not according to the official poll, which is the only way to objectively measure how most people felt about the commercials.
    In the same way that the failed White House petition demanding the construction of a Death Star represents real demand for such a thing to happen. Web polls are most easily manipulated "statistics" possible. The second a web poll trends on Twitter or gets upvoted on Reddit, an highly self-selected sample of (i.e. not representative) people who feel strongly about that topic (or a commercial in this regard) will go to the link and vote for it. How many posts do we get here with people encouraging others to refute negative Z10 reviews in the comment section? That's called selection bias.
    Drew808 likes this.
    02-04-13 06:41 PM
    wsj doesn't have blackberry video in their poll thing either
    02-04-13 10:07 PM
    I love how they say it was risky because of low brand awareness, yet the fact that they are writing the article, will add to BB's brand awareness.
    lol... or probably because they intentionally wrote that article because they supported blackberry...
    with paycheck from sammy, they have to praise sammy more and at the same time mention blackberry so that readers will look for and find out what this commercial of blackberry was all about... (whew... where's comma and full stop buttons...).
    and at the same time help rebuild blackberry as a brand...
    ... from the positive side...
    whatever it is, any publicity is a good publicity.
    02-04-13 11:33 PM
    and samsung tweeted for their users to go vote. Lots of companies did this. Its open game, and the winning ad at this point is Blackberry.
    You do know that BB ad is only number 1 on the NFL site. They are in the bottom third on other sites.
    02-05-13 12:45 AM
    You do know that BB ad is only number 1 on the NFL site. They are in the bottom third on other sites.
    of course...
    but since the ad is in NFL superbowl, it is logical for people to browse NFL to re-watch the missed or favourite ads. and it just seems that other sites who is borrowing NFL's popularity to grab the ads and do their own ratings.
    its just irrelevant in my view. people will still look up to NFL's site to view the ads. and that's much more matter to gauge ratings.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-05-13 06:01 AM
    Take the blinders off folks, the blackberry was terrible and didnt accomplish what it set out to do. It wasnt funny, or clever, or witty, or memorable in any way. In no way shape or form did Blackberry distigunish itself from iphone or android either, it didnt make you want to go to blackberrys website and look up their phones or to try one out. Watch the ad from a subjective standpoint and not knowing anything about blackberry 10 and see if blackberry 10 is something you would want to learn more about.
    Admorris, aniym and ctuffy like this.
    02-05-13 10:53 AM
    Watch the ad from a subjective standpoint and not knowing anything about blackberry 10 and see if blackberry 10 is something you would want to learn more about.
    I am going to assume this is what you did. You watched it from a subjective standpoint even though you already knew everything about BB10 and already had an idea of what it can and can't do right now and probably even made up your mind on its success or failure. Yeah buddy, there is no flaw there that I can see. It is what it is man. If the ad didn't appeal to you it doesn't matter. It appealed to many others. But even then the ad was not meant for us. By that I mean us tech followers. I didn't think it was amazing either but I knew it wasn't directed to me. It was directed, and quite clearly, to the people who are going to say "BlackBerry? But, that salesperson said they were bankrupt when they sold me on this (insert competing device here)? I'm going to google it." aaaand scene. That's marketing. That is all it does. That's all it needs to do.

Additionally: How about the younger teens? They always want the latest thing and quite frankly that commercial did have a lot of visual candy whether or not they understood the message. "Ooooh mum, dad I want that!" We have all seen it/heard it. Once again marketing job done. Or how about those old BB business users (this is a tough one) "What? BlackBerry? Oh dear no. Haha look at that. Looks to me like they are no longer business phones what with all the flashy graphics." Looks down at company issued iPhone "Well I guess good for them, it's what everybody's going with now anyway."
    None of these examples means a definite sold phone. It doesn't have to be. Just has to implant the word BlackBerry into a persons mind. What they think of it is up to the individual.
    02-05-13 02:00 PM
    yeah the Samsung was miles better than the Blackberry ad.
    The only reason Blackberry got number one is because there is a huge portion of Blackberry fans that congregate here on Crackberry and were told about the vote.

Samsung doesnt have a fansite this big, and forget about Samsung for a second, there were a **** of a lot more ads that should have the top spot over Blackberry.

Remember the old argument that iFans stifle innovation by mass purchasing Apple products regardless of neccessity or quality. Well Blackberry fans has just stifled ad creativity by mass voting a poor ad to number one spot.
    I doubt anyone can say under oath, that they honestly thought the blackberry ad was the best.
    Admorris likes this.
    02-05-13 02:13 PM
    I doubt anyone can say under oath, that they honestly thought the blackberry ad was the best.
    Agreed. Although the samsung ad was not the most amazing either. Unless your the type that loves celeb endorsements. There was plenty of examples of great advertisements from companies that don't have the deep pockets samsung does. Also didn't they tweet to their fans to vote them up? Whatever. The BB ad was not spectacular to say the least anyway.
    02-05-13 02:46 PM
    Agreed. Although the samsung ad was not the most amazing either. Unless your the type that loves celeb endorsements. There was plenty of examples of great advertisements from companies that don't have the deep pockets samsung does. Also didn't they tweet to their fans to vote them up? Whatever. The BB ad was not spectacular to say the least anyway.
    The Samsung one had humour, but wont be remembered either a couple of years from now. I agree with that.
    A question has to be asked, and that is even if blackberry did legitimately win the number one ad. what does that prove?
    02-05-13 03:04 PM
    The Samsung one had humour, but wont be remembered either a couple of years from now. I agree with that.
    A question has to be asked, and that is even if blackberry did legitimately win the number one ad. what does that prove?
    Yes it was funny. But I don't think it will be remembered next week. I don't think any of them were that memorable. Except for that GoDaddy one. I don't think anybody can easily shake that one off. My stomach churned. As for the question: It proved there are a lot of BlackBerry fans whether they won it legitimately or not. lol. I didn't vote...
    02-05-13 03:29 PM
    Yes it was funny. But I don't think it will be remembered next week. I don't think any of them were that memorable. Except for that GoDaddy one. I don't think anybody can easily shake that one off. My stomach churned. As for the question: It proved there are a lot of BlackBerry fans whether they won it legitimately or not. lol. I didn't vote...
    well i think the vote number was around 12000 people. lol
    we know there is quite a bit more fans then that already.

it did show that there is a surprising lack of interest in the superbowl commercials. i thought with the big song and dance they make over it and the outlandish rates they'd have numbers in the hundreds of thousands voting
    eddy_berry likes this.
    02-05-13 03:51 PM
    If you can't hang with the Big Boys....

Most of the really good ads were longer and thus a lot more money, but they allowed those advertiser (like Samsung) to tell more of a story that people could at least understand what was going on. BlackBerry's ad "look what we can't do" was funny in a way, but it was also lame and left too many people looking around and saying huh?
    The Samsung advert was dire and void of character, just throwing money at some celebs to little point, while the bb advert wasn't perfect they have clearly succeeded in their aims because people are talking, both those who did like it and those who didn't.
    02-05-13 07:07 PM
    In my opinion, the only commercials that may be remembered in 6 months are the raunchy Go Daddy pos (because it was so disgusting), the 'God Made Farmers' (for it's quiet simpleness) and maybe the Budweiser colt story (who doesn't love a baby Clydesdale). The BB commercial was almost over before I realized what it was and I was waiting for it. I appreciate and respect those who think the BB commercial was good/great. I simply did not.
    eddy_berry and m1a1mg like this.
    02-05-13 07:20 PM
    There were a lot of better ads but that samsung one wasn't one of them. That was just dumb.
    02-05-13 08:02 PM
    I guess I have a different sense of humor. That ad was just dumb, yeah I said it again.
    02-05-13 08:03 PM
    WSJ is now owned by News Corp = Fox "News". 'nuff said.
    02-05-13 08:12 PM
    I loved the Jeep/USO commercial. Made me tear up. Its rough being on the otherside of the world away from friends and family that's for sure and I personally thank Jeep and the USO for a great salute and support to all us military folk out there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 05:51 AM
    WSJ would not know how to print a positive BlackBerry article if their very existence depended on it.

Sorry, I'm all out of grains of salt.
    02-06-13 09:02 AM
    You're all blinded by the fact that you're BB lovers. There were at least 30 commercials that were better than the BB commercial.
    Pretty much this to the the tee. I am a BB fan and have contemplated coming back, but that commercial was terrible.

Samsung one did the job, but wasn't near the best either. I personally thought the Doritos one was the best again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    m1a1mg likes this.
    02-06-13 11:39 AM
    Samsung’s Super Bowl commercial, featuring actors Seth Rogan, Paul Rudd and basketball star LeBron James, was probably among the best ads shown during the game — and a stark contrast to a BlackBerry ad that seemed to fall flat.
    I came to the opposite conclusion. The Samsung ad made no sense to me, and I bored of it quickly. The Blackberry commercial was mildly entertaining, though many others were better. My favorites were the robot chicks in the car commercial and the Audi commercial.
    02-06-13 11:40 AM
46 12