Dear All,
    I make a lot of international calls and I've been using Skype as a cheaper (not really cheap) alternative than using my phone. I was utterly dissappointed to find out that IM+ uses Skype out when you are trying to contact people on your skype contact list (thus instead of being free there is a skypeout fee for any call placed). Someone suggested iskoot that I have succesfully installed but haven't been able to use yet (always having issues login in). The same was true for MINO, I was never able to place a call. Finally I noticed that Kevin suggested Raketu as another VOIP alternative (which if I am correct is actually cheaper than skype). Any other users out there have had luck using it or any other VOIP provider? Anxious to read your comments. Thanks!
    01-12-08 10:48 PM
    Two companies you may want to look into more are EQO and nimbuzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-08 11:16 AM
    Dear All,
    I make a lot of international calls and I've been using Skype as a cheaper (not really cheap) alternative than using my phone. I was utterly dissappointed to find out that IM+ uses Skype out when you are trying to contact people on your skype contact list (thus instead of being free there is a skypeout fee for any call placed). Someone suggested iskoot that I have succesfully installed but haven't been able to use yet (always having issues login in). The same was true for MINO, I was never able to place a call. Finally I noticed that Kevin suggested Raketu as another VOIP alternative (which if I am correct is actually cheaper than skype). Any other users out there have had luck using it or any other VOIP provider? Anxious to read your comments. Thanks!
    Yeah, Raketu is great! I call internationally at least two-three times a week. These guys are great at both pricing and quality. I've been looking into other providers, but no one comes close.
    01-18-08 12:01 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion guys. Will let you know how it works out.
    01-24-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD