hello all at crackberry. here is my issue. i am curently going through centennial wireless as my carrier. i have a blackberry pearl. i am wanting the new storm2 but centennial has no plans on getting this phone. besides changing carriers and going to verizon just to get that phone is there any place to buy a new blackberry storm2 unlocked or something i will be able to put under my centennial account. ive searched for the new storm around but all of them seem to be through verizon. ide like to get one that doesnt have all the verizon logos and stuff on an in it.any advice?
    11-26-09 02:03 PM
    Verizon branded, though unlocked (you'll have to live with the Verizon logo unless you're a RIM employee to get your hands on an unbranded device): BlackberryEmporium.com-Lowest prices on all Blackberry Devices.

Hefty price tag
    11-26-09 02:16 PM
    hello all at crackberry. here is my issue. i am curently going through centennial wireless as my carrier. i have a blackberry pearl. i am wanting the new storm2 but centennial has no plans on getting this phone. besides changing carriers and going to verizon just to get that phone is there any place to buy a new blackberry storm2 unlocked or something i will be able to put under my centennial account. ive searched for the new storm around but all of them seem to be through verizon. ide like to get one that doesnt have all the verizon logos and stuff on an in it.any advice?
    Have you looked on ebay?
    11-26-09 02:20 PM
    Verizon branded, though unlocked (you'll have to live with the Verizon logo unless you're a RIM employee to get your hands on an unbranded device):
    here you go

BlackBerry Storm2 9520/9550 OEM bottom cover - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

un-branded cover.
    11-26-09 05:05 PM
    thanks every one. i have looked on ebay. some say they are unlocked but still have the verizon crap in it. hmmmmmmm
    11-26-09 05:32 PM
    it shouldnt be hard to find a unbranded phone to buy to use on any carrier if your willing to pay the price of the phone. kinda limits sells i would guess to only have one major carrier carring that one paticular phone
    11-26-09 05:36 PM
    I don't know Centennial, but if it's a GSM network (ie uses SIM card) an UNLOCKED SIM-capable BB will be usable on your network.

The Flash screen is not removable, even with an unlocked phone. That would require a deep flashing of the device ROM, which is only doable by RIM itself.

The casing could be made generic, but not the flash screen.

My Backup Storm1 is an unlocked, Bell-branded device, but I use it with a Rogers SIM card. It still flashes BELL on bootup. There's NO WAY to change that by us consumers.
    11-26-09 10:51 PM
    Why do you care so much if the phone says verizon on it? I don't get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 11:15 PM
    I don't know Centennial, but if it's a GSM network (ie uses SIM card) an UNLOCKED SIM-capable BB will be usable on your network.

The Flash screen is not removable, even with an unlocked phone. That would require a deep flashing of the device ROM, which is only doable by RIM itself.

The casing could be made generic, but not the flash screen.

My Backup Storm1 is an unlocked, Bell-branded device, but I use it with a Rogers SIM card. It still flashes BELL on bootup. There's NO WAY to change that by us consumers.
    Wrong. With a bit of knowledge and some apps you can even change the splash screen and VendorID of your BB.

11-27-09 12:43 AM
    Wrong. With a bit of knowledge and some apps you can even change the splash screen and VendorID of your BB.

Care to share? Everything I've read on here suggests it canNOT be done by the consumer.

I'd love to completely unbrand my backup Storm.
    11-27-09 07:06 AM
    Not with any legally available software. I doubt any link to said software will be removed rather quickly.
    11-27-09 10:10 AM
    buy an unlocked one from e-bay
    11-27-09 10:15 AM
    Why do you care so much if the phone says verizon on it? I don't get it.

well i am not a verizon customer and the price you gotta pay for that phone unlocked without a contract, it should be just the way you want it.
    11-30-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD