Hi everyone. I am currently using an iPhone 4s as my main phone. I have a BB 9900 in my desk drawer collecting dust. I am a Blackberry fan and would like to start using my 9900 again.
    I read a lot of posts in these forums regarding the positives of rocking a Blackberry instead of another platform. One of the biggest "pros" is BBM.
    Seriously folks, have you taken a look at the BBM Group page here on Crackberry ? Unless you're a fan of big booty African Americans, Asian Gays, fat lesbians, dirty pictures, and sex talk, I can't see the advantage that BBM gives the average smartphone user. Take a look and correct me if I'm wrong. Is 90% of all the topics sexual in nature ?
    Listen, I'm not a prude but if BBM is going to be a selling point for Blackberries in general, I'd have to say the Blackberry is definitely in trouble.
    Heck, maybe the target demographic for Blackberry is young people with deviant tendencies and fetishes, right ?

I like Blackberry for most things but I would love Blackberry if BBM was more appealing. Just saying.
    08-28-12 07:01 PM
    All 78 million Blackberry users aren't into sexting.

I've never been to those threads & guess most here haven't (those who post frequently)

You get odd balls with all different phones. Iphones more as there is more of them.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-28-12 07:16 PM
    Ben1232, thanks. I didn't want to imply that all Blackberry users are sexting addicts. I do want to point out that for someone who wants to find a nice group to join to take advantage of BBM, you'll have a hard time finding one here on Crackberry. Check out the threads, am I mistaken ?
    08-28-12 07:23 PM
    Unless you're a fan of big booty African Americans

...um, you say that like it's a bad thing
    08-28-12 07:24 PM
    ...um, you say that like it's a bad thing
    Not a bad thing, lol just too many threads on similar topics m
    08-28-12 07:27 PM
    Ben1232, thanks. I didn't want to imply that all Blackberry users are sexting addicts. I do want to point out that for someone who wants to find a nice group to join to take advantage of BBM, you'll have a hard time finding one here on Crackberry. Check out the threads, am I mistaken ?
    Hehe. I don't use bbm groups anymore. I used to be in one for work but prefer working alone.

Maybe start your own bbm group thread of something that interests you. It should stand out like a sore thumb amongst the sex maniac groups
    bungaboy and finz72 like this.
    08-28-12 07:29 PM
    BBM is a great way for families to stay connected and save $$ on their cell phone plans. I use BBM with coworkers on my work BB as our employer doesn't allow text messaging. Hopefully former BB users will return to BB and we can connect with old and new friends! Several games can connect with BBM to share scores etc.
    08-28-12 07:33 PM
    Hi everyone. I am currently using an iPhone 4s as my main phone. I have a BB 9900 in my desk drawer collecting dust. I am a Blackberry fan and would like to start using my 9900 again.
    I read a lot of posts in these forums regarding the positives of rocking a Blackberry instead of another platform. One of the biggest "pros" is BBM.
    Seriously folks, have you taken a look at the BBM Group page here on Crackberry ? Unless you're a fan of big booty African Americans, Asian Gays, fat lesbians, dirty pictures, and sex talk, I can't see the advantage that BBM gives the average smartphone user. Take a look and correct me if I'm wrong. Is 90% of all the topics sexual in nature ?
    Listen, I'm not a prude but if BBM is going to be a selling point for Blackberries in general, I'd have to say the Blackberry is definitely in trouble.
    Heck, maybe the target demographic for Blackberry is young people with deviant tendencies and fetishes, right ?

I like Blackberry for most things but I would love Blackberry if BBM was more appealing. Just saying.
    Not trying to be mean, But how can you be a fan of something you don't use or support. Also did you survive the flood.
    08-28-12 07:36 PM
    Hehe. I don't use bbm groups anymore. I used to be in one for work but prefer working alone.

Maybe start your own bbm group thread of something that interests you. It should stand out like a sore thumb amongst the sex maniac groups
    I have tried numerous times. It sticks out, but usually goes unanswered. Maybe the topics aren't "spicy enough" !
    08-28-12 07:36 PM
    Not trying to be mean, But how can you be a fan of something you don't use or support. Also did you survive the flood.
    RoseBud, thanks. No offense taken. I have switched between the iPhone 4s and Blackberry for quite some time. I had the Bold 9000 also, so I do and have supported the Blackberry platform over the years. I'm just dissapointed that all of my close friends have other platforms (Android, iOS ) and for me to take advantage of BBM, I would have to find new friends or join groups here.

And......Yes, I survived the flood. Many roads under water, canals flooded. Glad it didn't hot us full force !
    08-28-12 07:46 PM
    There was a post here to join Fantasy Football not to long ago, Tried to get in on it but was to late. I do understand how you feel as all my friends have also moved on to other platforms. Good thing they all use Text.
    08-28-12 08:11 PM
    There was a post here to join Fantasy Football not to long ago, Tried to get in on it but was to late. I do understand how you feel as all my friends have also moved on to other platforms. Good thing they all use Text.
    I also enjoy talking football, and other sports related topics. I may have to search the BBM Group forum a little more thorough, maybe I can find a few decent groups and give me a reason to reactivate my Bold 9900.
    08-29-12 04:49 AM
    Just browsed the BBM/PIN forum again. Still very little "quality" conversations going on there. Oh well.
    08-30-12 04:53 AM
    Wow. Just...wow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-30-12 05:05 AM
    Just browsed the BBM/PIN forum again. Still very little "quality" conversations going on there. Oh well.
    Hey Finz72,

Like I said, start your own with something "you're" interested in. Post the link to this thread in your BBM Group thread maybe ?

You may even find bbm individuals suffice. I don't have as many as I did. Not because they moved platforms, for other reasons.

Just like life, flow through until you find quality people who you get on with. You do know that there are apps where you can meet new people right.
    08-30-12 05:19 AM
    In my experience, BBM has never been an important feature for me. In 2009, I had about 20 friends I talked to on there, but it wasn't really anything special. I just saw it as a cooler way of texting.

Now that all of my friends have an iPhone or Android, I don't use it at all. I could really care less if I had it or not. I still communicate with them through other means, so its not a big deal.

With unlimited texts, twitter, facebook, and even email, there is really no specific reason to send a BBM.

I've always seen BBM as something exclusive and special BEFORE unlimited texts plans and social networking apps became popular/mainstream.

Right now, I only see BBM being beneficial to people who have a group of friends/family with Blackberry's who want to communicate exclusively. Other than that, BBM is really nothing special...at least to me anyway.
    08-30-12 10:42 AM
    For me, Facebook is p**p. Wouldn't ever want an acc.

This week sent my first DM on Twitter, easy but not as easy as BBM.

Going from BBM back to SMS would be a concord story. I stopped sms texting when the mullet went out of fashion & like someone here once said "if you need bbm explaining, you still wouldn't get it".

With respect
    Last edited by Ben1232; 08-30-12 at 10:52 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-30-12 10:50 AM
    For me, Facebook is . Wouldn't ever want an acc.

This week sent my first DM on Twitter, easy but not as easy as BBM.

Going from BBM back to SMS would be a concord story. I stopped sms texting when the mullet went out of fashion & like someone here once said "if you need bbm'in explaining, you still wouldn't get it".

With respect
    maybe I'm missing the sarcasm, but how do you send a message to someone who doesn't have a Blackberry then?
    08-30-12 10:52 AM
    maybe I'm missing the sarcasm, but how do you send a message to someone who doesn't have a Blackberry then?
    Family who have old feature phones I may get an sms twice a month. Not much.
    08-30-12 10:57 AM
    I've used all the options available to me - text, whatsapp, Line, FB chat, GTalk and I have to say as far as interface and overall functionality and reliability nothing really tops BBM. I'm guessing some of that security may be lost if it's made to be cross-platform.

That said almost no one I know uses BBM (list is at 13 friends and shrinking). I've resorted to speaking to old friends with whom I have almost no common interest every once in a while just to remind myself of what a great app it is.
    08-30-12 12:10 PM

i need the link of the high lighted thread please, non african one.
    08-30-12 01:21 PM
    I've used all the options available to me - text, whatsapp, Line, FB chat, GTalk and I have to say as far as interface and overall functionality and reliability nothing really tops BBM. I'm guessing some of that security may be lost if it's made to be cross-platform.

That said almost no one I know uses BBM (list is at 13 friends and shrinking). I've resorted to speaking to old friends with whom I have almost no common interest every once in a while just to remind myself of what a great app it is.
    I'm looking for a reason to come back to using my 9900 over the 4s. One of the reasons would be to take advantage of BBM since it is still being highly praised by RIM. Heck, I can use SMS on my 4s. I love Blackberry and wish I could afford to use both phones, I'm just trying to find some justification to pick BB over iOS.
    08-30-12 04:23 PM
    I'm looking for a reason to come back to using my 9900 over the 4s. One of the reasons would be to take advantage of BBM since it is still being highly praised by RIM. Heck, I can use SMS on my 4s. I love Blackberry and wish I could afford to use both phones, I'm just trying to find some justification to pick BB over iOS.
    Man, if you can't figure it out by yourself . . . . . .

Or are you just setting lines?
    08-30-12 04:35 PM
    for me the reason is i can actually use physical keyboard and bbos is still highly rated in security.
    08-30-12 04:35 PM
    BBM shouldn't be your only reason to come back. It definitely wasn't for me. I chose Blackberry over my iPhone (I had the 3G) for the following reasons:

*Push notifications ( emails/tweets/facebook notifications are instant, not pulled every 5-15mins)
    *customizable LED alerts (changing tones/alerts for contacts and apps)
    *awesome keyboard (more efficient, less typos)
    *apps integrated into the OS (example: updating Twitter from the menu anywhere, without having to open the actual app)
    *Bedside Mode (not being disturbed with some unimportant tweet at 2am but still receive important calls is a bonus )
    *Battery life ( I get 15hrs+ daily. My iPhone would be dead by lunchtime with ALL the settings off )
    *Organization (My life is in my Calendar!)
    Last edited by shemaree09; 08-30-12 at 04:50 PM.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    08-30-12 04:45 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD