My phone is an unlocked Passport on latest official OS release.

I've been using VPN45 for 3 days, VPN45 is in BBWorld, set up is easy, as long as you copy down your personal info and utilize VPN45's instructions (pictures) on what to enter in each field during set up. There are two types of field input, what you get after paying such as user ID and password, then specific general VPN45 settings.

So far no problems with this VPN, works in the background, always on, monthly or annual fee. Once it's set up, it just works!

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...48889/?lang=en

VPN45 three days so far....-img_20150522_220012.jpg
    05-22-15 09:02 PM
    I've been using it since N4BB posted a review a few weeks back. It's working great for me. The vendor recommends not using auto connect but I do and it works fine. The only issue I've come into is having to disable it to play Spiderman Unlimited.
    05-22-15 09:05 PM
    I've been using it since N4BB posted a review a few weeks back. It's working great for me. The vendor recommends not using auto connect but I do and it works fine. The only issue I've come into is having to disable it to play Spiderman Unlimited.
    Same here, down to found it thru the N4BB review, kudo's to N4BB.
    05-22-15 09:07 PM
    I've been using it for a few months. Works great.
    Paid for a month, and then got the year subscription. The price makes it seem like it might be too good to be true and that there should be a catch.
    Have been happy with it.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    4justis likes this.
    05-22-15 09:29 PM
    I cnnot connect DNS problem

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-25-15 07:29 PM
    It's ok working now with support help!

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-30-15 06:12 PM
    The price makes it seem like it might be too good to be true and that there should be a catch.
    There's a few red flags there but nothing crazy. Their privacy policy for one..

VPN45 may share anonymous data with a variety of third parties, including its affiliates, advertisers, and other current and prospective business partners. VPN45 may use anonymous data collected for website administration, advertising, and promotional purposes, and may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes.

VPN45 may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess technology that allows us to customize the advertising and marketing messages Users receive while using the VPN45, and those outside companies may have access to anonymous data that we collect from VPN45 users.

VPN45 may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the VPN45.
    In other words, there's certainly some logging go on there.

Plus, the fact they're possibly kinda sorta fibbing about where your data is being piped through.. they say it's in UAE but it's seemingly not... they're using a Simplex data centre in Cyprus. But whatever, the parent company page is here if anyone wants to actually investigate more. I guess the level of care would depend on what exactly you're using a VPN for.
    jope28 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-30-15 07:03 PM
    Lovely!

Jaglenn's Passport
    06-02-15 06:02 PM
    There's a few red flags there but nothing crazy. Their privacy policy for one..
    In other words, there's certainly some logging go on there.
    Plus, the fact they're possibly kinda sorta fibbing about where your data is being piped through.. they say it's in UAE but it's seemingly not... they're using a Simplex data centre in Cyprus. But whatever, the parent company page is here if anyone wants to actually investigate more. I guess the level of care would depend on what exactly you're using a VPN for.
    I haven't been able to find any VPN's, even premium that didn't sell Meta-data, are there any in BB World the are totally confidential with premium?
    06-02-15 06:06 PM
    I haven't been able to find any VPN's, even premium that didn't sell Meta-data, are there any in BB World the are totally confidential with premium?
    Probably not lol. Personally I use PureVPN but there's a good list here as well - https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-v...w-2015-150228/
    miker476 and jope28 like this.
    06-02-15 06:33 PM
    Probably not lol. Personally I use PureVPN but there's a good list here as well - https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-v...w-2015-150228/
    Maybe a similar post, but focusing just on the BlackBerry compatible ones might be appreciated by the CrackBerry community.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    06-02-15 07:06 PM
    Maybe a similar post, but focusing just on the BlackBerry compatible ones might be appreciated by the CrackBerry community.

Many of those are compatible. . I used one or two on my Z10.

Via my HTC One M9...
    jope28 likes this.
    06-03-15 09:04 AM
    If you have linux skills, the best is to get your own VPS and run your own VPN. I've been buying some VPS's for around $20 one time. No logs

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 03:15 PM
    People, I need your help!

Just purchased this apps for my BB Passport but it doesnt work.
    I'd followed the steps but it just wont work.
    It tried to connect but keeps showing:

Connection Error

Autentication Error

Does anyone know how to fix it?
    I tried to mail it from yesterday but still not getting their response yet.

Thank you very much!
    12-19-15 08:31 PM
    It works. The instructions are kinda confusing. You're probably copying something off the screen shot that you shouldn't.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    12-19-15 08:42 PM
    People, I need your help!

Just purchased this apps for my BB Passport but it doesnt work.
    I'd followed the steps but it just wont work.
    It tried to connect but keeps showing:

Connection Error

Autentication Error

Does anyone know how to fix it?
    I tried to mail it from yesterday but still not getting their response yet.

Thank you very much!
    Did you review my OP? Write down the information on a sheet of paper, but fill in your personal details where needed then slowly change you settings
    12-19-15 08:51 PM
    Using VPN45 for almost a year now on my Classic, shifting some 35Gb since.
    Recently did setup my Classic and Passport on using BES12 Cloud with a VPN policy using the VPN45 settings to be used by the WiFi profile too, both WiFi and VPN policies pushed to the devices via BES no problems, very easy once the groups policy is setup, just activate a device with BB-Balance as Work-space and you are ready to go.

VPN45 actually confirmed to me that they are supporting 3 concurrent logins to use at the time on one account using there app from the BBW.
    So by using one BB ID for the VPN45 app with one BES profile per user, no further fiddling about and it's working rock solid.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-11-16 03:31 PM
    Haven't had it for a week now. No problem before that. No answer from their support email.

Jaglenn's Passport
    03-24-16 02:44 PM
    Recently did setup my Classic and Passport on using BES12 Cloud with a VPN policy using the VPN45 settings to be used by the WiFi profile too, both WiFi and VPN policies pushed to the devices via BES no problems, very easy once the groups policy is setup, just activate a device with BB-Balance as Work-space and you are ready to go.
    I am just playing around with this, trying to combine it with the Shao-Soft add blocking proxy server for add blocking even over cellular. It seems to work to use the Shao-Soft proxy server, even over cellular.

To be clear, you need to have the phone activated on the BES12 cloud. First, you buy the Shao-Soft add blocking app on BlackBerry world. You then create the Shao-Soft proxy profile on your BES12 Cloud server. After you have the Shao-Soft proxy server profile created, the next step is to buy the VPN45 service via your BlackBerryWorld on the phone. Subscribe to a VPN45 account and use the details given to setup a VPN45 profile on your BES12 cloud server, adding the Shao-soft proxy profile as the second last line and the Shoa-soft pac url as the last line. You then assign the profile to the phone that is setup on the BES 12.

I used work and personal regulated to setup the phone. I think with this profile, the BES has more control over the personal side, such as controlling which wifi access points it can connect to.

This whole experiment is to see if I can give my young son a phone that can be relatively safe to use. So far I have limited the wifi connections to just the school and our home wifi, which both have openDNS content filtering on them. My next step is to see if using a similar approach to the Shao-Soft ad blocking/VPN45 combination, if I can apply OpenDNS or similar to the phone's cellular connection.
    03-25-16 02:15 PM
    Used VPN45 for a month worked fine on my Z30. Switched to PureVPN so I could include our Macs and wife's Classic. $65 Cdn/year for 5 at a time. Works fine.

 Pr1ngle
    05-03-16 10:51 AM
    So with VPN45. They tell you not to log in automatic! When it goes off, how do you get it back then!

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-08-16 09:07 AM
    So with VPN45. They tell you not to log in automatic! When it goes off, how do you get it back then!

Jaglenn's Passport
    Look in settings >network and connections.,tap VPN ,you will see your vpn45 profile tap that and it will turn green, once that is done you are connected

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 11:31 AM
    Oh that's what I've been doing! Thought that was automatic. ok. Can't get it to turn back on.

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-08-16 12:13 PM
    Oh that's what I've been doing! Thought that was automatic. ok. Can't get it to turn back on.

Jaglenn's Passport
    Try connecting using your phone data, If it works there your problem lies with the wifi connection

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 12:18 PM
    Tried that, and turning phone data off and just wifi. Neither worked.

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-08-16 12:31 PM
33 12