True or False: Using an image file that must be downsized to fit the device screen for wallpaper causes extra processing that wastes battery power.
    11-26-11 09:25 AM
    Don't know but why would you use an oversize wallpaper to begin with? You can use freeware programs like Irfan to resize the wallpaper with a few simple clicks and then load it to the device.
    11-26-11 09:40 AM
    Don't know but why would you use an oversize wallpaper to begin with? You can use freeware programs like Irfan to resize the wallpaper with a few simple clicks and then load it to the device.
    I sometimes use the BB camera to shoot a nice photo that I decide to use as a wallpaper, as is. It never before occurred to me that I should resize it to save battery life. In fact, battery life has been so good on my 9780 and previous BBs that I didn't give it any thought. But I'll be switching to a 9900 soon, so the question is suddenly relevant.
    11-26-11 09:50 AM
    Never heard of such a thing. I've used everything from low-res images off the web to 6Mb photos from a digital camera, and not seen any affect on the CPU.

BTW, that's on a 9650, so if it doesn't have an impact, the 99xx certainly won't. I've done the same with my old 8100.
    11-26-11 10:15 AM
    False. This was addressed in another thread.

By way of example, attached is what I'm using on my 9930 unaltered.
    11-26-11 01:56 PM
    False. This was addressed in another thread.

By way of example, attached is what I'm using on my 9930 unaltered.
    Thanks. I missed that thread, but now I've read it. I'll experiment when I have the chance. It's at least possible that the OS 7 software, or some versions of it, aren't handling the images as they should.
    11-26-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD