I have never ever seen the importance of voice dialling in my BB storm. FOr the life of me, no matter how i say the name the voice dialer automatically goes to signal strength or battery life so on and so forth. Even the name JOHN, this voice recognition thing hears it as battery life or something or status.
    Its a cool feature but VERY useless.
    Unless I am the only one having problems with this thing.
    05-28-09 12:41 PM
    It's useless to me too. That's why I just remove it with CrackMem.
    05-28-09 12:42 PM
    to each his own, I use it all the time in the car with my Jabra SP700....works just fine for me 99%
    05-28-09 12:47 PM
    Idk what's going on with your storm.....my bold does fine except it gives me 3 names that it thinks I've said, but the name is usually ther....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:48 PM
    Idk what's going on with your storm.....my bold does fine except it gives me 3 names that it thinks I've said, but the name is usually ther....

that is the problem right there. hahahaha!
    05-28-09 12:53 PM
    I just happened across an app called Vlingo that claims to offer virtually complete use of your BB via voice. Does anyone use this? Is it any good? Can I get rid of voice dialing if I have Vlingo?
    05-28-09 01:15 PM
    You can remove Voice Activated Dialing and still use Vlingo.
    My personal opinion of Vlingo is that it is a total waste. Any and
    everything I can do with it I can do 5 times faster without it.
    Vlingo did not survive a full week on my phone.
    05-28-09 01:47 PM
    Thanks Amazingly. I never use the Voice Activated Dialing anyway so I'm sure I'll erase it regardless. I just picked up Vlingo today for easy BB use in the car (I'm not in one of those states than bans cell phone use while driving...yet). I figured "free" makes it worth a try.
    05-28-09 01:51 PM
    Next question, how do i erase Voice Activated Dialing?
    05-28-09 01:52 PM
    Ricky you have to use a program called CrackMem to remove VAD.
    05-28-09 02:11 PM
    Voice dialing works very well for me on my Storm. Never had issues with it and I use it a lot.

Maybe it depends on how articulate the user speaks

05-28-09 02:22 PM
    I have never ever seen the importance of voice dialling in my BB storm. FOr the life of me, no matter how i say the name the voice dialer automatically goes to signal strength or battery life so on and so forth. Even the name JOHN, this voice recognition thing hears it as battery life or something or status.
    Its a cool feature but VERY useless.
    Unless I am the only one having problems with this thing.
    Maybe you're not speaking clear enough....sorry, couldn't resist
    05-28-09 02:27 PM
    Thanks Amp. Anything else you'd recommend getting rid of?
    05-28-09 02:29 PM
    Np. Personally no there is nothing else I would suggest getting rid of. I have kept everything that has came on the phone.
    05-28-09 02:34 PM
    I will type this again as I don't see my post.
    Rest of the post deleted and font made normal. Your post is one above this one.
    05-28-09 02:53 PM
    Hey, AG, can I ask you a quick unrelated question? (or, rather, one in addition to asking if I could ask you one) How does CB "rank" posters? I mean, when does a "newbie" become a "user" and so on?

(Sorry in advance for the unrelated topic. I just rarely happen to be posting in a thread at the same time as a mod)
    05-28-09 03:11 PM
    Voice Dial works GREAT! for me.
    A device w/out VD is a device I would not own.
    I'm in my car 1.5-2 hours a day.
    VD is mandatory.
    05-28-09 09:09 PM
    Voice dialing works great for me. I use it all the time when driving. I only wish my motorcycle's bluetooth supported it - at least it supports communication after the call is connected.
    05-29-09 07:31 AM
    I've never had a use for it, just easy enough to dial the old fashion way......
    05-29-09 08:08 AM
    I only wish my motorcycle's bluetooth supported it - at least it supports communication after the call is connected.
    I would think any BT equipped helmet would support voice dialing. At least, I know the moment I activate the BT on my Dainese helmet I get a voice dialing prompt. :shrug: I thought that was a standard response using any BT headset.
    05-30-09 01:34 PM
    Well i guess i found out my problem. Its my accent!!! Snap!!
    06-01-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD