yes I'm waiting. i have high hopes. my 9800 is Still doing a good job right now

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crackberry Forum app by Tapatalk
    04-25-12 10:50 PM
    I'll be in a pickle: I'll be able to upgrade my 9800 at the end of the summer, and that's when the iPhone 5 comes out. That's also when our company is rumored to go and support iOS devices.

Soooo...it's a tough one. I don't want to hang on to that 9800 for much longer, so RIM better get a solid launch date for BB10 so I don't get tempted by the devil and his apple.
    04-25-12 11:35 PM
    Well after getting my 32gb playbook I'm now dead set on waiting for the new bb10 phones to come out.
    04-26-12 12:31 AM
    My contract is up in a couple months and I'm eligible for an upgrade at the moment. I'm tempted by the bold but know, with the wave of next generation smartphones coming up, I may wish I had kept that upgrade.

For me anyways, even with android and apple, my first look will be at bb10. I don't want to leave my data compression behind, or ditch the email/communication I've become accustomed to (not saying the others are not good). My ideal phone is a bold format factor with bb10 and the LATEST Tech, nothing dated. There's just something very appealing to me to have a great keyboard phone, with the bigger screen tablet companion (especially considering bridge). So for me, RIM has a shot.

Disclaimer - this is my personal opinion and what I am hoping for (keyword being I). To each his own.

Let's go bb10!
    04-26-12 12:45 AM
    I have (probably unreasonably) high expectations for BB10. It will match my following criteria for smartphones:

1. premium construction materials - yep, BB is usually good for that. I detest the cheap flimsy plastics used by Samsung for example.
    2. touchscreen - yep
    3. timely updates - hate this about my android. One big thing Apple and RIM have going for them is that they make their own hardware AND software so updates aren't fragmented across multiple manufacturers and carriers.
    4. carrier availability - yep. I'm on Bell Canada and they're always heavy into BB
    5. Enjoyable UI - yes, I like QNX.

Showstoppers for me will be

1. if they somehow F this up and launch it full of bugs and broken things.
    2. BB10 is also going to need to have excellent integration with both my PC and my tablet. My Tablet is a PB so I see no problem there. We'll see how well I can stream + transfer content back and forth to my PC though.
    04-26-12 09:09 AM
    I'm definatly wating for BB10/BBX phone.
    04-26-12 09:49 PM
    I'm very curious to see what happens to BB in the future, it seems as android and iphone are on top of everything now.. who knows
    04-27-12 11:20 AM
    waiting for, bb10. Looking at the Galaxy note!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 02:29 PM
    WAITING! bb10 will give developers a more realistic way to port their apps / develop new more rich apps via the Cascades UI come BB World->BB10 Release. I believe the PB App store is at 35,000. The base will grow in the months coming so that BB10 will really be an impressive release for Blackberry. We'll see if it commands enough attention. Jumping from Java to Cascades will make things SOOO much easier for C++ devs and the lot
    04-27-12 02:39 PM
    My Torch 9800 is up for upgrade now.. but holding out for BB10 phones cause otherwise I'd be stuck for another 18 months before I can upgrade.
    04-27-12 02:44 PM
    Two lines on my plan have been upgrade eligible for months, and I, for one, will get a BB 10 handset the day of release. It may be touchscreen only, and if I dislike it, I still have the 9810 to fall back on.

I have no problem spending a few bucks to show support for RIM. I REALLY like these phones.
    04-27-12 04:01 PM
    I wouldn't say I'm waiting as I don't qualify for an upgrade until next year.

Though I'm interested and looking forward to BB10s, I'm in no rush to get one, as my 9810 is working fine for me.

Sent from my Beloved BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 08:00 PM
    its getting harder and harder to wait with all these new devices on the market from other platforms. OMG i am growing so tired of the 9800 but not willing to jump on os7 since it is old anyway
    04-27-12 08:56 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD