I have a BB Bold 9650 from Verizon. My wife has an HTC Incredible. I wish I could find something that combines the best from both devices.

My BB excels at:

1. emailing and messaging
    2. battery life
    3. being a phone
    4. physical keyboard

It sucks at:

1. web browsing
    2. availability of cool apps
    3. being a camera

Her Incredible excels at:

1. web browsing
    2. awesome screen
    3. smooth operating system
    4. being a camera

It sucks at:

1. battery life
    2. battery life
    3. battery life
    4. keyboard
    5. emailing and messaging

I need to stick with Verizon, but I need something that gives me the best of both worlds with as few as possible of the cons.
    05-12-11 11:21 AM
    Enter new Bold 9330 very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 11:23 AM
    Your 3 BB "Cons" should be fixed with this generation of phones. Well, cool Apps may not come until we get QNX on phones. Not really sure what you consider a useful App. To be honest, I haven't touched 90% of the Apps on my iTouch after I downloaded them. Most of them are just time killers, not a necessity.

05-12-11 11:27 AM
    Maybe you can root the Incredible and put a custom ROM on it and it will have better battery life? What about the iPhone?

05-12-11 11:10 PM
    Maybe you can root the Incredible and put a custom ROM on it and it will have better battery life? What about the iPhone?

The "better" battery life is still no match for that of a blackberry. And I wouldn't even say it's a match for an iPhone.
    05-13-11 12:37 AM
    I had a Droid X that I rooted and romed and my battery life actually got worse. I do miss my time killers from time to time but my emailing and msging are so much better on my bb. I'm wondering if I should have held out for a bold touch but I do love the bold I have now.

05-13-11 11:53 AM
    battery life can be easily solved with any one of the many chargers..theres really no excuse for a dead phone nowadays
    if you are on the road, plug it in, if you are at your desk, plug it in....

Im seriously considering a Droid based phone....

It seems that the only reason people are sticking to BB's ( myself included) is battery life and QWERTY keyboards, a full qwerty makes it soo easy to message and respond ( for those of us who hate touchscreen keypads)
    05-13-11 11:57 AM

It seems that the only reason people are sticking to BB's ( myself included) is battery life and QWERTY keyboards, a full qwerty makes it soo easy to message and respond ( for those of us who hate touchscreen keypads)
    With the use of swype or swift key I can pump higher WPM then I ever could on a bb.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    05-13-11 01:28 PM
    Wait for the new bold 9900. That fixes most of your complains. I had numerous android devices, and they are just terrible. Process managment is ghoustly! I live windows 7 more then anything.

05-13-11 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD