Ive been looking for hours & seem to be the only one with this problem .. I am totally new to the blackberry & had it thrust upon me at work so I can can be reached anyyyyytime. I feel really silly asking what muse be an easy thing but I have no instructions whatsoever with it. Ok, so I finally figured out how to set up my voice mail, and yesterday was able to check my messages. Now today, all I can get is myself saying to leave a message! I can't access my messages, or even figure out how to. Boy, I'm ready to turf this thing. I want my crummy plain ol cell phone back.

Please help a newbie & be gentle lol.
    07-28-08 07:41 PM
    I'm not familiar with your device or carrier, but this will get you started. Your carrier CSR should be able to help you out if you can't get it with these. Or maybe someone else from here can.

https://support.sasktel.com/KanisaSu...&highlight=off

BlackBerry 7250 manual, download cell phone user manual | PhoneDog.com
    07-28-08 08:10 PM
    Thanks for those, they answer a LOT of other things I was wondering about but never had the time to look up. I still can't check voicemail however. Still all I get is myself asking to leave a message.
    07-29-08 12:50 AM
    I never heard of the carrier you have. I thought it was standard that holding down the 1 key for a few seconds takes you to your messages. Is it possible that you have to enter a password at your leave a message thing? Have you called your carrier and ask them to help you understand how to use voicemail?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 01:41 AM
    Holding down the 1 key does take me to voice mail, but only gives me the option to leave a message, as if i were calling somebody else. I'll try calling my carrier when I have a chance, but it may be quicker to pick up a new cell phone & just use this for the email capability. Thanks for your assistance guys. Even though I haven't figured this particular thing out, this looks like a great site to find just about everything else I could need.
    07-29-08 06:12 PM
    Well if holding one connects you to your message for people who call to leave a message I very highly doubt its the phone. Because holding down 1 on any phone will do the same exact thing. It has to be some strange way the carrier handles VM. Heck I'm curious to find out what the carrier has to say.

07-29-08 11:18 PM
    Finally got it figured out! I have to press *99 then I actually get a prompt to enter my password. YAY ... I had a lot of catching up to do lol.
    I can also call my own# from any phone and hit 7, then enter password and retrieve messages that way ... or I can do it all online ... and/or have them emailed to me as a .wav
    08-05-08 10:43 PM
    Finally got it figured out! I have to press *99 then I actually get a prompt to enter my password. YAY ... I had a lot of catching up to do lol.
    I can also call my own# from any phone and hit 7, then enter password and retrieve messages that way ... or I can do it all online ... and/or have them emailed to me as a .wav
    I have a feeling you are going to LOVE your BlackBerry! haha. I can almost hear your excitement!

*No offense, when I read your posts, Wanda Sykes voice came to my mind, I have no idea why! Crazy!
    08-05-08 10:47 PM
    Wow *99 and then enter a PW. Seems like a lot of extra steps that they didn't really need to use. But at least you know its not possible anyone else is listening to your VM. I'd much rather just have the right to VM resulting from holding down 1. Glad ya got it all worked out.

08-06-08 02:17 AM
    Edit the voice mail number, add a pause at the end of the phone number, then add *99, then another pause & your password. This will save you from a bunch of typing everytime you want to check your voicemail. Hope this helps.
    08-06-08 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD