I'm not on a contract at the moment but I have a good plan with Rogers so I phoned to find out some details.

Rep said yes I can convert my existing plan to be same as I have now, but it will become a 3yr contract.

Phone will be locked to Rogers for 3yrs, she said that's how they give the discount.

As I'll be locked in i asked about warranty, she said that I can take out a warranty with BlackBerry, not through the carrier. So this is good as I liked the Playbooks warranty through Rim, the RMA process they provide is excellent.
    01-30-13 01:11 PM
    Now that it's been out for a few days in UK, anyone have any details about an extended protection plan from BlackBerry? I assume if they are offering a UK plan we'll get similar.

Or even, how long is the standard warranty?
    02-03-13 01:20 PM
    I am interested in this as well. Does it cover things like broken screens and broken usb ports that are at fault of owner and not a defect.
    02-03-13 02:03 PM
    I bought it sim-free and it doesn't saying anything all in the booklet that it's covered with warranty. Well it says something about warranty but nothing specific like "1 year" or "2 years warranty". Aren't electronic devices have that "manufacture warranty" stated in their booklet sometimes?
    02-14-13 11:51 AM
    Yeah usually BlackBerry has a 1 year warranty. It would be interesting to know what's up with this.
    02-14-13 04:09 PM
    Actually your locked to Rogers forever unless you pay them $50 to unlock a phone that n longer belongs to them. They're called Robbers to good reason. Make sure u go to cell un locker or another site to unlock YOUR phone any time you are for a lot less money.
    04-20-13 02:59 AM
    With rogers specifically, if anything goes wrong (other than a cracked screen, or water damage) you are given a refurbished phone for a $30 dollar fee(mail you a refurbished phone in 2-4 days) or you can send it in for repair( its free- & usually take 2 weeks according the operator i spoke with).

I actually jumped in a jacuzzi with my z10 when I was on vacation, and it would no longer boot after that. Luckily the water damage sticker didnt turn red so I just called it in and said it wouldnt boot up. In the end they sent me my replacement device (30bux) and I didnt get billed for the water damaged phone luckily.

This warranty only applies to rogers and providers such as bell and telus only allow you to send the phone in for repair and don't offer you the choice of choosing the option of a refurbished phone.
    04-20-13 04:23 AM