02-08-13 12:26 AM
45 12
tools
    Hello,

2 day's ago i ordered my brand new white 4g lte z10.
    I was really happy to finally order one but...
    The last day's i constantly read comments that are not that nice or good about the z10.
    I am a bb fan , but i'm getting scared that this phone will not make me as happy as i thought...

What do you guys think about all those (some fair) comments ?
    fixable ? or does bb have a problem.
    02-07-13 05:45 AM
    Fixable. This is a 1.0 software release. They can't ignore us like Playbook owners.
    02-07-13 05:50 AM
    GRIP hard on something! Think about it, you'll be fine.
    Cracklen likes this.
    02-07-13 06:01 AM
    Blackberry 10 just launched almost a week ago, give it some time to mature and Blackberry collect usage data first

It's also natural for problems to appear whenever something is made. After all, nothing is perfect in this universe don't you think ..
    Crowezine likes this.
    02-07-13 06:02 AM
    Blackberry 10 just launched almost a week ago, give it some time to mature and Blackberry collect usage data first

It's also natural for problems to appear whenever something is made. After all, nothing is perfect in this universe don't you think ..
    indeed you are right ! Just hope the bug fixes will be done when i get it 2nd half of march !
    02-07-13 06:07 AM
    Hello,

2 day's ago i ordered my brand new white 4g lte z10.
    I was really happy to finally order one but...
    The last day's i constantly read comments that are not that nice or good about the z10.
    I am a bb fan , but i'm getting scared that this phone will not make me as happy as i thought...

What do you guys think about all those (some fair) comments ?
    fixable ? or does bb have a problem.
    I must admit i was getting similar feelings, then i realised something....
    All the negative gripe has actually been on users personal preferances and not so much the OS or hardeware.
    I will admit some have seemingly valid concernes, but what I use and enjoy about my BB is that its a good stable phone that can easily send e-mail or keep me in touch with my Social media etc.
    There are obviously some serious power users on these forums that need to be able to sync to everything and have apps to wipe there a....
    You need to decide what do you really need in a PHONE, i think for most, def for me the BB10 is all that and more!
    02-07-13 06:36 AM
    I think the reason people said there was nothing new enough about the OS to make people want to change is that reviewers just tried to see if they could replicate things that could be done on their Android or iPhones. They didn't bother to look and see if anything new could be done or done in a different way to make it more efficient.
    Can you post a Facebook update from inside the "hub" on an iPhone or Android phone or do you have to go inside the Facebook app?
    02-07-13 06:47 AM
    If you're uneasy and don't have to have a new phone just wait and see what happens.
    richardat likes this.
    02-07-13 07:44 AM
    You can just update it, reply from inside the hub!
    02-07-13 07:46 AM
    I've been using a Dev Alpha since June and I got my Z10 on Tuesday. I love it and it works great for what I do. Everything seems logical to me. But do I think that BB10 will be static in the OS? Not at all. Nothing is holding me back from using my phone in business or personal. You can't please everyone.
    02-07-13 07:54 AM
    I've had mine since tuesday and it is awesome.

A few of the issues people have had are just a case of getting used to a new system. There are a few areas that need "smoothing at the edges" but its the #1 release of a new operating system.

You can stay excited about it. It's really very good.
    02-07-13 08:58 AM
    Upgrading from another BlackBerry to a Z10 is like upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7. Almost everything is there, you just do it in a different way. There might be a few things missing, or broken, but SP1 will come along soon enough to help fill the gaps.

A few things are different because of deliberate design choices that have been made to satisfy the biggest number of people. These changes **** off a vocal few. You can't please everybody.
    ladeberry and zyben like this.
    02-07-13 09:16 AM
    My strange feeling is even stranger than the OP's.

I've been using a mid-range Android phone for about 8 months. Although the Blaze is a bit glitchy on phone calls since the ICS update, the overall OS works well for me. I'm a Gmail user, and of course that works well. I use Google Docs, calendar, etc., and they all work well. I make extensive use of a number of apps, notably Kindle, Audible, PodKicker, PageOnce, Tapatalk, and a few others. Due to the problems with phone calls (and a few other minor things), I'm definitely ready for a new phone.

The voice of sanity says I should simply get a better Android phone, maybe an S3. I don't need the absolute latest and greatest hardware, but something better than the Blaze would be good. Like the OP, the more I read about BB10 the more I see that Gmail won't work as well. I won't be able to search back more than 30 days without going into the browser, for example. I won't have a one-click archive option. The apps I mentioned aren't there yet, except as sideloads. I'm able to extend battery life on the (rooted) Blaze by using SetCPU, which lets me slow down the CPU for background processes, such as receiving mail, when I'm not actually using the phone. I won't be able to do that in BB10. In short, the Z10 will entail more work (sideloading, having to use browser to search mail, etc.) to get things done in a manner that is arguably a downgrade from what I'm currently experiencing on my Blaze.

But for some reason I'm looking forward to this! That's the strange feeling. I can't wait to start d!cking around to get my Z10 to work almost as well as my Blaze! I probably need professional help.
    Rickroller, jakie55 and kelexiong like this.
    02-07-13 09:18 AM
    For months everyone has pretty much agreed that RIM/BB had to nail the launch of BB10. It has not been perfect by a long shot, but I think everyone would agree that there is some buzz around the BlackBerry brand so we will just have to see how long it will last.

We are looking at a product that was delayed over a year, there have been beta units out for 8 months or so for developer to use (and test). So I don't buy the whole "we have to give it time" excuse, I did that with the Storm and the PlayBook. fool me once, fool me twice.....

I think having to wait until March may be a really good thing for US buyers, by then we should have a much better picture of where the Company and the Device are headed.
    02-07-13 09:32 AM
    For me all that really mathers is : checking hotmail and g mail , this for private use and for school). I don't know if skydrive is available for bb10?

Other things i do ? Well , browsing (crackberry ofcourse!) and i need to be able to check my stocks thrue the day...

I'm really looking forward to get it ! I also get an ice watch BUT with BLACKBERRY inside of it !!! This as a gift from blackberry ! Nice detail from them.

So as i read this, i really should not worry but relax en enjoy the waiting !

Thx for all the responses so far.
    02-07-13 09:42 AM
    The only issue I've had would be:

Apps that I wants. - not worried it takes time. There are still many other apps that are great.

Adding contacts. I figured it out but it should have been easier for people to switch.

Oh wait my exchange email account from work. I haven't figured that out yet.
    02-07-13 10:14 AM
    I know what you mean. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster reading these threads. I don't particularly like when people are blowing sunshine, but some of the "constructively critical" comments make me want to sing my Grandma's favourite song ("Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you...party pooper... party pooper").
    jakie55 and RubberChicken76 like this.
    02-07-13 10:25 AM
    This is why I will wait till they are in stores and then I can at least take it for a test run. No way will I pre-order one. I haven't on any phone. Rather test drive it and then make a decision.

Everybody is different though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 10:31 AM
    I am pretty confident that they'll release an OS update around US launch date. So, most (negative) concerns/comments will likely get addressed in that update. Remember that almost all concerns are fixable by software update. So, 1 month from now, Z10 will be even better phone than it is today.

Also note that, most of us here are nitpicking (we miss some legacy BlackBerry 7 features). But the Z10 actually is a phenomenal device. The experience is superior to an iPhone or an Android phone. So, I am sure you will love it (as I do). The features we are nitpicking about will likely be fixed in next few weeks. And that'll make an already excellent device even better.
    02-07-13 11:14 AM
    I am pretty confident that they'll release an OS update around US launch date. So, most (negative) concerns/comments will likely get addressed in that update. Remember that almost all concerns are fixable by software update. So, 1 month from now, Z10 will be even better phone than it is today.

Also note that, most of us here are nitpicking (we miss some legacy BlackBerry 7 features). But the Z10 actually is a phenomenal device. The experience is superior to an iPhone or an Android phone. So, I am sure you will love it (as I do). The features we are nitpicking about will likely be fixed in next few weeks. And that'll make an already excellent device even better.
    So what happens if they are not fixed by than? What if it is months and months before it's fixed?

My phone still works great so I'll just watch on the sidelines and wait. I don't want another playbook where you're always waiting for the fixes and waiting and waiting and waiting.
    02-07-13 11:22 AM
    Was the iphone a roaring success when it first released? Did it have 70,000 apps on release? Did it have the support of the most major carriers worldwide? Did the iphone receive FIPS straight away? (****, they never will get it)

You see, time plays it out. Did you learn to walk as soon as you were born?

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    02-07-13 11:25 AM
    Was the iphone a roaring success when it first released? Did it have 70,000 apps on release? Did it have the support of the most major carriers worldwide? Did the iphone receive FIPS straight away? (****, they never will get it)

You see, time plays it out. Did you learn to walk as soon as you were born?

Did Apple have a previous operating system/mobile phone that had a solid background, been on every carrier worldwide, etc? No
    /argument
    02-07-13 11:27 AM
    Did Apple have a previous operating system/mobile phone that had a solid background, been on every carrier worldwide, etc? No
    /argument
    That's the spirit!!!
    02-07-13 11:33 AM
    Typical.

Your point is still valid, you just used a horrible example.
    02-07-13 11:37 AM
    So what happens if they are not fixed by than? What if it is months and months before it's fixed?
    My phone still works great so I'll just watch on the sidelines and wait. I don't want another playbook where you're always waiting for the fixes and waiting and waiting and waiting.
    As I said, and I reiterate, the device (even without the updates) is phenomenal. It's a better experience than iPhone or Android (my opinion) and I love it. The updates and features are my wish-list is a result of 'nitpicking'.

That said, let me address your concern about -
    So what happens if they are not fixed by than?
    I think that's unlikely. I think we'll see OS updates within next 30 days. Case in point: BlackBerry announced BBM Voice few months ago and then they released updates/fixes every 2 weeks. Same with another app (forget which one it was). So, I think their internal software development and release cycle/iterations have gotten a lot faster.

Also, I think it's a great idea for you to wait on the sidelines for an update before making a purchase. Evaluate it after the update and then see if it fits your needs/wants. Make a decision then.
    02-07-13 12:50 PM
45 12