Just a little tip to some newbies or anyone unaware, like I was. I was banned from the greatest site ever (Crackberry) for the past week because I posted a link to a site with Blackberry OTA downloads.

It was an honest mistake and, like a criminal, I did my time. To Crackberry: I am sorry for this and it wont happen again. To fellow CB users/abusers/addicts/Genius and Masters: I also apologize and please learn from my mistakes.

Still got nothing but love for CB
    pkcable and diffused like this.
    12-20-10 01:20 PM
    Way to man up! We need to be really careful around here with software piracy, because we have a good reputation with developers. Many of them are CB members themselves. Often they have contests here and give away TONs of free copies, so we are real careful to make sure that only authorized free stuff gets given away here. I'm sure you've entered and maybe even won a contest OR two yourself.

Welcome back, and your apology is appreciated at least by me!
    12-20-10 03:11 PM
    We all make mistakes, right Rich?? Glad to see you're back.
    12-20-10 03:17 PM
    Yep, circumvention of copyright restrictions and contributory infringement of copyrighted material is against the rules.

Except on this board, for some reason.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f66/
    12-20-10 04:28 PM
    I wasn't aware but am being educated daily bout these things. You have my respect for your apology. God bless you!
    12-20-10 06:07 PM
    Thanks guys! When I originally posted the link, I had no idea that the site hosted piracy software. I came across it while researching BB apps. Regardless, I won't be promoting it anymore!

It's only straight shooting with CB from here on out.

Blackberry 4 life!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 07:02 PM
    ^^^ Stand up guy, I salute you sir.
    12-20-10 08:58 PM
    Why can't those kinda sites be shutdown?

12-20-10 09:17 PM
    Hats off to you PHD, CB does have it's own reputation as well as the legal backlash to consider. And with over 2 million members it's probably not a very easy job to stay vigilant. We all have to remember to wipe our feet and mind our manners in the house that CB built for us!

12-20-10 09:18 PM
    Hats off to you PHD, CB does have it's own reputation as well as the legal backlash to consider. And with over 2 million members it's probably not a very easy job to stay vigilant. We all have to remember to wipe our feet and mind our manners in the house that CB built for us!

Well put! I actually have a new found respect for mods at CB now. I'm serious when I say that my week hiatus seriously taught me a tough lesson. I felt like a kid grounded by his parents. Its humbling. Wow.....I'm definately addicted to CB!

12-20-10 10:55 PM
    I won't post any warez either. Why bother? I just tell people to search it themselves (I don't even link the search due to referal linkbacks.)

12-20-10 11:41 PM
    are leaks technically warez? so its bull**** if u get banned
    12-20-10 11:47 PM
    Since BlackBerry OS's are not sold, no one loses money from a leaked OS version being posted. CrackBerry decided over a year ago to allow OS leak links, and so far RIM has not requested that we desist. We would do so immediately if RIM asked.
    12-20-10 11:53 PM
    are leaks technically warez? so its bull**** if u get banned
    No, leaks are not warez.

12-20-10 11:54 PM
    Since BlackBerry OS's are not sold, no one loses money from a leaked OS version being posted. CrackBerry decided over a year ago to allow OS leak links, and so far RIM has not requested that we desist. We would do so immediately if RIM asked.
    We. Are doing a service free of cost and sometimes at our own expense by using beta software and Os leaks. It is a needed and valuable tool for developers to have the masses field test their products.

12-21-10 12:15 AM
    We. Are doing a service free of cost and sometimes at our own expense by using beta software and Os leaks. It is a needed and valuable tool for developers to have the masses field test their products.

The developer's whose products we protect, also use CB as a test bed. You will often find beta apps you can test in our BB Apps section and the CB Front Page. And often when a new app get released developers will have contests on CB and give away tons of free copies. It really pays for us to have a good reputation will them, and most of them are CBer's themselves, and our friends!
    12-21-10 08:05 AM
    It's good CB runs a clean machine. It's important for the developers to know they are protected. In the end we all benefit so much from their participation. Keep it up pk, thanks for yours and all the CB staffs hard work!

12-21-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD