What a bunch of ridiculous hostility.

Civic... it is simple. He asked for your proof of a new google release in January.

Do you have such proof or are you speculating?

He is right... you do clearly need lessons in reading comprehension. He quoted that guy because that was the only "google response" he had found. I think he made this abundantly clear in that post.

I would also like to know...do you have some proof of this new release in January? I'm not accusing you of anything, I just would really like to know.
    I tell you what... I'll post the quoted info you want once the release comes out... how about that? Until then, you'll just have to deal with the fact that Google is working hard on this and it will be out soon.
    01-01-09 11:43 AM
    So it is speculation on your part. That's all you had to say.

Maybe something like this would have been appropriate:
    Since the GPS is unlocked, I'm sure Google is working on it. I'd expect a new release in January. I don't see any reason to hassle them over a great product we get for free.

...rather than all the hostility and name calling. Maybe you should give this a quick read, then go back and read your posts and see if maybe you were a bit out of line:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/
    01-01-09 12:37 PM
    Are you sure this is not a Verizon restriction? GPS works flawlessly in Google Maps here in Spain with my Storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 12:41 PM
    So it is speculation on your part. That's all you had to say.

Maybe something like this would have been appropriate:
    Since the GPS is unlocked, I'm sure Google is working on it. I'd expect a new release in January. I don't see any reason to hassle them over a great product we get for free.

...rather than all the hostility and name calling. Maybe you should give this a quick read, then go back and read your posts and see if maybe you were a bit out of line:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/
    No, it's not speculation. The problem with you ****** is that you don't believe anything unless a ********* picture is posted. So, that's seems to be your problem, not mine. Wait for the app to update lamo. I'll be sure to bump this thread with an "I told you so" when the time comes.... be sure of that!
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 01-01-09 at 05:55 PM. Reason: language
    01-01-09 01:27 PM
    Google has said they might not support it (and now I quote Google employee Tom / Thom:

"Hi all,

I wanted to provide a little background for people with Verizon Wireless devices who aren't able to use their device's internal GPS with Google Maps for mobile. Access to GPS data on Verizon devices is restricted to certain applications. At this time, Google Maps for mobile isn't included in that list. However, two other methods of determining your location, Cell ID and Wifi access points, can be used to pinpoint your place on the map.

I'll update this group if I have more news regarding Verizon GPS integrations with Google Maps for mobile in the future.

Cheers,
    Tom"

Is there a possibility that Verizon is specifically blocking Google Maps from the GPS? This Google guy Tom wouldn't be able to say so, even if it was true, because he hasn't seen any actual list. This would explain why Nav4All works. Verizon doesn't care about that app.
    01-01-09 02:10 PM
    I'm deff in.
    01-01-09 02:26 PM
    It is not a matter of "believe" or "do not believe"

Why do you have to be such a *******?

NOBODY said "you're a big liar! there's no chance google will update it in January! You don't know anything about anything!"

Let me recap the situation for you since you CLEARLY have a BIG problem with reading comprehension:

You stated that Google would release a new version in January.
    A few people asked where you got this info from.
    You called us all idiots for not 'believing' you.

I read the google blogs. I read posts on this forum. I have not seen any official (or unofficial) statement from google saying that they were planning to make this big new release in January. If such a statement DOES exist somewhere, I'd really like to read it... not because I think you are a liar (I do not), but because I'd like to read whatever else they had to say.

I don't need 'a picture' ... I just want to know what is going on. If you were to post a link to some blog where a Google employee discussed this, maybe that's a blog I'd like to follow in the future.

If no statement exists or if you are not on some top-secret mailing list for Google insiders, then you are SPECULATING. This is not a bad word. It is just another word for an educated guess. I respect your educated guesses, I just would like to know which ones are FACT and which ones are GUESSES.

I'm really sorry that I have to explain this to you, and I know you'll respond with more hostility, but people like you are the reason why forums like this have problems getting new users to jump into discussions:
    a. you respond with hostility to what you consider to be a dumb question
    b. you seem to have trouble comprehending english so you end up responding not to the question asked, but to what you THINK was asked.

Since you clearly didn't read the link I posted, maybe you'll read it if I post the relevant parts here:

From the crackberry.com forums Basic Member Conduct:
    ...keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things....if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

That means: if you think the question is dumb, either answer politely or don't answer at all.

I'm going to follow my own advice and not respond to anything else you post unless you can speak with some level of civility.

Moderators: if you are seeing these posts and you don't think anything wrong is going on here, please let me know ASAP. I don't want to bother getting involved any more in this forum if this is business as usual.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 01-01-09 at 05:56 PM. Reason: language
    01-01-09 02:36 PM
    ^^ Very well put.

I hope Google releases something soon. I was lost yesterday and used BBMaps but its quite slow and doesn't have as many options as Google Maps
    01-01-09 03:25 PM
    Is there a possibility that Verizon is specifically blocking Google Maps from the GPS? This Google guy Tom wouldn't be able to say so, even if it was true, because he hasn't seen any actual list. This would explain why Nav4All works. Verizon doesn't care about that app.
    That's not the case here. The GPS calls that Google is using in their app are different then the call that NAV4ALL issues. One key difference here is that NAV4ALL was written with the intent of being used with the GPS capabilities of the GSM models of Blackberries. The GPS in those units work a bit differently then the ones in the CDMA versions. This is what Google doesn't quite grasp yet. Once they rewrite the calls, it should be fine. The GPS calls for OS4.5 or higher have been rewritten a bit to only allow signed apps to issue aGPS calls and those calls must also include proper IP and Port for the PDE server to be used.

Either way, unless Google can't program, GMaps will be update for GPS to work on the Storm.

As for my language, I'm sure others (including mods) agree with me that when we tell you guys that something will happen or why it happens a certain way or why this or that happens and you keep harping on the "We don't belive any of you, blah blah blah" sometimes you have to slap someone in the face with a word here or there. If you can't take the insult, don't keep nagging about something that you yourself don't have any counter info on. Your quotes off that forum are "old" and from a user who was quite uninformed about the issues with the Storm at the time of his posting those comments. Believe that...

This is the last post I'm making in this thread as it's obvious you're wasting my time with your inability to "listen".
    01-01-09 05:53 PM
    Please keep the profanity & personal attacks off the forum and the posts on topic. Thanks.
    01-01-09 05:56 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD