Vivek would certainly do no worse than Heins. Vivek also seems more confident. Exactly what we need.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-27-13 11:19 PM
    Hire Tim Cook!!!!!! Hell release the Z10 S Q10 S Z30S and update the software dramatically in 6 years!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:22 PM
    That's not true. You're generalizing. You're basically saying that anyone who currently works at BlackBerry thinks exactly the same way current management does.

Someone could have a total different vision for the company, they've just never been in the position to lay it out.

It's not so much that everyone inside BlackBerry thinks like the old guard, it's more, everybody's eating off the same plate, meaning, if you become CEO from inside the organisation, you have a lot of mouths to feed, and a pack of hungry wolves can turn on you in a spilt second.

A CEO from outside BlackBerry, would have a better chance of rooting out the rot.

Retire, golden p, head chop or whatever it takes to get a competitive mindset and execution is the best course for survival, but judging by the amount of vultures around, the outcome does not look good for the company as a whole.
    09-28-13 02:34 AM
    Steven D. Levitt for CEO
    09-28-13 02:34 AM
    It's not so much that everyone inside BlackBerry thinks like the old guard, it's more, everybody's eating off the same plate, meaning, if you become CEO from inside the organisation, you have a lot of mouths to feed, and a pack of hungry wolves can turn on you in a spilt second.

A CEO from outside BlackBerry, would have a better chance of rooting out the rot.

Retire, golden p, head chop or whatever it takes to get a competitive mindset and execution is the best course for survival, but judging by the amount of vultures around, the outcome does not look good for the company as a whole.
    I totally agree with what you are saying, as Ross Perot used to say "It's time to clean out the barn".

Blackberry needs folks who have fresh ideas and a realistic vision for the future or it's the way of the DO DO Bird I am sorry to say.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5
    09-28-13 05:01 AM
    BlackBerry needs someone who totally thinks outside the box. Some outsider who would unleash "TAT" and market the phones very aggressively.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:23 AM
    ALEC SAUNDERS!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:24 AM
    Leo Apotheker for ceo!

Posted via CB10
    Dude! That is something to not even joke about.. XD
    Before you know it we'll be open sourced and put into washing machines and tv's

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:31 AM
    The ghost of Steve Jobs for CEO of BBRY!
    09-28-13 10:53 AM
    soxfan or Kevin!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-28-13 12:05 PM
    ALEC SAUNDERS!

Posted via CB10
    That's the last thing we need
    kevinnugent and h20work like this.
    09-28-13 12:10 PM
    Kevin for ceo!

Crackberry Q10 / Playbook
    09-28-13 01:01 PM
    No more nerds or engineers. Someone with a proven business record and political intelligence.

Posted from BlackBerry Z10
    h20work likes this.
    09-28-13 01:28 PM
    Mrmister for ceo
    Best bell clientle service sales person
    Best newspaper sales person
    Best shopping channel sales person

Yes I have way more experience than the chief of marketing and ceo

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:39 PM
    Hire Tim Cook!!!!!! Hell release the Z10 S Q10 S Z30S and update the software dramatically in 6 years!!!!
    Oh yayy lets all join in and laugh at Tim Cook, the CEO who led Apple to just smash records and sold...
    9 million iPhones in one weekend.

Some people try and down play the numbers by saying it was a world wide launch and no pre orders were allowed so this increases sell rate, some are on ebay etc etc, well, a sale is a sale, only Apple is competent enough to do things like this...

Blackberry? Well they cannot even launch an app world wide (BBM).
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-28-13 02:23 PM
    He couldn't do any worse.

Posted via CB10
    Ahahhahahahhahahhahahha true

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    09-28-13 03:19 PM
    But Vivek Bhardwaj is the head of the software portfolio for BlackBerry.
    Oh then, he is either a co-conspirator or guilty by association.

Actually, I thought he was an affable guy, based on my observation of on-stage performance during the launch (compared to totally wooden Heins), but I do not know beyond that.
    09-28-13 04:52 PM
    Arse (nio) Hall maybe.
    We already have him there.....
    Last edited by xanadome; 09-28-13 at 09:13 PM.
    09-28-13 04:58 PM
    Vivek is a better presenter than Thorstein but he would make a terrible CEO doing one thing well doesn't mean you have the business sense, background or vision to be the leader this company needs going forward if it's going to survive let alone try to get back more market share.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-01-13 02:51 AM
    doing one thing well doesn't mean you have the business sense, background or vision to be the leader
    To be honest I don't even think he did the demos that well, but the fangirls here were too busy chanting his name and cheering "Demo King".

He could barely Peek on the Dev Alpha as if he was totally unaware of the bezel being obstructed by the casing. So you would see him swiping a few times, as if to hint the device is not responsive first time.

Then, at the BB10 worldwide launch, he totally messed up the TimeShift demo after taking multiple blurry pics, this was the BEST he could get, it was the only non blurry pic available through his shift, terrible pic

Vivek for CEO of BBRY!-blackberry100072_7001.jpg
    10-01-13 05:01 AM
    BlackBerry needs a brand new external ceo who is capable of restructing the company 100% completely. Brand new start.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and djhaggarty like this.
    10-01-13 08:15 PM
    Alright its november 4th and we need to revive this thread!!!!
    11-04-13 08:04 AM
72 123