Hopefully someone can help me with this-- When I use my navigation seems like the volume is a lot lower than it should be even though I have the volume maxed out, is that just how it is with the navigation volume and this is there way of making you spend the money on one of those things that you can ahve the sound go through your speakers?????
    11-06-09 05:00 PM
    What Nav program are you usung and what OS do you have on the device?
    11-06-09 05:15 PM
    I've been using the Verizon Navigator program, the one that Verizon provides. As far as what OS I'm using when I go into advanced options>applications it says I'm running Blackberry 4.7 system software
    11-06-09 11:45 PM
    Okay sounds like you are on official version. Sound like you are having two conerns.

1. sound is low
    2. not coming out of the speaker only ear piece?

while playing did you hit the alt and $ key to turn on speaker phone? and as far as the sound goes, does it go loud and get soft again?
    11-07-09 08:15 AM
    Not sure if it's coming out of the earpiece instead of the speakres but I have to pick it up as if I'm using it in order to hear the voice of the GPS. Also, the volume seems to be soft then slightly louder for example

you are about to turn onto NORTH MAIN STREET

where the caps shows where it gets slightly louder for some reason
    11-07-09 09:18 AM
    Okay, this may be known issue with the software that the vendor is working on. I was reading some info about it this the other day, but do not access to that info right now. I will search and get back to you tomorrow. BTW if you could go to options>about and post the actual OS you are unning. It will be the third line starting with a v4.X.X.XXX. Do not need the platform number.
    11-07-09 09:29 AM
    4.7.1.40 is the OS that I'm running, thanks for all the help.

At first I didn't have this problem, I could hear it fine if I put it on the passenger seat but now I have to read it and put it up to my ear to hear it, kind of annoying.
    11-07-09 02:54 PM
    Hmm, you can try to remove and re-install VZNav.
    11-07-09 04:14 PM
    I mean I can try doing that again but I have already tried it before.
    11-07-09 08:30 PM
    If it has been done, no need to try again. If you have backed up and wiped the device and there is no improvement at that time. I would call VZW and let them know everything you have done and they may try a replacement.
    11-07-09 08:39 PM
    If it has been done, no need to try again. If you have backed up and wiped the device and there is no improvement at that time. I would call VZW and let them know everything you have done and they may try a replacement.
    I don't understand why I would get a replacement when everything has been working fine on my phone. I think if anything it is just somethjing to do with the navigation program itself since I've had no other problems.

Also you said something about this being a known issue with the GPS software, maybe that's a possibility? I really don't want to trade my phone I have babied it and got it right how I want it now.
    11-09-09 09:02 AM
    I seem to have the same problem with TeleNav. (I'm on Sprint with .57 OS). For some reason the volume seems much lower (proportionally) in TeleNav as opposed to speaking on the phone at the same volume level or voice prompts (voice dial, vlingo, etc.)

Also, TeleNav does not send sound through my BT headset, unlike all other apps.

Anyone else experienced this specifically with TeleNav?
    11-09-09 10:59 AM
    I seem to have the same problem with TeleNav. (I'm on Sprint with .57 OS). For some reason the volume seems much lower (proportionally) in TeleNav as opposed to speaking on the phone at the same volume level or voice prompts (voice dial, vlingo, etc.)

Also, TeleNav does not send sound through my BT headset, unlike all other apps.

Anyone else experienced this specifically with TeleNav?
    I don't use telenav but that sounds a lot like the problem I was having with my GPS. I called Verizon about it a couple weeks ago and supposedly the guy was gonna send me these instructions on how to fix the problem but I never did get that email from them. I'll follow up on it again when I get some free time this week or something and if it turns out to be something that I can fix myself I'll post in this thread.

I think it's just something with the software for the GPS, I don't have problems with the volume on anything else, haven't had any software issues with anything else. I've already tried the thing where you delete and reinstall the program so I don't think that's going to fix it. I'm not going to get involved with a replacement phone right now becuase I really don't think that's the problem.
    11-09-09 01:29 PM
    So much for this thread...never got a resolution to my problem.
    11-13-09 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD