Do I have to subscribe to a service to have my GPS work on my Storm. Everytime I chose "Show my location" within the VZ Navigator I receive an error "Service Authoizaton Error: Call *611" Is this an added feature that I have to pay extra a month to work.?
    12-21-08 11:09 AM
    The VZ Navigator feature costs $10 per month to use, or $2.99 per day.

You can call verizon to activate it if you want.
    12-21-08 11:26 AM
    Do I have to subscribe to a service to have my GPS work on my Storm. Everytime I chose "Show my location" within the VZ Navigator I receive an error "Service Authoizaton Error: Call *611" Is this an added feature that I have to pay extra a month to work.?
    just use the BBmaps it's free...
    12-21-08 11:28 AM
    just use the BBmaps it's free...
    Yeah but it doesn't talk to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 11:30 AM
    Is there a way in BBMaps where the GPS can detect exactly where I am? I mean, I was trying to figure it out but it looks just like MapQuest or Google Maps to me...(without GPS)
    12-21-08 11:32 AM
    Everyone says use BBMaps it is good, but there are no turn by turn and it doesnt update automatically when you have already passed on checkpoint.
    12-21-08 11:33 AM
    Do you forget where you are at sometimes that you need a gps to tell you where you are standing at?
    12-21-08 11:34 AM
    The VZ Navigator feature costs $10 per month to use, or $2.99 per day.

You can call verizon to activate it if you want.
    Verizon does not offer the $2.99 per day for Blackberries.

You can either call VZW CS to subscribe, or subscribe via the My Account web page.
    12-21-08 11:36 AM
    Do you forget where you are at sometimes that you need a gps to tell you where you are standing at?
    When I'm on a train or bus on a trip in Europe, yeah, I'd like the GPS to let me know my location, so I know if I'm close to a metro or whatever. It's convenient. So does it have this feature?
    12-21-08 11:41 AM
    Verizon does not offer the $2.99 per day for Blackberries.

You can either call VZW CS to subscribe, or subscribe via the My Account web page.
    Interesting. I called a Verizon rep yesterday, and they said there was that option ...
    12-21-08 11:47 AM
    Interesting. I called a Verizon rep yesterday, and they said there was that option ...
    hmm...

Not sure.

I know that -> https://vznavigator.vzw.com/index.ht...navigation+gps

lists only $9.99 monthly for BB and Windows Mobile. And if I sign into My Account to subscribe, it only gives the $9.99 per month option.

My other "dumb phones" do get the $2.99 for 24hrs option.
    12-21-08 11:51 AM
    i get lost in my own back yard. so the blackberry garmin application for the storm is for me. i would rather just spend the 100 dollars up front for the software and have unlimited use then 10 dollars a month forever. dont get me wrong vz nav is nice, just to much nickel and diming to the bill. rather have a one time fee
    12-21-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD