Everytime I get a voicemail I get a text message telling me I get a voicemail. I talked with my carrier, Verizon, and asked them to stop sending it. When they tried to fix it I stopped getting voicemail notifications altogether. So when I had them turn notification back on its back how it was. I am getting the notification icon showing I have new voicemail and I am also getting an SMS indicating I have a new voivemail.

How do I stop this, its annoying and I think my carrier is charging it against my 250 texts a month.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 12:47 PM
    I like it personally, but that's just me. Also, do you get charged for incoming texts? If so, you might want to talk to Verizon about that. I didn't know anyone charged for incoming texts.
    02-02-13 01:03 PM
    There's nothing you can do about it. But it's not a real "text message". You aren't getting "charged" for it.

cjcampbell, most (if not all) US carriers charge for both incoming and outgoing SMS. It's a standard thing.
    02-02-13 01:59 PM
    "there is nothing you can do about it" is never an answer, "to my knowledge yiu can't change that" may be acceptable.

The last time I got a new BlackBerry (8130 Pearl in 2008) i had the same thing and after a lon enough time on the phone with my carrier, the great Alltel before the awful purchase, was able to change something so it stopped.

I don't understand how you can like it. I already have a VM symbol that says how many new voicemails I have. If I see that I call my voicemail. I don't need to then go into my SMS and clear that too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9370 using Tapatalk
    02-03-13 01:05 PM
    Ok. I stand corrected.

There IS something you can do about it. You can accept it and move on.
    raino likes this.
    02-03-13 01:13 PM
    Still a pain in the ****. I can't see why anyone would like this feature. If i see the notification icon that I have a voice mail I check it. That's what voicemail is for, so you can hear someone's voice. Showing a text message indicating your voicemail is pointless. Maybe if you happen to get 300 voicemails a day, and people actually set some as important, than maybe, but for most folks its only annoying.
    04-26-13 10:03 AM
    I've got Visual Voicemail on Bell and get the text messages once in a while telling me there's a message there.

I also have issues with the VV app not downloading messages or clearing them off the mailbox properly. It's a mess.
    04-26-13 02:49 PM