I purchased my Bold 9650 from a VZW store on Tuesday. I noticed that when I was looking at the features the Storm2 had WiFi listed on it and when I asked one of the employees if the Bold 9650 has WiFi he said it didn't. I refused to believe it and when I got home I tried to connect to my home network and it worked perfectly. Has anyone else noticed VZW misrepresenting the Bold 9650 as not having WiFi?
    07-01-10 12:51 PM
    Confused person must have been thinking about that you cannot place calls over wifi on Vzw. But who knows......
    07-01-10 12:53 PM
    I guess it doesnt really matter much, I can assure you it does.
    07-01-10 01:23 PM
    Not sure what the store has for product info, but I got this from the website:

Forge ahead with the BlackBerry�Bold™9650 smartphone and tackle your challenges head–on. With features like Wi–Fi�, 3G technology, a 3.2—MP camera with video recording, VZ Navigator�Global, Visual Voice Mail, V CAST Music w/Rhapsody, V CAST Videos, V CAST Song ID, VZW Tones Deluxe, Mobile Broadb and Connectand optical trackpad. Plus, enjoy multimedia support for your videos, pictures and music. What ever drives your life is always within reach —chat with friends, email colleagues, share pictures and listen to your favorite tunes. The BlackBerry Bold also works with popular apps like Facebook�and Flickr™and even lets you talk and surf at the same time with simultaneous voice and data over Wi–Fi. Take chances and embrace your adventurous side with the BlackBerry Bold.

As far as the sales rep, I wish I could say I was shocked you were given wrong information, but i'm not!
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-01-10 at 01:32 PM.
    07-01-10 01:29 PM
    LOL @ the sales reps.......

Anyways.. The only difference in the 9650's is the camera ver and non camera version
    07-01-10 01:35 PM
    I'm tempted to go back into that VZW store and take a picture of the info card for the 9650...
    07-01-10 01:56 PM
    I'm tempted to go back into that VZW store and take a picture of the info card for the 9650...
    Ask the rep to take out a box and then show him how on the picture of the device it says WIFI
    07-01-10 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD