There are many people having issues running Google Maps and VZ Navigator on the BB 8130 and 8830. After installing Google Maps, VZNavigator will fail almost every time even if you have exited out of Google Maps. I tested this and got an error 15 every time I tried to launch VZNavigator. I then completely deleted Google Maps and Navigator works fine. So it looks like it's one or the other.
    02-07-08 03:49 PM
    I have both and I don't seem to have any problems so I don't think it's a clear cut problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 04:48 AM
    Correct. Google Maps and Verizon Navigator don't seem to be able to co-exist on my BlackBerry 8830.

As the two messages above indicate, Verizon (like Microsoft) prevents others (e.g. Google Maps) from playing on their turf. AT&T seems to be much more gracious. Unfortunately, at least in New England, Verizon has the best coverage.

Verizon cripples GPS on the BB 8830 unless you pay them $10 per month. I believe Google Maps uses GPS. But if GPS is not available, Google Maps will use cellular towers to determine an approximate location (with 1,700 meters). Not bad if you want to know roughly where the **** you are.

VZ Navigator (with the $10/month subscription) is a proper GPS; its locations are very accurate.

VZ Navigator stops working if you install Google Maps. Reinstalling VZ Navigator gets it working again but it stops working as soon as you use Google Maps.

So, unless someone has cracked this puzzle, you can use either one or the other; but not both.
    03-28-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD