used Google Talk/Hangouts in a couple of years.

If BlackBerry wants more people to use BBM, it's up to them to persuade them. I'm not about to join some kind of grassroots movement to get people to switch messaging apps.
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-09-15 07:37 AM
    This is pretty much where I am. When BBM first went cross-platform, I urged many of my contacts to install it, and they did so. There were lots of problems, especially on iPhones. They stopped using it, and most switched to WhatsApp. I'm not about to beg them to give BBM another chance. So, at this time, I almost never use BBM.
    Yep. The same situation here. I still have a few contacts on BBM and they like to use it to stay in touch with me mainly because they have been my contacts since the legacy days.

Even with FB, I'm there only because some people message me on that and it is ok with me though I did try to push them initially to use BBM but after sometime just gave up.

There is only this much we can do, if BlackBerry wants BBM to earn them money then they have to make sure that the users we bring in, don't delete it after sometime. We have done our bit.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:55 AM
    A messenger is useless if people don't use it, no matter how good it is. I use Whatsapp because my acquaintances use it.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:16 AM
32 12