I loved that the presentation was short and sweet, unlike other launch presentations like Windows 8. Like someone said in another post, this launch was not for us fanboy's who have followed every rumor and every possible leak. That's why they introduced it to the world simple and elegant. Other than the lacking of a killer app in the presentation, the presentation was good.

My question is there is so much stuff unaccounted for: (if you have links for the news below please share because I am having a hard time finding some)
    BBM Money transfer that Thorsten talked about, albeit he said for Indonesia but why not do it everywhere (security??) -
    (BlackBerry to launch peer-to-peer money transfer service in Indonesia called BBM Money | CrackBerry.com)
    Cinnamon Toast notifications that is here in this link (the other two things said came true, where is that?)
    More BlackBerry 10 screen caps - Is this the BlackBerry 10 lock screen and notifications? | CrackBerry.com
    BlackBerry 10 is Tasty with French and Cinnamon Toast - N4BB
    BlackBerry Cloud or some kind of over-the-air cloud service to sync the various BB devices i.e. playbook
    **source please**
    BlackBerry Bank or whatever it is actually called the visa integration Google Wallet type NFC payment system
    Visa approves RIM's Secure Element Manager solution for NFC mobile payments | MobileSyrup.com
    Skype we heard is coming, but when
    BB10 on playbook again but when?
    Office Suite or Docs To Go is there going to be an update?

I swear there has been so much left out, what could be the reasoning?
    Could they be holding this out and incrementally releasing it at events like BB Jam Europe on Feb 4th to build hype until the US gets it in March?

Guys, please weigh in and add your own missing features that have had strong evidence behind it, and correct anything that is wrong above i will re-edit the post.
    Last edited by mrmartis; 01-31-13 at 03:34 AM.
    flyingsolid and jegs2 like this.
    01-31-13 03:00 AM
    Now i realize that many of these things simply didnt have time to show it all at launch. but they are no where to be seen even after the fact on z10s people have or the reviews/documentation

1. wondering about that cloud icon leak too. what is that all about

2. The whole BIS/ data use/compression situation - I NEED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD BE GETTING MORE DATA BEFORE I WORK OUT TERMS EXTEND MY CONTRACT ON TUESDAY WHEN I GET THE PHONE, JUST ADDING ADDITIONAL DATA LATER WOULD COST MORE!!

3. bb10 on playbook - They really need to quit beating around the bush as if they dont know we are wondering or forget they confirmed its coming.

4. They keep saying this system will be able to connect to cars etc. Yeah i know cars have qnx but what cars can this device currently or in the near time future connect to (other then standard Bluetooth)??? You cant use a vision to sell it - WHENS IT HAPPENING

5. WHEN is skype coming. Enough with the not saying anything, or "SOON".
    flyingsolid, spike12, imz and 2 others like this.
    01-31-13 03:22 AM
    I'm interested in the office suite. They haven't mentioned much, except crackberry.com

I'm also interested in the day to day stuffs, like navigation, the waze-like crowdsourcing intergrated with the foursquare-ish app, etc, podcasts, etc.

Any updates on that?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 03:30 AM
    I'm hoping Skype comes before the U.S market gets the product, seeing as how they are last in line.
    We have a bit of time.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-13 06:05 AM
    I also found it odd there was no mention/hinting to other pricing tiers BlackBerry wanted to enter later in the year. i.e. Curve 10.
    01-31-13 09:06 AM
    I also found it odd there was no mention/hinting to other pricing tiers BlackBerry wanted to enter later in the year. i.e. Curve 10.
    Yesterday was about announcing the device that was about to become available in civilised countries along with the q10 that would follow shortly after, they were never going to detail their entire roadmap right then and there because that is just stupid. The odds are that we get the announcement of the C10 (or whatever) at the Blackberry Live show in May with it having a June/July release period.
    01-31-13 09:59 AM
    2. The whole BIS/ data use/compression situation - I NEED TO KNOW IF I SHOULD BE GETTING MORE DATA BEFORE I WORK OUT TERMS EXTEND MY CONTRACT ON TUESDAY WHEN I GET THE PHONE, JUST ADDING ADDITIONAL DATA LATER WOULD COST MORE!!
    Because web browsing is an easy way to chew up data, I use Opera Mobile on my Android phone, because it offers data compression (and you can set it for compression only on mobile network, not on wifi). And I've set OM as my default browser, so there's no problem about the stock browser kicking in accidentally. It would be ironic if Android became the safest bet for data compression, simply because it lets you set OM as default browser. As far as I know, no other platform lets the user do this.
    01-31-13 10:11 AM
    Most of the things you mentioned was speculations or musings.

BB10 cloud is kind of their integrate with Box, as well as the use of BlackBerryIDs.

BB10 for the Playbook was mentioned later on that it will be coming "soon".

Docs to Go is the same old P.O.S. IMO
    As for the NFC/Banking/Visa stuff, that is not really "BB10", but rather just "NFC" stuff.

It was only 1 hour they had so they couldn't exactly fit every little detail into the launch event. Hopefully more news trickles down in the coming weeks.
    01-31-13 10:34 AM
    Because web browsing is an easy way to chew up data, I use Opera Mobile on my Android phone, because it offers data compression (and you can set it for compression only on mobile network, not on wifi). And I've set OM as my default browser, so there's no problem about the stock browser kicking in accidentally. It would be ironic if Android became the safest bet for data compression, simply because it lets you set OM as default browser. As far as I know, no other platform lets the user do this.
    But Opera Mini has been available on BB phones for years. It's the only way you can surf at all on some BB phones. I assume it will be available for BB10 as well. Regardless, what *is* the deal with BIS? Is it done for BB10? It is offensive that they won't tell their customers what the situation is.
    01-31-13 02:21 PM
    But Opera Mini has been available on BB phones for years. It's the only way you can surf at all on some BB phones. I assume it will be available for BB10 as well. Regardless, what *is* the deal with BIS? Is it done for BB10? It is offensive that they won't tell their customers what the situation is.
    The ability to set OM, or any other browser, as the default in Android means that anytime you click a link in an email or elsewhere, it'll open the link in OM rather than the native browser. Merely having OM as a download on the device doesn't give you this benefit, but it'll still be nice to have.
    02-01-13 07:01 AM
    I believe they are going to sell the company.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 07:30 AM