My whole thing is, why go through all the coding nights of creating and enabling an android runtime on blackberry and yet not use your innovation to its fullest potential. You innovate to make life easy as well as utilize the full potential of what you have created not to limit it's potential. If an app is just a click away for someone on apple and samsung and co, why use cords and pc's on a blackberry? Why! Why! Why!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-14-14 08:59 PM
    I think you may be a little confused. My post was in regards to people saying that Microsoft is going to bring Android apps to WP and how it really doesn't need it that much. They have the ecosystem to properly attract developers, which is something Blackberry doesn't have. Frankly, I'm not the expert on Blackberry so I'm not sure they could've done anything else besides make the Android Runtime (although I'll admit, until I understood what that meant, I looked down on Blackberry and thought it was just some Android malware garbage and that they didn't care about security, but now I understand what just having the runtime means) since they don't have the ecosystem or userbase for BB10 to get apps.

Frankly, I'm confused as to why BB NEEDS these apps. Everytime I get on here, people talk about how their Blackberries are "great communication tools to get the job done" (BTW, that's really vague and I don't understand how one device with a phone/text messaging app can be better at a job than another, but that's beside the point) so why would it NEED these apps? To sell to the average consumer? For what? Blackberry apparently is purely enterprise focused, why does it need to appeal to consumers? Frankly, since everyone here says stuff like "I don't need apps", I don't see why Blackberry is messing with this. Just having Android ruins their reputation for security.

That's my $0.02.
    Sorry I didn't mean to come off rude or in a a bad tone or anything, I was definitely a little confused, and completely agree about Microsoft not needing android apps, they have the money and power to attract developers as WP has shown.

I was just asking as I honestly want to know what people think BlackBerry could really do to get apps? As its a what came first the chicken or the egg situation.

And IMHO even if BlackBerry is focused on enterprise but not solely focused on only there enterprise section, they know they will eventually need consumers to also survive in a cut throat industry.

A lot of the people here who say "I don't need apps" either don't, or are just trying to justify there purchase. Another thing I think, is you can't really have a smartphone for enterprise with no apps at all, especially if enterprise is heading in a Boyd direction and employees being consumers what apps. BlackBerry is experiencing the problems with this now but is focused on addressing it with BES10 etc.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    02-14-14 09:38 PM
    My whole thing is, why go through all the coding nights of creating and enabling an android runtime on blackberry and yet not use your innovation to its fullest potential. You innovate to make life easy as well as utilize the full potential of what you have created not to limit it's potential. If an app is just a click away for someone on apple and samsung and co, why use cords and pc's on a blackberry? Why! Why! Why!
    I think the runtime is somewhat of a grey area for BBRY. I think it (BBRY) has been careful in its presentation for a couple of reasons (SDTRMG has mentioned some reasonable ones).

I think the runtime is a dangerous strategy overall though.
    02-14-14 10:35 PM
    Some people on here thinks when we say blackberry is a enterprise focused company it means these guys don't need apps. Apparently they do. There are apps out there that help very well in what they do, so not having a massive app store is very detrimental to blackberry's survival.
    kbz1960 and mornhavon like this.
    02-14-14 11:02 PM
    Some people on here thinks when we say blackberry is a enterprise focused company it means these guys don't need apps. Apparently they do. There are apps out there that help very well in what they do, so not having a massive app store is very detrimental to blackberry's survival.
    I don't disagree.
    02-14-14 11:08 PM
30 12