My current curve says it is 4.3.0.127. That's pretty old right?

What is the latest SW that i can bump this phone to safely?

Can someone link me to the VZW Curve software release history, and what each subsequent release fixes/does/upgrades? I think the biggest thing i would like is HTML emails....

FWIW
    I am getting a warranty replacement phone from VZW- so i feel like playing with this phone a little.

ps
    is there a crack yet for GPS on VZW? or is iVZ Navigator still the only option?

thanks
    04-07-09 09:48 PM
    4.5.0.77 is the latest official VZW OS.

You get GPS with Blackberry Maps (free), a better browser, video camera, better memory management, support for larger memory cards, and HTML email.

You can get the OS update from New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 10:00 PM
    awesome info !!! thanks-
    04-07-09 10:07 PM
    Can I confirm that 4.5.0.77 works with GPS? Specifically, I thought I had seen somewhere that I needed a version beyond 0.77 for GPS to work with BBMaps... will ANY version of 4.5 work?
    04-22-09 10:48 AM
    ps
    is there a crack yet for GPS on VZW? or is iVZ Navigator still the only option?
    Pretty sure there wont be anyway to really crack verizon's gps lock...
    04-22-09 10:57 AM
    Can I confirm that 4.5.0.77 works with GPS? Specifically, I thought I had seen somewhere that I needed a version beyond 0.77 for GPS to work with BBMaps... will ANY version of 4.5 work?
    BB Maps works with .77
    04-22-09 01:28 PM
    You don't need to crack any lock; VZW unlocked it a while ago. I use it all of the time.
    04-22-09 02:18 PM
    You don't need to crack any lock; VZW unlocked it a while ago. I use it all of the time.
    You need to clearify this.. Verizon unlocked Blackberry Maps... they did not unlock anything else... so you can only use verizon's navigation software (additional cost) or blackberry maps.. every other gps software out there will not work...
    04-22-09 02:29 PM
    You need to clearify this.. Verizon unlocked Blackberry Maps... they did not unlock anything else... so you can only use verizon's navigation software (additional cost) or blackberry maps.. every other gps software out there will not work...
    Exactly. The Sprint guy has it down.
    04-22-09 02:36 PM
    Sorry for the confusion. I was confirming what xliderider had said. GPS is unlocked and works only with VZ navigator and BB Maps.
    04-22-09 02:38 PM
    Exactly. The Sprint guy has it down.
    Seriously, this is the 3rd post regarding the gps in verizon today...
    The statement VZW unlocked that awhile ago could give people the opinion it changed and cause 1000 more posts about why gps isnt working on verizon... it isn't about bashing verizon, it is about making sure the comment is truthfully instead of causing 1000 more threads.. i dont really give a **** about verizon vs sprint.. i have my service, you have yours..i dont pay your bill so i dont really care what you have and you dont pay mine so how does mine effect you?
    04-22-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD