Have you ever sent back a phone that was still under warranty but was somehow modified and thus making the warranty void.
    What happened?

I have had several people tell me that they were sent a replacement phone because their phone was still under warranty, but they had a "not yet released by their carrier" OS on their phone, and nothing happened to them as far as being charged.

Just wondering what your experiences have been.
    11-06-08 03:31 PM
    As far as the OS, they usually won't notice because they wipe the device and reboot the OS anyway to fix "most" warranty issues before they send it back to be used as a refurb.
    11-06-08 03:37 PM
    updating the OS shouldn't void your warrany now changing led colors with a sharpie marker definaly voids the warranty.
    11-06-08 05:09 PM
    updating the OS shouldn't void your warrany now changing led colors with a sharpie marker definaly voids the warranty.
    If the OS has not yet been released by that carrier (like 4.5 on VZW until the other day) it WILL void your warranty.
    11-06-08 05:15 PM
    that stinks i thought all OS came through RIM
    11-06-08 05:17 PM
    It has to be approved and released by your carrier. You can upgrade and then just downgrade back to your providers before you send in though.
    11-06-08 05:21 PM
    so< your suggestion is for me to downgrade back to the last version from carrier before I send it in?
    11-06-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD