According to wikipedia , 1.4 million are Emirati citizens and 7.8 million are expatriates, it means those 7.8 million needs SIP clients and free calling apps to connect with their families. And yes everyone know about VPN. It's not secret anymore.

Posted via CB10
    The 7.8 Mil know about SIP clients and all of them use free calling apps? Hahahaha.. Dude you're so funny.. Whats this Tech world where everyone is 100% knowledgeable about SIP clients and uses free calling apps?

The 7.8 Mil.. so 100%.. How did you know so, asked everyone of them?.. That's very God-like from you.. You crack me up..

Lets go crazy and assume they do.. WTF is wrong with that? Its not a crime.. They haven't BANNED VPNS FFS.. They said if you use them to commit a crime then you're fined and jailed.. catch my drift?
    07-31-16 01:07 PM
    I used a VPN and it didn't work.. So you didn't show me anything.. Go to one of these countries, use a VPN, make the free calls from whatsapp or any other app then show me, I'll believe you.. Actions, not words..
    Just because you couldn't make it work doesn't mean much.

I was talking about the free calls made from Apps connected to your sim cards and I clearly stated so over and over, if you misunderstood me then its not my problem..
    You moved the goalposts after the fact, but hey whatever dude.

Much Harder? Well that's your opinion.. I disagree and lets leave it there.. Your opinion, mine and we're hitting the Berlin wall here.. I'm not frothing at anything..
    If you think decrypting ESP encapsulated and encrypted traffic is as easy as capturing un-encrypted traffic then I won't try to lead you to enlightenment.

I'm telling you The average citizen can't do all what you're saying.. So their Gov hasn't blocked VPNs because of this...
    Never said they could.
    Are you trying to move the goal posts again?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-31-16 01:10 PM
    Just because you couldn't make it work doesn't mean much.

You moved the goalposts after the fact, but hey whatever dude.

If you think decrypting ESP encapsulated and encrypted traffic is as easy as capturing un-encrypted traffic then I won't try to lead you to enlightenment.

Never said they could.
    Are you trying to move the goal posts again?
    I didn't move any goalposts" this is my 2nd or 3rd reply to you.. and it clearly mentions whatsapp.. You just can't see anything xD:

"The Apps that have free calling disable the ability to use it.. Even if you use a VPN you won't be able to bypass it.. If the App doesn't disable it, the app won't be allowed to operate in the country.. I've been in countries that ban free calls, your account is linked with a phone number and so they easily know where you're.. For instance WhatsApp shows you a very nice message saying "Whatsapp Calling is unavailable in your country".. VPN all you want, won't change anything.."

and you didn't prove to me you can use a VPN and do the call.. Just words words words.. Prove it..

Yes you never said they could so what are we getting at.. Why the f*** do you refuse to discuss the main point of the Gov blocking the use of VPN for criminal activity.. What is the relation between this and the use of VPN to do free calls.. Whats the relation between this and telcos since its not illegal to try and bypass their ban by the use of VPN.
    07-31-16 01:14 PM
    I didn't move any goalposts" this is my 2nd or 3rd reply to you.. and it clearly mentions whatsapp.. You just can't see anything xD:

The Apps that have free calling disable the ability to use it.. Even if you use a VPN you won't be able to bypass it.. If the App doesn't disable it, the app won't be allowed to operate in the country.. I've been in countries that ban free calls, your account is linked with a phone number and so they easily know where you're.. For instance WhatsApp shows you a very nice message saying "Whatsapp Calling is unavailable in your country".. VPN all you want, won't change anything..

and you didn't prove to me you can use a VPN.. Just words words words.. Prove it..

Yes you never said they could so what are we getting at.. Why the f*** do you refuse to discuss the main point of the Gov blocking the use of VPN for criminal activity.. What is the relation between this and the use of VPN to do free calls.. Whats the relation between this and telcos since its not illegall to try and bypass their ban by the use of VPN.
    You first mentioned free calling apps and then you move the goalposts to Whatsapp.
    Whatsapp is a free calling app, but there are others that are not linked to your sim.
    I am going to stop now because you are obviously upset and unwilling to listen to reason.
    Have a good one dude.
    raino and DaFoxGrey like this.
    07-31-16 01:21 PM
    You first mentioned free calling apps and then you move the goalposts to Whatsapp.
    Whatsapp is a free calling app, but there are others that are not linked to your sim.
    I am going to stop now because you are obviously upset and unwilling to listen to reason.
    Have a good one dude.
    Free Calling and whatsapp was mentioned in the SAME POST.. SAME POST.. Are you blind hahahah.. Go back and check it.. Oh no here it is

WARNING for all travelers! UAE banned VPN!-screenshot_1.png

I never Talked about the Apps that weren't linked to a Sim card.. and this is why I mentioned sim cards over and over and told you its linked your number so it can't be done.. If you misunderstood then its no my problem.. My discussion was about the free calling apps like whatsapp thats linked to your phone number..

Again, what about the whole Gov thing not blocking the VPN.. Why not discuss that.. You can use a VPN to try to bypass the telcos ban and its not a crime.. You're good to go.. So what's your point xD.. You argue they've blocked it so people won't use VPNs to make free calls.. This is not illegal as they didn't block VPNs.. they said its illegal to use it to commit a crime.. VPN all you want, no crime = no problem.
    07-31-16 01:23 PM
    One less place to visit

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Darn, my flight was leaving in a few hours! (just kidding).
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-31-16 01:44 PM
    The reality is that it is not the use of VPN per se is the cause of the pan, it is the fear factor, which is the reason they are banning it. Especially, since the rulers of the tiny UAE, started Playing big politics in the region and as a result, they became destabilizing factor in the region. Now they are very very paranoid, that they might be a target of retaliation in kind.
    07-31-16 01:46 PM
    I spend five years working in UAE, and yes I saw SIP clients and free calling is very common there, because of expatriate. Again yes this is all about telecom business. Please educate yourself by reading these reports and articles.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/if-you-get-...545000-1572888

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/uae-bans...512832/‎

Reports suggest that the ban on VPN and proxy servers is a move to hand power to the UAE's top two telecommunications companies, Etislat and Du. Both have banned VoIP, the proxy service that allows users to make free phone calls using services like WhatsApp, further tightening the companies' hold on the country's telecoms market.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 02:07 PM
    This thread went nuts.

If AT&T and Verizon banned vpn/voip, Americans would go nuts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-31-16 02:41 PM
    This thread went nuts.

If AT&T and Verizon banned vpn/voip, Americans would go nuts.

No one banned anything.. You get fined and/or imprisoned if you use a VPN to commit cyber-crimes.. Nice and easy.. Lawful use of VPN is fine.

The president is the one who issued the law.. Tele companies have nothing to do with this, its just some conspiracy stuff from people here.. Law was issued to combat cyber-crimes.
    07-31-16 03:33 PM
    Oh. Thanks for clarifying. I should have read more.

Zero chance I'll ever visit the UAE this lifetime anyway.

07-31-16 04:22 PM
    Etisalat is 60 per cent owned by the UAE Government.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...tisalat-and-du

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 04:23 PM
    What kind of freedom of belief that you need a VPN for?..
    UAE places restrictions on online dissent - BBC News

A presidential decree says anyone who creates or runs a website or uses the internet to deride or damage the state or its institutions faces imprisonment. The institutions include the rulers and senior officials across the federation of seven semi-autonomous Gulf emirates.

Activists have criticised the move as an attempt to limit freedom of speech.
    But this must be OK to you, because it's just a part of the (rulers' and senior officials') traditions and beliefs? Civil humans looking to co-exist must not be critical of institutions amirite
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    07-31-16 06:24 PM
    As much as I would like to discuss/debate politics (and occasionally throw in my comments), you know no one can win these discussions. So try keeping to phone discussions although the politics of phone brands is never going to stop.
    DaFoxGrey, Superfly_FR and Sairos like this.
    07-31-16 06:32 PM
    As much as I would like to discuss/debate politics (and occasionally throw in my comments), you know no one can win these discussions. So try keeping to phone discussions although the politics of phone brands is never going to stop.
    Purely technical discussions didn't go well either.
    FF22 and DaFoxGrey like this.
    07-31-16 07:21 PM
    Why would anyone in their right mind go to the UAE or even transit through it? I fly across Asia at least twice a year and would never go that way. Crazy behaviour.
    07-31-16 07:57 PM
    Let's talk about bunnies!
    acovey likes this.
    07-31-16 07:58 PM
    Let's talk about bunnies!
    Playboy or Easter?
    07-31-16 09:13 PM
    Using VPN in the UAE? You'll Be Fined Up To $545,000 If Get Caught!

The law prohibits anyone, including travelers from using VPN/proxy. Online VoIP services are also banned.

Does this prohibition include BlackBerry services, such as BBM and BIS/BES services?!

Maybe it's time to consider which apps/phone are you (not) going to use if you are visiting UAE anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    SHOCKING................Old news in the Arab states..........
    08-01-16 07:16 AM
    Playboy or Easter?
    I think both are frowned upon there...
    FF22 and raino like this.
    08-01-16 09:48 AM
    UAE places restrictions on online dissent - BBC News

But this must be OK to you, because it's just a part of the (rulers' and senior officials') traditions and beliefs? Civil humans looking to co-exist must not be critical of institutions amirite
    NSA spies on US Citizens, I don't hear you talking.. Scolding the US Gov.. Or saying anything about civil, Liberty and BS.. Ever heard about a fella Called Edward Snowden?.. At least they don't have the almighty NSA haha.. I'm far more comfortable using the internet while traveling to any of these countries..

Their traditions and beliefs.. The people, the nation, as they're the same.. And certainly we shouldn't dis their country just because of their Gov...

People there have the BALLS to revolt on their Govs, We've seen how many revoltuions were done there.. How many people were killed.. They have the power, they choose to accept their rulers and Govs.. If they want, they can DO something about them.. Its their own bloody choice..

People around the world take them for granted.. Joke about them like they're living in the dark ages with no freedom.. This part of the world battled Imperialism, invasion and all sort of stuff.. As old-fashioned colonialists & imperialists killed millions in the name of "civilizing" primitive aborigines and backward natives.. Together with their neighbors in countries like Africa.. Now, They still have oppressing regimes.. but Oh no, I don't want to her about them being some sort of 2nd degree humans living with no freedom although they battled for the freedom since centuries..

You've no right to criticize other people, only they have the right to criticize their own.. Moreover, you're just sitting behind a keyboard, you don't live there or have any right to talk about such thing.. Every citizen should keep his nose into his own country.. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and in this world.. We're all living in Glass houses..

PS: I'm not amirite, just a guy who likes to know about all people and things.. And I'm critical, I called their Kings, the kings of doom.. But whatever.. Call me a bluffer xP
    Last edited by Sairos; 08-01-16 at 11:13 AM.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    08-01-16 10:50 AM
    NSA spies on US Citizens, I don't hear you talking.. Scolding the US Gov.. Or saying anything about civil, Liberty and BS..
    All that stuff the NSA/US government does is wrong.

There, I said it...without fear of arrest/prosecution. Could I do this in the UAE?
    08-01-16 11:07 AM

There, I said it...without fear of arrest/prosecution. Could I do this in the UAE?
    Yes you did say it, on the internet in a forum.. I don't know, try it for yourself and tell me how it goes.. They don't have an NSA there.. I don't think you can get arrested for saying "all what the Gov does is wrong", even if you were in the freakin Soviet union.. Its such a cute sentence.. Takes more troubles to fire up things

Next time I visit, I'll certainly tell it to the first Security officer I meet in the airport.. I'll see if they arrest me or not.. I'll update you on that.
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    08-01-16 11:17 AM

"In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, 'Down with Reagan!', and you will not be punished. Equally, you can also stand in Red Square in Moscow and yell, 'Down with Reagan!', and you will not be punished."
    raino likes this.
    08-01-16 11:18 AM
    Haha isn't this funny.. To be able to say whatever you want.. Down "Insert here".. Down "NSA".. Down whatever.. Yet you can't change anything, or stop them from spying on citizens.. Yes you can speak about it.. But can you stop it?.. If all you can do is speak.. What sort of freedom is this.. It becomes more, an illusion of freedom, yet not true freedom..
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    08-01-16 11:23 AM
52 123