So I just read through this thread while eating popcorn, talking on the phone, and drinking a coffee with sweetener.

Does that mean I'm going to die soon?
    09-22-09 05:24 PM
    all phones put out radiation, most people text now adays anyway or use a bluetooth were all good
    09-22-09 05:26 PM
    Hey to those of you who said iphone can't MMS, my carrier told me blackberry is incapable of MMS, I do it all the time but they can't get theirs to work lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 10:23 PM
    That is why when ever I sit down at my desk I take my BB out of its holster and put it in front of me on my desk.

It has become habit to grab it before I leave my desk so I never forget it
    09-24-09 10:29 PM
    i've been noticing ive been getting a lot of headaches lately after a year of use with my blackberry
    09-25-09 04:01 PM
    The crazy people of the world have been saying this about all cell phones for years. GIVE IT A BREAK. This is another way that people are attempting to put fear of everything into each other.

I'll die from old age and other ridiculous things like cirrhosis, being shot, being hit by a car, being attacked by a pack of wolves or even better - a BEAR, my cat slashing my throat while sleeping, etc etc.
    09-27-09 10:05 AM
    big deal. cancer or not. im going down with my blackberry
    09-27-09 12:16 PM
    i've been noticing ive been getting a lot of headaches lately after a year of use with my blackberry
    Have u tried to put it down for one nano-second?
    09-27-09 12:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me why the Storm has such a low SAR rating and other BB don't? It would seem that if they are able to make one device with a low SAR rating then they would make them all that way. If anyone has answer please let me know and please save the attemps at humor & sarcasm.
    09-30-09 10:36 PM
    Been contemplating upgrading to a newer BB next year anyway.... ;-)
    10-01-09 04:33 PM
    Can anyone tell me why the Storm has such a low SAR rating and other BB don't? It would seem that if they are able to make one device with a low SAR rating then they would make them all that way. If anyone has answer please let me know and please save the attemps at humor & sarcasm.
    Ok, I'm going to take a stab at this, not a good one, but a quick off the cuff guess. Could it possibly have something to do with the fact that a lot of the radiation gets reflected by the larger glass screen?
    10-01-09 04:57 PM
    Sheesh...how long until the "there's an iPhone app for that" guys create a magical radiation blocking/time shifting/earthquake and tsunami predicting app that allows mms and copy/past while multitasking?
    10-01-09 08:40 PM
    So I just read through this thread while eating popcorn, talking on the phone, and drinking a coffee with sweetener.

Does that mean I'm going to die soon?
    oh you're in deep **** now lol. Death clock set for tomorrow lol
    10-01-09 09:46 PM
    If you want to tempt death then do it right. Hold your cell phone (linked to brain cancer) with your shoulder and ear (rumored to cause strokes), while smoking a ciggarette (causes lung cancer), stand in front of the microwave (exposes you to radiation), and drink water from a plastic bottle that was left in a hot car (causes breast cancer) all at the same time!
    10-03-09 10:16 PM
    Well my phone not up there
    10-04-09 06:49 PM
    The crazy people of the world have been saying this about all cell phones for years. GIVE IT A BREAK. This is another way that people are attempting to put fear of everything into each other.

I'll die from old age and other ridiculous things like cirrhosis, being shot, being hit by a car, being attacked by a pack of wolves or even better - a BEAR, my cat slashing my throat while sleeping, etc etc.
    I agree - with all of these cancer/radiation horror stories that seem to come out every other day it's like the boy who cried wolf. Does anyone even listen to them any more? There's probably 10 other things (at least) in my home that will also give me cancer.
    10-04-09 07:28 PM
    Call me crazy, but I think I just felt some radiation running down my left temple and now my eye is twitching.

I better call my shaman or the FCC....
    10-04-09 07:51 PM
    i hope i dont get a brain tumor...
    10-04-09 10:02 PM
    Maybe the extra radiation will clear my mild case of melanoma.
    10-05-09 06:11 PM
    i heard about this. Oh well. lol
    10-05-09 09:50 PM
    We all have to die some day.
    10-06-09 08:49 AM
    As far as i know all BBs for some reason have really really high SAR
    10-07-09 05:21 AM
    This is a prime example of something called "junk science."

They're basing this off a guy who happened to get a brain tumor and happened to spend a lot of time using his cell phone. There's NO PROOF that the cell phone caused the brain tumor. And for that matter, ONE case does not equal a trend.

I'm not very old (only twenty-four) but I remember hearing about cell phones supposedly causing brain tumors back when I was in early high school; shortly later, it was disproven. It's like global warming; it's a scientific "fad" that comes and goes practically with the seasons.

I'd think you'd be more likely to die texting on your BlackBerry while driving than dying of a brain tumor caused by you using your BlackBerry a lot.
    Last edited by a_silent_song; 10-07-09 at 06:42 AM.
    10-07-09 06:40 AM
    So somebody will get burned for using there BB, thats great.
    10-07-09 07:09 AM
    I'd think you'd be more likely to die texting on your BlackBerry while driving than dying of a brain tumor caused by you using your BlackBerry a lot.
    I agree with that.
    Again, ALL of the phones radiation levels are BELOW government standards (for what that is worth.) Just because a certain phone is at the top of the SAR list doesn't mean that it is any more of a killer than one at the bottom of the list.
    10-07-09 10:22 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD