For the past 6 months I have been drooling over the 9930, and what will be the upcoming iPhone. Both phones have something I desire, and both phones lack something I desire. I've heard that VZW's exchange policy for regular smartphones (i.e. non iPhones) allows for you to keep the device for up to 14 days, and if you are not happy you may return it so long as there is no physical damage and call time is under an hour or something like that. I've also heard that for iPhones, once the device is turned on, you can not return it. So I was thinking, would it be possible to purchase the 9930 right now, try it out for a few days, and if the upcoming iPhone (being released oct. 4) appeals more to me, could I return the 9930 and get the iPhone instead, without buying the phones off contract or paying any fees?
    10-01-11 12:07 PM
    The new iPhone is not being released this week. It is being *announced*.
    10-01-11 12:10 PM
    The new iPhone is not being released this week. It is being *announced*.
    sorry, i meant announced :P
    10-01-11 12:10 PM
    My opinion is that once the iPhone hits, holiday shopping will be in swing and the VZW stores will be ca-RAZY busy. So the staff will likely be more on edge than normal. Keep that in mind when it comes to them making judgement calls on things like return policies, etc.
    10-01-11 12:13 PM
    If you buy a 9930 "now", it will likely be more than 14 days before the iPhone 5 is released. So that would be a downfall of your plan.
    10-01-11 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD