I'm a new Blackberry Storm owner, and I'm slow to figuring all this stuff out...

The day I got it, Visual Voicemail automatically downloaded all my old saved messages; but since then, whenever I get a new voicemail, it sends me a text message about it, but I have to open my Visual Voicemail and have it Check New Messages in order to get my voicemail!

Am I doing something wrong, is there some sort of setting I just haven't figured out, or do I need to take the phone back to Verizon? It IS supposed to just get the messages automatically, isn't it?

Anyone who can help, please do!!
    06-28-09 12:21 AM
    Yes it is suppose to do it automatically.

Two things to try
    1) dial into your voicemail the regular way (hitting 1 on your keypad). go to options and be sure that Voicemail notifications are turned on.

2) Go to Options. Select Advanced Options then Applications. highlight the Visual Voicemail line and hit the Blackberry key. Select Edit Permissions. Be sure all the connections are set to allow. Save.
    06-28-09 01:11 AM
    I never use this... way too much hassle
    06-28-09 01:28 AM
    rjaus,

Thanks for the suggestions! I was so hoping they'd work, but no suck luck...guess I'll head to the Verizon store. Thanks for trying though!!
    06-28-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD