That's cool. I will watch and see how things go. If they go well then it's first on my list when I'm ready.
    02-07-13 01:34 PM
    Shouldnt Blackberry be focusing more on the Q10 and BB Artona instead of fixing bugs now? I also think BB will be wasting their time if theyre overly focus on fixing the OS bugs, because say they've fixed it for the Z10, they will need to make another upgrad for the Q10
    02-07-13 02:57 PM
    I had the same reservation as you and i'm happy i got white!!!

I love it.. I played with the black one that first arrive and thought maybe i made a mistake.. But when this white one arrived it removed any doubt that i made a mistake.
    02-07-13 02:59 PM
    Like anything new, there will be problems at first. This is why I plan to buy a Z10 this Christmas, because a lot of the needed updates will have made an appearance by then.
    richardat likes this.
    02-07-13 03:14 PM
    Hello,

2 day's ago i ordered my brand new white 4g lte z10.
    I was really happy to finally order one but...
    The last day's i constantly read comments that are not that nice or good about the z10.
    I am a bb fan , but i'm getting scared that this phone will not make me as happy as i thought...

What do you guys think about all those (some fair) comments ?
    fixable ? or does bb have a problem.
    You should bear in mind that people with negative comments will want to post more than people who are happy with their new phone and even then the amount of positive comments still outweigh the negative ones.

Where stuff is a genuine issue rather than somebody just ranting or disliking the way a feature works then we will see fixes.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-07-13 03:45 PM
    For me all that really mathers is : checking hotmail and g mail , this for private use and for school). I don't know if skydrive is available for bb10?
    It isn't there right now, although I do seem to remember seeing leaked photos that showed it so presumably it is either on the way or has been blocked for release by ms for some reason. There is a 3rd party app called playcloud that adds some additional remote options including that one.
    02-07-13 03:49 PM
    Shouldnt Blackberry be focusing more on the Q10 and BB Artona instead of fixing bugs now? I also think BB will be wasting their time if theyre overly focus on fixing the OS bugs, because say they've fixed it for the Z10, they will need to make another upgrad for the Q10
    Carriers will be expecting a maintenance release x amount of days after release so the odds are that we will see one around the time of the q10's launch that will include fixes that will have also been implemented in parallel into the software for the new device too.
    02-07-13 03:51 PM
    I would tend to disagree with your statement. BB wants to make a good impression in the USA with this launch. IF too many things are left unfixed right off the bat, one would think that would that would make someone NOT want to purchase a new BB device. Have to take care of small problems before they become bigger. Often by that time, it is way too late. At least by the time Q10 pops its head out, BB will already know what are some of the likely things that people may not be satisfied with
    02-07-13 04:35 PM
    I had the same reservation as you and i'm happy i got white!!!

I love it.. I played with the black one that first arrive and thought maybe i made a mistake.. But when this white one arrived it removed any doubt that i made a mistake.
    Glad to hear this !
    So the icewatch thing is worldwide ? Or didn't you get one of these.
    Just hope the backside doesn't get dirty as fast as my bold 9000 (white) 2j ago!

Go BB !
    02-07-13 05:00 PM
    OP, I would say that if you have no problems with the design and hardware of the Z10, then by all means, go for it! If the concerns you have are with software, just keep in mind that all of that can be fixed through software updates. This will be a continually-evolving OS and every update will make it more complete. That's one of the reasons why I'm not hesistating about buying one, because once I have one, it'll become more complete over time.

As for apps, a lot of the larger developers are waiting for adoption numbers. You buying a Z10 will be one more lost customer those devs would rather have. I'm sure a lot of them will adopt BlackBerry 10 soon enough. They just need more people like you and me to buy the device because they need to see the demand for BB10 in the market.
    02-07-13 07:33 PM
    I am greatly impressed with my z10. It was beyond my expectations for a phone.
    02-07-13 07:35 PM
    I guess the thing that I'm picking up, from some folks, is that it's not like their old BlackBerry. And it's not, it is a brand new OS with the BlackBerry name. My expectations are that when I get mine, I will want to throw it up against a wall the first few days because of the learning curve; going from an Android back to a BB (and I hate learning curves). For now I'm reading everything I can until it is released in the U.S. By then it should be close to perfect.
    And a huge thank you to my friends across the pond and in Canada for sharing your thoughts about your BB10 units. Because of your help I expect we will have a much smoother experience.
    anon(1152406) and jakie55 like this.
    02-07-13 08:13 PM
    I get a strange feeling too after eating White Castles. It usually goes away after a couple farts. Just get the damm thing to the US
    02-07-13 08:19 PM
    Got mine yesterday and for about 3 or 4 hours, I thought I made a bkg mistake and should have waited for the Q10. Fast forward to today and I can honestly say that I am loving it. It is different and has a few issues but on the whole I am getting more and more impressed the more I use it.
    02-07-13 09:14 PM
    I think the reason people said there was nothing new enough about the OS to make people want to change is that reviewers just tried to see if they could replicate things that could be done on their Android or iPhones. They didn't bother to look and see if anything new could be done or done in a different way to make it more efficient.
    Can you post a Facebook update from inside the "hub" on an iPhone or Android phone or do you have to go inside the Facebook app?
    Yes, on iPhone you can post to Facebook or Tweet from Notification Pane (hub?)
    02-07-13 09:17 PM
    iChat wrote "Was the iPhone a roaring success when it first released?" I believe it was!
    02-07-13 09:28 PM
    Had the same strange feeling while waiting for the release. Now that I have the phone I can honestly say I love it.
    02-07-13 10:23 PM
    Hello,

2 day's ago i ordered my brand new white 4g lte z10.
    I was really happy to finally order one but...
    The last day's i constantly read comments that are not that nice or good about the z10.
    I am a bb fan , but i'm getting scared that this phone will not make me as happy as i thought...

What do you guys think about all those (some fair) comments ?
    fixable ? or does bb have a problem.
    depending on where you set your expectation I guess.

remember you have the entire crackberry nation behind you. ready to support and share the experience with you. there is no better and more exciting time than right now when you could be a part of a new experience.
    02-08-13 12:12 AM
    Black looks like darth Vader's phone
    02-08-13 12:22 AM
    I would tend to disagree with your statement. BB wants to make a good impression in the USA with this launch. IF too many things are left unfixed right off the bat, one would think that would that would make someone NOT want to purchase a new BB device. Have to take care of small problems before they become bigger. Often by that time, it is way too late. At least by the time Q10 pops its head out, BB will already know what are some of the likely things that people may not be satisfied with
    I agree. BlackBerry should focus on fixing those minor but irritating bugs and make sure to propagate the good. basic. but well-known features of bb7 to os10 like blackberry travel, blackberry bridge, the notification settings, blackberry news, blackberry protect, etc.
    Also some step-by-step video tutorials of how to transfer existing contacts, messages and calendar from an older bbos to bb10 AND from another platform to bb10. knowlege articles won't be good enough.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-08-13 12:26 AM
45 12