Just upgraded to 4.1.0. nice, like the traffic functionality, but what the heck is SMSWakeUp?
    Any ideas?
    09-19-08 04:09 PM
    The prior version of NAVIGATOR recognized a bluetooth gps puck so that even if the 8830's gps was still officially "off" from verizon, you could use Navigator. It was just a way to use navigator.

This does not affect other applications and the use of the puck, at least, not that I know about.
    09-19-08 04:39 PM
    Oh , that makes complete sense. Thank you for clarifying that before all of us Crack Heads had a meltdown

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 04:47 PM
    What is the message function of 4.1 all about? What is the email associated? any ideas?
    09-22-08 08:11 AM
    Can you still get older versions of VZNav?
    09-22-08 11:51 AM
    Can you still get older versions of VZNav?
    Yeah--I have the older version and use it all the time with my external puck. Are they going to force me to upgrade?
    09-22-08 12:28 PM
    Yeah--I have the older version and use it all the time with my external puck. Are they going to force me to upgrade?
    Nope. You can keep your current version if you'd like!

09-22-08 12:36 PM
    What is the message function of 4.1 all about? What is the email associated? any ideas?
    Place Messages:

You can send your current location or any location you look up via a place message to another VZW customer! If they have VZ NAV as well when they open the place message they have the option of clicking on it to begin navigation to said location.

If you send a place message to someone without VZ NAV (or someone on another carrier) they will receive your location address as a text message (or email).

i use this when i'm, say, at a restaurant and my friend does not know how to get there. i send a place message so he can navigate to where i am!

i also use place messages to update my location when i'm on a road trip. When i stop for gas i send a place message to my hubby and my mom. Just to be safe for when i'm traveling alone.

09-22-08 12:41 PM
    pretty cool actually, thanks. I thought it was maybe just another email address that I don't want or need.
    09-22-08 01:28 PM
    Where can I get an older version? How do I use it with my puck? Do I still have to subscribe to the service? I have 4.1 installed
    09-22-08 02:37 PM
    Where can I get an older version? How do I use it with my puck? Do I still have to subscribe to the service? I have 4.1 installed
    There is a thread floating around here that talks about it--just search for VZ Nav. I just downloaded the program from my browser (same as you did for 4.1) and used BBMaps to connect to my external GPS. Then, VZ Nav functions the same as if the GPS were unlocked.

I'm not sure if you can still find the older version...
    09-22-08 11:14 PM
    I opened up VZN, with the Nav highlighted I hit menu and check updates and it downloaded the 4.1 over the 2.99. Works great!!
    11-05-08 12:12 PM
    So If you delete the Carrier file in the OS do you regain GPS function for BB Maps?
    11-05-08 05:00 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD