Has there been any word on Verizon offering VZ Navigator to BB users now that they have the Droid that has a free turn by turn built in? Or are they going to continue to screw bb customers by making them pay 9.99 for it? My guess is the latter but just checking.
    12-10-09 10:27 AM
    I purchased it for $9.__ per month just a couple of days ago and it works perfectly. I hope it is made available for free in the near future. Your thoughts?

Bob
    12-10-09 10:31 AM
    Yeah, I just don't use it enough to justify the payment. I know there is an option to pay for one or two days at a time but that isn't a good option either. This is my first bb and I had VZ navigator for free on my previous phone and wasn't paying as much per month as I am now. All other companies that I know of offer turn by turn for free to bb users. At least sprint does.
    12-10-09 10:47 AM
    I found that Google maps, even just using cell tower location, gave great directions and maps.

Just thought I'd mention it as an option.
    12-14-09 09:07 PM
    i've been using VZ Navigator for over 6 years now. it's my favorite app hands down. i am getting thoughts after seeing Garmin Mobile for a one time fee, Google Navigation offered free...

i definitely need turn by turn voice (i have BlackBerry and Google Maps too), re calculate and traffic features on my GPS.

i do wish VZ Nav was sold for a one time fee or Free (we can dream). i'm going to give Garmin Mobile a serious try and i may junk VZ Nav if i like GM.

Seeing the Droid come with free spoken GPS makes me jealous! If i didn't like BlackBerry so much, that alone would make me switch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 03:36 PM
    Good Luck getting VZW to give something FREE, especially when their pulling 10 bucks a month from users, multiplied by god knows how many people.

Will NEVER happen.

PS. I agree it's a nice thought though!
    01-03-10 09:57 AM
    hahah agreed with joel. i cant imagine it will ever be free, you can always install telenav and use it for the 5 day trial period. uninstall reinstall every five days, lol, it will be free, or just use google maps.
    01-03-10 09:59 AM
    I refused to pay verizon's $9.99 fee a month and just decided to pay for amazeGPS $33.99 for an entire year. This is by far way better than verizon's fee. I used the amazeGPS 30 day trial and it finds the address and directs me there with voice enabled guidance. I don't need it to massage my back or make me a cup of coffee. All i need it to do is find address and guide me there. It does that and for a much lower fee.
    01-12-10 02:47 PM
    Has there been any word on Verizon offering VZ Navigator to BB users now that they have the Droid that has a free turn by turn built in? Or are they going to continue to screw bb customers by making them pay 9.99 for it? My guess is the latter but just checking.
    On Verizon's web site they are offering BB Curve 8330's WITH VZ navigator. Why can't those of us who have an 8330 get our phone's activated?
    01-20-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD