One more thing to keep us amused (or not) while we wait for Wednesday.

Vote: Is BB10 enough to turn things around for Research In Motion?

On Wednesday, Research In Motion will unveil its long-awaited BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Hopeful investors have sent the company's stock soaring in anticipation. Do you think RIM is poised for growth after years of underperformance? Chart your perspective. Each dot on this graph represents one person's response colour coded by age, location or gender.

Vote: Is BB10 enough to turn things around for Research In Motion? - The Globe and Mail
    Attached Thumbnails Vote: Is BB10 enough to turn things around for Research In Motion? [Globe and Mail Poll]-poll.jpg  
    01-27-13 01:26 PM
    Done, already But let's flood this, CrackBerrians !!!
    01-27-13 01:27 PM
    So there's a 55 - 64 year old, non-Canadian female who actually thinks BB10 "will hurt" RIM! LMAO!!!!

Si.
    01-27-13 01:41 PM
    How the **** can anyone taking this poll know if its enough to turn things around for RIM????????? Its has not been revealed yet. So sick of **** like this. This **** goes of old sentiment from OS4 and OS5 devices. Most of the people taking this poll don't even have a **** clue about any of the leaks of BB10 even. Globe and mail needs to stop with the **** and ask realistic questions when the proper time has come. Like after launch.
    01-27-13 02:02 PM
    Taking poll now
    W Hoa likes this.
    01-27-13 02:03 PM
    Really the question they should ask, and the question most people are answering in their heads with this poll is "do you want things to turn around for Research In Motion?"
    01-27-13 02:07 PM
    Done. One Newfie hater for sure. LoL
    01-27-13 02:50 PM
    This poll is bananas....but I like bananas....
    01-27-13 03:01 PM
    It's an interesting view on the sentiment of Canadians towards RIM. Lots of optimism out there.
    01-27-13 03:12 PM
    I dont think it could hurt RIM at all unless something about BB10 is just messed up. The question is will it succeed enough to bring RIM back IMO
    01-27-13 04:54 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Lot of optimism about RIM and bb10 . no doubt!!!
    01-27-13 06:27 PM
    It's an interesting view on the sentiment of Canadians towards RIM. Lots of optimism out there.
    Looks like it, but let's not forget sampling error. The people most likely to read RIM articles and respond to polls like this are those that are already pro-RIM. But I do think there are a lot of pro-RIM Canadians.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-27-13 06:47 PM
    Ill hold my vote until after its launched.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 06:53 PM
    I dont think it could hurt RIM at all unless something about BB10 is just messed up. The question is will it succeed enough to bring RIM back IMO
    It could hurt RIM fairly easily. By the current perception, if they continue with BB7 then they're slowly descending into the realm of irrelevance. BB10 is their last hope to counter that, and if they fail with BB10 then people will automatically write them off, thus killing them now instead of a slow descent into the realm of irrelevance. I think that BB10 will be good enough to "save" RIM, but I'm a BlackBerry fan, and if BB10 had never happened I would probably be on these forums talking about how pre-release videos of BB8 are so much better than iOS and Android.
    01-27-13 07:06 PM
    Best reply yet
    Attached Thumbnails Vote: Is BB10 enough to turn things around for Research In Motion? [Globe and Mail Poll]-best.jpg  
    dusdal, bungaboy and LazyEvul like this.
    01-27-13 07:12 PM
    if RIM came out with just a new phone prospects would be slim.
    what a lot of people miss is RIM is coming out with a new OS and at least as important
    new management and new vastly improved marketing.
    everything from how they handled the apps to the SuperBowl ad indicates this is a whole new company.
    RIM is improving so fast, hard for commentators to keep up.
    01-27-13 07:24 PM
    Well this is certainly a different take on a Poll. Interesting.
    01-28-13 10:51 AM
    Poll Results
    Readers weigh in

How important is BlackBerry 10 to the future of Research In Motion? Its a crucial turning point for the company, say a vast majority of Globe and Mail readers who responded to a recent poll.

Asked whether BlackBerry 10 would be a game changer for RIM, an overwhelming 92 per cent of more than 850 respondents said yes. Even among respondents from outside of Canada, 91 per cent agreed.

BlackBerry 10 is a game changer, one respondent said. Everyone who has used the product has come away impressed, even the vast majority of the tech blogosphere that was all too quick to write RIMs epitaph.

Not everyone was confident that the BlackBerry 10 would be enough to turn things around, however. Four per cent said the new device would hurt RIMs chances at recovery, and 5 per cent were neutral.

Unfortunately BB10 is too little and too late in the game for RIM, said one respondent. The competition has grown from Apple to Samsung. Even Apple is feeling the heat.

Asked how they felt about RIMs future in general, 82 per cent of respondents were optimistic, 10 per cent were pessimistic and 8 per cent were neutral.

See the full poll results and add your vote at tgam.ca/BB10.
    01-29-13 12:44 AM