Just wanted to get some opinions as to why you think VZW decided to allowed wifi on the S2. Do you think they are looking at it from a capacity standpoint? My theory is that if they allowed wifi on their phones that users would be moving data traffic off of the VZW network and using hotspots and therefore having more capacity on the VZW network. I mean we know they had a pretty hard stance for not having wifi on the S1 bc they felt we wouldn't need it lol. What are your thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 10:37 AM
    Could be. I also think that this was a deal breaker for many people when looking at carriers and phones. The image that big red was portraying was that they are all about revenue and screwing the costumer. They use to restrict gps on google maps and stuff like that where AT&T was very open about it, i even remember when i was an AT&T constumer that i had bberrys without data plans, just plain phone and texting.
    11-05-09 10:46 AM
    The ommision of Wifi was always a strange one the BB's. The winmo devices have had wifi for years. The synical side of me says that it will allow them the flexibility to control what people do with thier phones. For instance, ATT has allowed sling player on Iphones but will not allow it work over 3G. I just think it gives big red more control over what we do by giving additional options as to how it gets done. the bonus is that they get to look good doing it.
    11-05-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD