i have 8100 on OS 4.5 and my phone keeps activating voice dialing. and there is no audio everytime i recieve a call except if i use my headphones. already tried batt.pull and clean install several times now. what else can i do please help me.

thanks.
    10-19-08 06:42 AM
    Receive call no audio... Does the audio work for other things? Outgoing calls? Play audio file or music?

Pearl on OS4.5 suggests you upgraded the software. Did the problem appear immediately after the upgrade?
    10-19-08 06:55 AM
    Receive call no audio... Does the audio work for other things? Outgoing calls? Play audio file or music?

Pearl on OS4.5 suggests you upgraded the software. Did the problem appear immediately after the upgrade?
    ive trying to fix this for 3 days now.
    i tried different OS and the problem is still there or sometimes worst.
    when i use 8100C_PBr4.2.1_rel164 i cant use media(music and video wont play keeps on pausing) and voice dialing keeps on activating. and no audio 4 calls except when i use my headphones.

but when i use 8100EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108 my media is working fine but still no audio on handset only with earphones 4 calls and VAD keeps on activating.

also volume is so low tied diff. setting but no luck
    this very frustrating what else is there to do?
    Last edited by marad1024; 10-19-08 at 07:17 AM.
    10-19-08 07:14 AM
    I think the first issue is get VAD under control.

By default, VAD is activated by the left side convience button. If you are pressing the button while handling it, you may what to disable that feature.

Options / Screen/Keyboard. Scroll down to Left side convience key and change the setting to Nothing.

If that stops the VAD, we can concentrate on the other issues. If VAD is still going active, that may indicate a deeper seated problem.
    10-19-08 11:20 AM
    Like Reed say's... That's how I often mistakenly activate voice dialing. Convenience key accidentally touched by me or by removing it from my case.

Used to happen more frequently with an 8800 I had where I used no case until I descovered keyboard lock.

I love voice dialing though.
    10-19-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD