I feel the need to want to suggest this to the team at RIM in order for it to make our lives easier to use on our crackberries.

Thing is, how many does it take to recommend such an option? You should be able to do this without using the firewall (all devices) even with unknown contacts:

Menu -> Block this contact from sending SMS/MMS.

I think there would be allot of users wanting this option, it might go right into high demand. If it does, will you want it? I know I would!
    05-08-10 06:46 AM
    i would want this! it would be nice if they could make it so we could block calls from numbers as well instead of having to pay extra every month just to be able to have our carrier block numbers
    05-08-10 10:47 PM
    i would want this! it would be nice if they could make it so we could block calls from numbers as well instead of having to pay extra every month just to be able to have our carrier block numbers
    It seems carriers won't stop charging us regardless. We should have more control. It's unfair because we pay rediclous rates for service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 11:41 PM
    i agree! why should i pay 5 more bucks a month just to block one number when i'm already paying 70
    05-09-10 06:22 AM
    heres my guess

1. you 2 posters are the same person

2. you made no effort to look into these subjects
    05-09-10 11:51 AM
    We aren't the same person

05-09-10 02:00 PM
    05-09-10 02:05 PM
    You should check out the application Buzz Off. It is a call blocker. Dunno about the sms/mms text block though. I do like the idea of blocking unwanted txts.
    05-09-10 04:36 PM
    The ability to block texts and mms would be awesome!

05-09-10 07:39 PM
    i think this is an option in the new Fixmo Tools.... i have it somewhere....

*EDIT* wasnt fixmo tools, but there was some app like a month to 2 months ago that they featured on the blogs on cb.com.....
    05-09-10 07:53 PM
    well for sprint users. to block sms send a text to 9999 then the message "block 0123456789"

to block mms. go to your picture mail account and you can add numbers to your block list.

as far as calls go i use call blocker pro. a few bucks one time and im happy with it.

and since the op and his alter ego have no info on their carriers or phones i dont know if this helps, but it works
    05-10-10 11:04 AM
    You could use the firewall to block all messages except from contacts. If you don't want to receive messages from select people, don't put them in your phone book.

05-10-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD