Hold out for the bigger iPhone... I am sure Apple can use your money for the next real spaceship building that can actually go to space and take all Apple believers to 'Eden'.
    08-12-14 10:56 AM
    Do not go for the Z30 if your coming from the iPhone. If your coming from a Samung Galaxy yes. But an iPhone you'll want a Z10.
    If coming from iphone5 any phone and OS is better it just then comes down to preference. I came from SG4 and could not go to z10. Z30 all the way IMO.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 11:25 AM
    Go Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 11:32 AM
    Go Z30.

Posted via CB10
    If Z10 is too small ("squinting"), yes.

Just bump up screen brightness on Z30 and make sure you adjust white balance to something that suits. Cooler tones make for better clarity and contrast when reading, I reckon...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 06:38 PM
    Running the 10 for the last evening. It's very slow. Any ideas
    08-13-14 07:47 AM
    I used to have the Z10 and now I have the Z30. Why are there none on Kijiji? Because no one wants to give it up! Just read some of my posts to see how awesome it is. Z30 all the way!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    08-13-14 10:06 AM
    I know you can now port over android apps easier than you could before.
    You can basically install an APK from any source except Google Play unfortunately. I use the Amazon App Store for most things and 1mobile for the rest. 1mobile makes me more nervous because a lot of apps on there don't seem like they were deliberately placed there by the vendor. Not all apps are in Amazon, so something you have to go there. Instagram is one on your list that I had to go to 1mobile because it isn't in the Amazon store either. Usually I use iGRANN for Instagram stuff though.

I would also recommend you try some of the apps to see what the performance is like. I use some Android graphics and photo apps and have no issue on my Z10, but I have had other apps that would be extremely laggy (even though you wouldn't think so). Not sure how Photoshop Express or Simpsons might behave.
    08-13-14 10:47 AM
    You can basically install an APK from any source except Google Play unfortunately. I use the Amazon App Store for most things and 1mobile for the rest. 1mobile makes me more nervous because a lot of apps on there don't seem like they were deliberately placed there by the vendor. Not all apps are in Amazon, so something you have to go there. Instagram is one on your list that I had to go to 1mobile because it isn't in the Amazon store either. Usually I use iGRANN for Instagram stuff though.

I would also recommend you try some of the apps to see what the performance is like. I use some Android graphics and photo apps and have no issue on my Z10, but I have had other apps that would be extremely laggy (even though you wouldn't think so). Not sure how Photoshop Express or Simpsons might behave.
    I know you know this - but just for the sake of clarity, you can install Google Play via Snap of course.
    08-13-14 12:00 PM
    Running the 10 for the last evening. It's very slow. Any ideas
    What is slow on it? Do you mean Android apps? When I moved from my Z10 to the Z30, I noticed a difference in overall operating speed, especially with some Android apps. That being said, some Android apps still take relatively long to open, such as Candy Crush.
    08-13-14 12:08 PM
    I know you know this - but just for the sake of clarity, you can install Google Play via Snap of course.
    It's lame that you have to side-load Snap, though.
    08-13-14 12:11 PM
    It's lame that you have to side-load Snap, though.
    It is what it is - just saying it can be done.
    08-13-14 12:13 PM
    Actually, I didn't! Thanks for the tip!
    08-13-14 01:08 PM
    Actually, I didn't! Thanks for the tip!
    Really??? Umm...it's not often I'm stunned, but you've managed it!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 01:09 PM
    What is slow on it? Do you mean Android apps? When I moved from my Z10 to the Z30, I noticed a difference in overall operating speed, especially with some Android apps. That being said, some Android apps still take relatively long to open, such as Candy Crush.
    oS seems to be slow for me. Did a wipe and reinstall of the system tonight so will give it a whirl again tomorrow. Battery life was horrid not even getting me tonlunch. I remember it usually getting me till home time before....

Keyboard is much nicer to use though. Wow love it. And the hub, forgot how much i loved it!
    08-13-14 11:43 PM
    Really??? Umm...it's not often I'm stunned, but you've managed it!

Posted via CB10
    As soon as anyone says "sideload", "jailbreak" or "root", my brain says "too much work, too risky" and I don't pay attention

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 05:25 PM
    oS seems to be slow for me. Did a wipe and reinstall of the system tonight so will give it a whirl again tomorrow. Battery life was horrid not even getting me tonlunch. I remember it usually getting me till home time before....

Keyboard is much nicer to use though. Wow love it. And the hub, forgot how much i loved it!
    It usually takes the phone 2-3 says to settle in. You should see.improbed performance after that. Also remember that email refresh setting can be set longer if your email provider supports push email.

Currently running my Z10 with 5 email accounts and moderate BBM / SMS / browser use/app use, wifi and blue tooth enabled all day. Took it off the charger 10 hours ago and still have 27% remaining.
    08-18-14 07:29 PM
    As soon as anyone says "sideload", "jailbreak" or "root", my brain says "too much work, too risky" and I don't pay attention

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on the last two. And you can add things like "leaked OS" to that too!
    08-19-14 03:23 AM
42 12