According to a just released study done by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), the BlackBerry Curve 8330 is #4 on a list of phones with the highest levels of radiation. The group says they tested radiation emissions of over 1000 phones marketed in the United States.

Click Here to Read full Story and then comment here on CB:

WARNING: BlackBerry #4 Highest Radiation Level | MobiMadness

Last edited by Daniel.Black; 09-09-09 at 04:53 PM.
    09-09-09 04:08 PM
    Maybe that's what's get everybody hooked on blackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 04:10 PM
    time to put on the tinfoil hats.

Hah..

"What is even more disturbing is that the darned Apple iPhone didn’t make the top 10. Now that would have been exciting."

Weird that they are calling it "HRE". It's technically called "SAR" for Specific Absorption Rate. All cell phones have a SAR rating by the FCC, which apparently is maxed at 1.66(or something very similar).
    Last edited by sniffs; 09-09-09 at 04:30 PM.
    09-09-09 04:27 PM

Hah..

"What is even more disturbing is that the darned Apple iPhone didn�t make the top 10. Now that would have been exciting."

Weird that they are calling it "HRE". It's technically called "SAR" for Specific Absorption Rate. All cell phones have a SAR rating by the FCC, which apparently is maxed at 1.66(or something very similar).
    I've got a great question for you...
    I wonder if you have the intellect to answer.

Before the age of 2, babies in Japan are given (4) that is, four vaccines
    compared to the US which gives 22-32 shots...

Do YOU know why?

BTW, your saying "tin fol hats" denotes you are ignorant and cannot refute
    information because you're inept.

Please answer...

If not, here Let me google that for you

This might help you
    09-09-09 04:50 PM
    lol that 10 year old looks very concerned in the photograph. But the unknowing blonde is very happy on her cell phone!

HANG UP BLONDE LADY!!!!! YOUR KILLING YOUR REMAINING BRAIN CELL!!!!
    09-09-09 04:50 PM

Do YOU know why?

Please answer...

This might help you
    Ha umm....your LMGTFY link doesn't answer the question. Furthermore, I have no idea how you linked supposed radiation from cell phones to infant vaccines, but hey you got me to reply, so I guess you are the smartest this time!
    09-09-09 04:55 PM
    I have updated the posting with a Sniff inspired solution. Thanks!
    09-09-09 04:55 PM

Do YOU know why?

Please answer...

This might help you
    Intellect? How does anything I said refer to my intellect? SAR/HRE is real, it does affect the brain. But it doesn't affect the brain anymore than eating Sweet-n-lo for 20 years which is also rumored to cause cancer. Coincidentally, popcorn is also rumored to cause cancer.

Do you realize that you'd have to have it strapped to your head for decades before you would develope a tumor? And even then, it's only when the device is using the CELLULAR RADIO. While the device isn't on a call, the cellular radio is barely being used, blipped on briefly here and there to deliver data.

Stop spouting your holier-than-thou additude and acting like you are some great diety.

People like you are the same morons that think they can feel the frequency's put off by Wifi, which is indisputably FALSE and made up by people that need attention.

What's next..you can feel the ULF given off by earthquakes?
    Last edited by sniffs; 09-09-09 at 05:29 PM.
    09-09-09 05:03 PM
    I can see this thread will become very interesting, very quickly.
    09-09-09 06:28 PM
    *sits with popcorn and blackberry to watch the outcome, despite bother "causing cancer"*

09-09-09 06:36 PM
    What's next..you can feel the ULF given off by earthquakes?
    Hahahaha. Now that would be something else.
    09-09-09 07:02 PM
    Meh, I smoke, visit (reaaly loud) concerts and nightclubs, i occasionally drink a lot and like popcorn.

When I get old(er) my Bold is going to be the least of my worries

BTW, nice hat sniff You should patent it and get RIM to bundle a tin foil hat kit with every 8330 and 9000
    09-09-09 07:03 PM
    i dont wanna diiee!
    09-09-09 07:58 PM
    If I accidently swallow an RFID tag, and my BlackBerry goes off while it's sitting on my hip, will my intestines explode and fly out of my nose?
    09-09-09 08:19 PM
    lol that 10 year old looks very concerned in the photograph. But the unknowing blonde is very happy on her cell phone!

HANG UP BLONDE LADY!!!!! YOUR KILLING YOUR REMAINING BRAIN CELL!!!!
    LOL! I enjoyed that!
    09-09-09 08:51 PM

Hah..

"What is even more disturbing is that the darned Apple iPhone didn�t make the top 10. Now that would have been exciting."

Not surprising. The iPhone can't even do MMS...
    09-10-09 12:11 AM
    What happened guys, lol the post content just changed from blackberry radiation to a person's intellect? Lol, saying that there are those small patches you can buy that supposedly reduces the phone radiation by up to 90%.
    and i hate i phones lol
    09-10-09 04:40 AM
    does a higher radiation level means at least a higher signal?
    09-10-09 05:37 AM
    So, then the question is, how much radiation does a bluetooth headset put out?

I almost never have my BB up to my head (I take notes during phone calls), but the bluetooth is attached instead.
    09-10-09 08:03 AM

Do YOU know why?

Please answer...

This might help you
    Because I'm lazy, I didn't Google the answer. I will tell you that their is absolutely no scientific link to vaccinations and autism, because I can already feel that is where you are going. The lack of immunizations is however linked to the increased death rate due to immunizable childhood illnesses. Keep it on topic, asshat.
    09-10-09 08:12 AM
    So, then the question is, how much radiation does a bluetooth headset put out?

I almost never have my BB up to my head (I take notes during phone calls), but the bluetooth is attached instead.
    While many earpiece devices actually emit lower levels of radiation than cell phones, the earpiece does put the source of power closer to your brain.

So it seems to be divided fairly equally between those who believe Bluetooth headsets are riskier than cell phones, and those who believe they are safer,

You can never win hey, lol.
    09-10-09 08:17 AM
    Because I'm lazy, I didn't Google the answer. I will tell you that their is absolutely no scientific link to vaccinations and autism, because I can already feel that is where you are going. The lack of immunizations is however linked to the increased death rate due to immunizable childhood illnesses. Keep it on topic, asshat.
    Has anyone seen that lady on the view Hasselback that is like crazy and they made fun of her on SNL? I could see her, after you saying this, being like "NO I read on the internet thats wrong, you're wrong, it says it on the internet and I printed it out, its the truth, you're wrong, these are the fact and the facts are true."
    LOL
    New season of SNL starts on the 26th
    09-10-09 08:26 AM
    Not surprising. The iPhone can't even do MMS...
    What are you talking about? who says it cant?
    09-10-09 09:55 AM
    Maybe that's what's get everybody hooked on blackberries

Great addition ROFLMFAO
    09-10-09 09:57 AM
    What are you talking about? who says it cant?
    Did I miss something? They didnt do an update that allows it to do that did they? Or am I just out of the loop?
    09-10-09 10:00 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD